Check your account email address ×

dont fuck with this dude

• Platinum Contributing Member

Colorado runner kills cougar in self-defence after attack

A man running on a popular park trail in the mountains of northern Colorado killed a mountain lion after it pounced on him from behind.

Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) officials say the man sustained serious injuries after he was bitten on his face and wrist by the young male lion.

The man, who has not been named, turned after hearing a noise behind him, just as the lion lunged, officials say.

The cat died from suffocation, state wildlife officials have determined.

Monday afternoon's attack occurred on the West Ridge Trail at Horsetooth Mountain Open Space near the city of Fort Collins - about 66 miles (106km) from Denver.

The victim "described hearing something behind him on the trail and was attacked by a mountain lion as he turned around to investigate," according to an official statement.

"The lion lunged at the runner, biting his face and wrist. He was able to fight and break free from the lion, killing the lion in self-defence."

After killing the predator, the man was able to leave the park on his own and call for help.

In a statement, officials the described the wounds to his face, wrist, arms, legs and back as "serious, but non-life threatening".

I read this a couple days ago, It was a bit different, the lion was not an adult, it was a yearling and weighed 80lbs.. Still bad ass, not taking anything away.. But......................

33 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Poor lion.  Beaten by a runner.  That's almost as bad as getting beat by a swimmer....or kayaker.  :lol: 

Lion would’ve have stood a chance against most of the big gut, flat assed snowmobiliers I’ve encountered. They’re some mean fuckers. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

I read this a couple days ago, It was a bit different, the lion was not an adult, it was a yearling and weighed 80lbs.. Still bad ass, not taking anything away.. But......................

I don't think any human could kill a full grown one with their bare hands.  Yes this one was a youngster, just still 80 lbs of muscle. 

21 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

What , no cross country skier? Share the hate man.

I was trying to be brief.  :lol: 

13 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Lion would’ve have stood a chance against most of the big gut, flat assed snowmobiliers I’ve encountered. They’re some mean fuckers. 

That lion would have lived if it were me.  

I get it though....you hate sledders.  It's a good thing you don't frequent any sledding sites.  :lmao:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The same ones that conceal carry? And what's with describing their ass  :lol: 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Poor lion.  Beaten by a runner.  That's almost as bad as getting beat by a swimmer....or kayaker.  :lol: 

Hey now, don't make fun of kayaker.  Anyone who can take a 12 inch cock pounding in their ass and beg for more....then walk out of the bathroom stall and go dance the night away, can take more punishment than I would be willing to endure.   You know what I am talking about right revkev?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Hey now, don't make fun of kayaker.  Anyone who can take a 12 inch cock pounding in their ass and beg for more....then walk out of the bathroom stall and go dance the night away, can take more punishment than I would be willing to endure.   You know what I am talking about right revkev?

I only make fun of kayakers that don't own sleds and spend their time on sled sites whining and complaining about political issues in a country in which they do not live.

:lol: 

• Haha 1