Check your account email address ×

Olympics!

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So were does an average person go to train for some of these events, like bobsledding, to become an Olympic athlete?  Seems to me to be out of the realm for the majority to even try.

Not sure if you’ve ever been around Olympic athletes or not. They aren’t average people. 

It’s actually pretty cool to compete with another human who is that much faster, stronger, whatever based on physical ability alone. 

Wow Maybe come up for air kayak boy you have been inverted for wayyyyy tooooo long.

Seriously though you come off as a condescending bitch, just so above it all. It really is embarrassing for you. You should sign up for a spot on the view. you would fit right in.

I try to stay out of shit like this but fuck you aren't even funny or correct when you try and slam anyone that talks to you.

Now I'm going to get it......................

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Not sure if you’ve ever been around Olympic athletes or not. They aren’t average people. 

It’s actually pretty cool to compete with another human who is that much faster, stronger, whatever based on physical ability alone. 

Oh I have no doubt about that, but some of these events would cost a fortune to practice for and that leaves out the majority, so its just spooner vs spooner.  No wonder our PM is all giddy about the games tweeting like the twit he is.

22 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Oh I have no doubt about that, but some of these events would cost a fortune to practice for and that leaves out the majority, so its just spooner vs spooner.  No wonder our PM is all giddy about the games tweeting like the twit he is.

I’m sure with bobsled and luge you have to have tried it and be close to a track. But skating, xcountry, curling, you’d know if you were something before you spent a fortune. Probably the same with any high end sport. 

44 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Im sure if stroking Trudeau was Olympic sport you would be gold medal all the way.

Just now, DAVE said:

Im not unhappy about a thing....you cant say that.

How do you know? I love where I live, my life our laws. 

I like making fun of dumbasses like you. For the past few weeks I’ve had lots of entertainment. Thanks. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

Is it even possible to buy a curling mop in a sporting goods store? :lol:

Is that what those things are called? :lol:

59 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

A lot of my posts have mentioned how Norway is seriously kicking ass. 1 for every  175,000 Norwegian’s has a medal in this Olympics so far. I think the US is closer to 1 for every 3 million. 

How many events are left?  Would Norway have to go home for you to beat them?  Maybe you should set your sites on France. Or have their been too many freedom fries consumed? 

Do you chant “we’re #6 “ at times like these?  Are thoughts and prayers as useful at winning medals as they are at stopping school shootings?

Dumb.....just dumb! All of it 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

How do you know? I love where I live, my life our laws. 

I like making fun of dumbasses like you. For the past few weeks I’ve had lots of entertainment. Thanks. 

Ok man....

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Lindsey Vonn oldest female to medal in women's alpine skiing.

Womens  cross country team win first gold ever for USA in that sport.

Cool she did get the bronze then  :saluting:

I watched her run but didn't see everyone who followed. Good for her!

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Cool she did get the bronze then  :saluting:

I watched her run but didn't see everyone who followed. Good for her!

Yep...her time held up as the course seemed to slow down and the wind picked up...she was pretty emotional afterwards seeing as that was her last Olympic Downhill race ever. She has been a great representative for Team USA.:thumbsup:

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep...her time held up as the course seemed to slow down and the wind picked up...she was pretty emotional afterwards seeing as that was her last Olympic Downhill race ever. She has been a great representative for Team USA.:thumbsup:

Very cool and she deserves it!  :bc: 

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Lindsey Vonn oldest female to medal in women's alpine skiing.

Womens  cross country team win first gold ever for USA in that sport.

Both those medals are really impressive. I can understand someone young giving It all downhill. But to have been injured numerous times and still have the guts is fucking incredible. 

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Very cool and she deserves it!  :bc: 

Absolutely!:ylsuper:

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Both those medals are really impressive. I can understand someone young giving It all downhill. But to have been injured numerous times and still have the guts is fucking incredible. 

They ran through her injuries and rehabs and you're absolutely right...she could have easily packed it in.:thumbsup:

23 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:read::news:  Down to a 2 medal lead

Capture.JPG.91143a163fcc2fe0b5e80fdfc8f3e1c6.JPG

That’s a little more like a race. Don’t think we’ll be catching those fucking Norwegian’s though.

You think this is what happens when athletes have to run clean?

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

That’s a little more like a race. Don’t think we’ll be catching those fucking Norwegian’s though.

You think this is what happens when athletes have to run clean?

Yeah it is! :bc: 

Norwegians are killing it as we all battle for the next three spots. I though I read a headline somewhere about a male Russian athlete on the Curling team caught in a doping scandal? I'm not tuned into the whole ordeal but really, doping for Curling? That has to be some BS