Check your account email address ×

Ya think?

Anler

5 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

What sled does Ski Dozer make that can compare to the turbo Cat? 

The turbo market is a limited market for sled Manus. The 800 2 stroke is much bigger. If cats business has to rely on the big turbo they are in trouble. 

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

It's going to be painful for Doo if cat ups the power of their 800's to beat the 850

Not really. Doo is in front and the others are playing catch up. If they want to beat them they need to out do them in a big way. Would probably require more than just a new engine. 

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Not really. Doo is in front and the others are playing catch up. If they want to beat them they need to out do them in a big way. Would probably require more than just a new engine. 

I don't know that that statement is necessarily true.  Yes, Doo is the most successfull.  And yes, the reason for that is they make the most dependable, best set-up out of the crate sled out there.  But, Poo may be the one trying to play catch up to that...and are closer now...but still a long ways off.  Cat, IMO, should stick to catering to more of their target market.  Performance minded, race enthusiests.  Ones that get have the abilities and want-to to dig into their maching for tuning and  mods.  I've long said Cat should go small and private.  They need to stop trying to water down their designs heavily built on the race track.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Can you imagine these brand biased Cat guys squawking if the 800 Cat motor makes more then the Doo 850? It would be equivalent to how bad Slope was running around pre-election  :lol: But you're probably right, it might take a whole new motor which means Cat was caught off guard again  :read: 

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Can you imagine these brand biased Cat guys squawking if the 800 Cat motor makes more then the Doo 850? It would be equivalent to how bad Slope was running around pre-election  :lol: But you're probably right, it might take a whole new motor which means Cat was caught off guard again  :read: 

Here's my thoughts on that as I DGAF about HP or straightline racing.  I think all these mils are running within 10hp of eachother.  10.  TEN.  That's not much.  In fact, show up with a 1/8 tank of gas and boom...equilized.  A mild amount of suspension and a touch of spring or weights in those clutches and again...BOOM.  Or, race an 350 pounder working his Axys tinker toy to it's limits....lololol

I guess I never understood the "Magazine X said my sled is faster/higher hp out of the crate than yours!!!" fights.  just stupid.  And if you are a straightline lake racing tool bag showing up with any 800 well, :lol: Oh....but I'm sure it's got a "can" on it that shows a 20hp gain.  :lmao:

Real speed freaks and straigght line racers ride turbos.  And that is all there is to that.  End of argument...end of story.  Period.

The look on 800 boy-racers when the Turbo guy shows up on the lake:

Image result for meerkat

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Here's my thoughts on that as I DGAF about HP or straightline racing.  I think all these mils are running within 10hp of eachother.  10.  TEN.  That's not much.  In fact, show up with a 1/8 tank of gas and boom...equilized.  A mild amount of suspension and a touch of spring or weights in those clutches and again...BOOM.  Or, race an 350 pounder working his Axys tinker toy to it's limits....lololol

I guess I never understood the "Magazine X said my sled is faster/higher hp out of the crate than yours!!!" fights.  just stupid.  And if you are a straightline lake racing tool bag showing up with any 800 well, :lol: Oh....but I'm sure it's got a "can" on it that shows a 20hp gain.  :lmao:

Real speed freaks and straigght line racers ride turbos.  And that is all there is to that.  End of argument...end of story.  Period.

The look on 800 boy-racers when the Turbo guy shows up on the lake:

Image result for meerkat

That's all fine and dandy but this isn't about turbo sleds. If Cat makes a 800cc motor that puts out more HP then the Doo 850 the Cat tramp stamp club will be running in overdrive. I'm just talk motor output here from n.a. 800'ish cc trail sleds.

Just now, Skidooski said:

That's all fine and dandy but this isn't about turbo sleds. If Cat makes a 800cc motor that puts out more HP then the Doo 850 the Cat tramp stamp club will be running in overdrive. I'm just talk motor output here from n.a. 800'ish cc trail sleds.

Yeah...I'm not defending cat 800 fanboi's either.  These bragging rights for most HP between 800 mils are funny as fuck to me because they amount to very little in the realy world.  But, I kind of get it too.  I just don't find it appealing.  What people don't understand is that an 800 mil is about as strong as you can get in a 2s and still hold together for any acceptable period of time.  As the 850 and 900's and soon to be 950's (I'm sure) start to melt down, ill-informed buyers looking for the "fastest 800-ish" will raise hell.  Like the newbie Cat turbo guy that drops a stage three tune in it and strips out his jack shaft, melts his domes and blows his track off the sled..and WUUUUUTTTT!!!  Morons.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...I'm not defending cat 800 fanboi's either.  These bragging rights for most HP between 800 mils are funny as fuck to me because they amount to very little in the realy world.  But, I kind of get it too.  I just don't find it appealing.  What people don't understand is that an 800 mil is about as strong as you can get in a 2s and still hold together for any acceptable period of time.  As the 850 and 900's and soon to be 950's (I'm sure) start to melt down, ill-informed buyers looking for the "fastest 800-ish" will raise hell.  Like the newbie Cat turbo guy that drops a stage three tune in it and strips out his jack shaft, melts his domes and blows his track off the sled..and WUUUUUTTTT!!!  Morons.  

I stick with just the stock 800 etec as my trail sled mostly just so I don't hurt myself  :lol:All my bigger cc stuff is for fun or race. 

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I stick with just the stock 800 etec as my trail sled mostly just so I don't hurt myself  :lol:All my bigger cc stuff is for fun or race. 

I just sold my ridiculously set up 800 for pretty much that reason.  "kill" is more the operative word though.

Racer 6...on the way.  :bc:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

"If?"   Simply put it does not.  Plenty have been on the dyno's already and I've yet to hear one claim its more powerful than the 850.   Its got its hands full with the other 800's.  

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I just sold my ridiculously set up 800 for pretty much that reason.  "kill" is more the operative word though.

Racer 6...on the way.  :bc:

The 800 TMFAPLYTH?   

Personally I love the CC/HP wars.   I wish we would see more.

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

"If?"   Simply put it does not.  Plenty have been on the dyno's already and I've yet to hear one claim its more powerful than the 850.   Its got its hands full with the other 800's.  

This all stems from the article talking about the current Cat 800 being close on power to the 850 and how one option is to up the power of it to beat the 850 instead of making a new motor to compete  :thumb: 

Edited by Skidooski

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

The 800 TMFAPLYTH?   

Yeah...but you're a turbo-tard.  You get a card in that fight.  Cuz you bought it to fucking play chess not checkers.  

Just now, Zambroski said:

Yeah...but you're a turbo-tard.  You get a card in that fight.  Cuz you bought it to fucking play chess not checkers.  

Figure out that acronym yet?  :lol:  

20 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The 800 TMFAPLYTH?   

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Fuck me.  I got NO chance to figure that shit out.  :lol:

????

Too Much For A Pussy Like You To Handle.  :poke:  :lol: