Check your account email address ×

Ya think?

Anler

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Here's my thoughts on that as I DGAF about HP or straightline racing.  I think all these mils are running within 10hp of eachother.  10.  TEN.  That's not much.  In fact, show up with a 1/8 tank of gas and boom...equilized.  A mild amount of suspension and a touch of spring or weights in those clutches and again...BOOM.  Or, race an 350 pounder working his Axys tinker toy to it's limits....lololol

I guess I never understood the "Magazine X said my sled is faster/higher hp out of the crate than yours!!!" fights.  just stupid.  And if you are a straightline lake racing tool bag showing up with any 800 well, :lol: Oh....but I'm sure it's got a "can" on it that shows a 20hp gain.  :lmao:

Real speed freaks and straigght line racers ride turbos.  And that is all there is to that.  End of argument...end of story.  Period.

The look on 800 boy-racers when the Turbo guy shows up on the lake:

Image result for meerkat

zactly,   if i give up 2-3 mph over the course of a 250 mile day it's really immaterial.  For what we do the crossover sleds the best option,  i'd be perfectly happy on an SBA with the 2.0 track,  a 1.75 cat cross country, a BCX with the 2.0 or what i have a freeride with a 1.75.  they are all going to top out in the 90's,  allow me to ride logging roads and the small hills as well as put on a 250-300 mile trail day.    I am used to the doo's and can pick it up and tweak what i want inside of a couple of hours so i've stayed with it,  helps that all my acceosries change from sled to sled  with it as well.  my next one I'll be going to a new chassis either way and will have to put some money into accessories so it will prob come down to a 2019 Freeride 146 cmotion(my dream sled) a used 18 BCX 2.0 or a 17 or 18 SBA 2.0

3 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Yup...i am...you can still get one in a 2018 renegade....but why would you. :lol:

I see that.  But I'll bet there are a lot of people that trust that 800 over the new 850 right now.  You know... the."too new to tell" paranoia.  And of course, there are a lot of those mills in crates waiting.

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I see that.  But I'll bet there are a lot of people that trust that 800 over the new 850 right now.  You know... the."too new to tell" paranoia.  And of course, there are a lot of those mills in crates waiting.

They did the same with the ptek...put it in sp versions....

1 minute ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

They did the same with the ptek...put it in sp versions....

Good grief was that thing a hot mess.  I stayed with the HO/Sdi's then skipped right over the Ptek to the Etec in year two of production.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Good grief was that thing a hot mess.  I stayed with the HO/Sdi's then skipped right over the Ptek to the Etec in year two of production.

The best 800 etec was the 2010.5

24 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Yup...i am...you can still get one in a 2018 renegade....but why would you. :lol:

They still sell the xs chassis with the 800. It's still a great sled. 

4 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

The best 800 etec was the 2010.5

You can get the timing bumped at the dealership. I think skidoo runs a safer tune to reduce warranty claims. 

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

You can get the timing bumped at the dealership. I think skidoo runs a safer tune to reduce warranty claims. 

Yes.  The early etecs ran that crank too dry.  They were fast and snappy as fuck but were turning the cranks out of spec at record numbers.  

2 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

No...there were changes to the ecm and air intake.

I had mine in the dealer for the "free pistons".  They told me my ECM was a 2010.5 map and updated it for me.  I had an early build Sno-Check I guess?  Beats me.  They also upgraded my pedals as they were shot to shit.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yes.  The early etecs ran that crank too dry.  They were fast and snappy as fuck but were turning the cranks out of spec at record numbers.  

The 10.5s were a feb. Release..some of the 11s came with the 10.5 ecm....but they all had the dual intake.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I had mine in the dealer for the "free pistons".  They told me my ECM was a 2010.5 map and updated it for me.  I had an early build Sno-Check I guess?  Beats me.  They also upgraded my pedals as they were shot to shit.  

Yes mine had the 10.5 as well...but it fried and the updated one was put in....i had it changed back of course though. :lol:

Just now, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Yes mine had the 10.5 as well...but it fried and the updated one was put in....i had it changed back of course though. :lol:

I really didn't notice that much of a difference.  Slower pull from mid to high range bit I rarely got past that anyway. Slight oil consumption but that was all.  I prefer a bit rich anyway.  

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I really didn't notice that much of a difference.  Slower pull from mid to high range bit I rarely got past that anyway. Slight oil consumption but that was all.  I prefer a bit rich anyway.  

Well youre fucked!!! :lol:

Mine used alot more oil....and would barely do 105 on the dream o meter.