Check your account email address ×

Here's why so many millennials making 6-figure salaries still feel broke

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Lmao, how many are making six figures?

This is an article about like 1000 people :lol:

We’re not taking about Gaylord here. There are large business centers where making six figures is the norm for young professionals. Chicago, NY, etc.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Edmo said:

We’re not taking about Gaylord here. There are large business centers where making six figures is the norm for young professionals. Chicago, NY, etc.

I know, Jesus, don't be so literal :lol:

The point remains. How many people under 40 are actually making six figures? Especially in areas where the cost of living isn't so high that you might as well be living in a trailer and working at a gas station?

6 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Exactly. The troubles today, at least I’m told, are worse than any time in America. Yet I wonder how many people suffered through the Great Depression because during the “20’s they lived far beyond their means. Never saved and lived a life of extravagance. 

Its pretty egocentric to think that this period of our existence is the worst time........fairly comical really. Total lack of awareness of what times were like before.

Edited by s pump
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

The point remains. How many people under 40 are actually making six figures? Especially in areas where the cost of living isn't so high that you might as well be living in a trailer and working at a gas station?

Anyone that has trouble surviving on $100k/yr in the Midwest doesn’t deserve that kind of money. They’re too stupid to perform a task that nets so much cash. Yet there’re are areas on the west coast, primarily in the tech industries, where people are living in street side RV’s that earn even more than $100k because they can’t afford an appartment. 

30 minutes ago, s pump said:

Its pretty egocentric to think that this period of our existence is the worst time........fairly comical really. Total lack of awareness of what times were like before.

THE WORLD IS GOING TO HELL!!!!! :lol:

10 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

My wife's 2 cousins (both male. Her dad's sisters son's one is 32 other 34) both have recently gotten married within the last 5 years and had their first kids.  Seems like everything has been a competition to see who can out do the other one.  Weddings were both ridiculous. One had 13 one each side for bridesmaids and groomsmen. The other had 14. Both the wedding receptions were really crazy.  I'm guessing at least $4-500K each. Then the baby shower (and wedding showers) my wife said we're both ridiculous too.  Then they both within the last 2 years just had birthday parties for their babies 1st birthday.  She said they were like what you'd see at a wedding shower. Rented hall , all decorated, with ridiculous hors d'oeuvre's , food and desserts tables.  Fucking ridiculous.  

No, it's not really. If these people have the money, and obviously they do, they are simply showing off their status. 

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

No, it's not really. If these people have the money, and obviously they do, they are simply showing off their status. 

Kinda like you do, eh? 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Anyone that has trouble surviving on $100k/yr in the Midwest doesn’t deserve that kind of money. They’re too stupid to perform a task that nets so much cash. Yet there’re are areas on the west coast, primarily in the tech industries, where people are living in street side RV’s that earn even more than $100k because they can’t afford an appartment. 

Thank you liberals!!!!

12 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Not that uncommon in my area if you have a work ethic 

11 minutes ago, ACE said:

Not that uncommon in my area if you have a work ethic 

Here either 

Myself I know 6 young guys doing body work. They and make 95-110 a year on about 45-50 hours a week 

Same for a couple master plumbers 

Same for a welder who specializes under water 

12 hours ago, s pump said:

It's amazing but it's what Dems are led to believe. They suck it up like oxygen

2 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Here either 

Myself I know 6 young guys doing body work. They and make 95-110 a year on about 45-50 hours a week 

Same for a couple master plumbers 

Same for a welder who specializes under water 

My guess is moto thinks everyone is lazy and stupid like he is. Those types will always be poor 

Just now, washedupmxer said:

Even if was just 1000 im sure they were given something through privilege, not hard work....

My wife and I come from big families, and have several nieces and nephews in their late twenties or early thirties. I’d say 7/12 are making 6 figures and the other 5 are not far behind.

One if hers sold his software company to ibm for 100 mil. To say he stole that money off the backs of working folks is laughable. I’ve never seen anyone work as hard as this guy. He’s started like six other companies since then.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Edmo said:

My wife and I come from big families, and have several nieces and nephews in their late twenties or early thirties. I’d say 7/12 are making 6 figures and the other 5 are not far behind.

One if hers sold his software company to ibm for 100 mil. To say he stole that money off the backs of working folks is laughable. I’ve never seen anyone work as hard as this guy. He’s started like six other companies since then.

The hardest working person on the planet probably lives in poverty.

No one works hard enough to earn a billion dollars. That kind of wealth is obtained through legalized theft.

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

The hardest working person on the planet probably lives in poverty.

No one works hard enough to earn a billion dollars. That kind of wealth is obtained through legalized theft.

I get what you’re saying and somewhat agree but without the original idea and investment nobody gets the chance to even work.