Check your account email address ×

What are you drinking?

6 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I've used one. They are bad ass. Was looking at a small 2 stage Honda and it was $2200

That's about what I paid for mine. They are worth it IMO :thumb:

We don't get that kind of snow in the burbs of Chicago . Single stage is all I need here. My neighbor at my camp does my place with a Bobcat. Having a big 2 stage up there would be nice for clean up and moving the roof snow shed when I'm up there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

We don't get that kind of snow in the burbs of Chicago . Single stage is all I need here. My neighbor at my camp does my place with a Bobcat. Having a big 2 stage up there would be nice for clean up and moving the roof snow shed when I'm up there. 

What is the average snowfall down there?  Anything rideable?

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

We don't seem to get the big nor'easters here that we got when I lived in NH. But we can pick up over a foot in two or three days worth of flurries :lol:

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

We don't seem to get the big nor'easters here that we got when I lived in NH. But we can pick up over a foot in two or three days worth of flurries :lol:

Ive used my Ariens maybe a handfull of times since i bought it 3 or 4 yrs ago....shoulda kept my old one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

What is the average snowfall down there?  Anything rideable?

My sleds haven't been in IL in over  10years. At my cabin it's 200" on a bad year , 300" on a good year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

My sleds haven't been in IL in over  10years. At my cabin it's 200" on a bad year , 300" on a good year.

Well, that answers my question on Chi-town snow.  I think we average 80-100 inches here. :dunno: But it's more about the cold.  Once we get a foot of hard pack on the trails. It'll stay til spring.  Imo, big snowfall years are actually not good for fast twisty trails.   Have to go through a set up all over again.  I think we got like 150" a few years back with really cold temps.  Trails were a mess.  Slippy-slidey pants shitting stuff every week.

It's a lot of lake affect by me that doesn't melt on a good year. We pray for system snow with a lot of moisture  come Jan. We don't have to run picks on the trails. Never much ice.

A few pics of a good snow year. About 5' of settled snow in the yard. Could no longer push snow with a pick up, had to pay for a bobcat and end loader. We are due for a good year,been week the last three years.

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

On call this weekend. Milk and Grasshopper cookies.

IMG_3029.JPG

That reminds me...there is a box of Pecan Sandies in the kitchen. 

10 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

That reminds me...there is a box of Pecan Sandies in the kitchen. 

I've been on to the no bake oatmeal cookies tonight :good: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Picked up a 6'er of Great Lakes Brewing Edmund Fitzgerald Porter and a dirty 30 of Hamm's.  Both taste great with beef jerky and crispy M&M's on a 85° day.

That GLB Edmund Fitzgerald is fucking disgusting. One sip, spit it out and poured the rest down the drain. Gave the other 5 to my BIL. Fucking terrible beer 

4 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

That GLB Edmund Fitzgerald is fucking disgusting. One sip, spit it out and poured the rest down the drain. Gave the other 5 to my BIL. Fucking terrible beer 

Yeah, well, you think BL Platinum is an acceptable beer, so we won't need you discussing beer anymore.

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Yeah, well, you think BL Platinum is an acceptable beer,

so we won't need you discussing beer anymore.

I said its ok, meaning it's not bad, not great.    Not my favorite by far. 

:lol: I've had more different kinds of beer than you ever will, son :lmao:

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

29 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I said its ok, meaning it's not bad, not great.    Not my favorite by far. 

:lol: I've had more different kinds of beer than you ever will, son :lmao:

Shocker...

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

And this will end the productive portion of the day.IMG_0237.thumb.JPG.1e30d2a38b309c5e7f38114ad9fc04d7.JPG

:lol:

I'm not quite ready for my "productive" part of the day to end yet.  Close though......Real close.  A few spotlights up a 24 foot later to change..a bit of this and that with the other and BAM!  Cold one in hand!