Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

good to see you getting some miles on.

Thanks Tim. Feels great to be back in the saddle again. :bc:

33 minutes ago, steve6 said:

who cares, trails were amazing today! 

Monte and Barber were out today and said the same thing, and hardly any traffic. I figured the opposite, with both things, might be the case but pictures don't lie, nor do they. 

12 minutes ago, irv said:

Thanks Tim. Feels great to be back in the saddle again. :bc:

Monte and Barber were out today and said the same thing, and hardly any traffic. I figured the opposite, with both things, might be the case but pictures don't lie, nor do they. 

I went from Lagoon City to Fenelon Falls stopped at the dock side for lunch, then I went back to Orillia and back around some of those trails before heading back to lagoon city... trails were mushy late in the day but really a great day. As soon as the sun faded the trails hardened up tight and was really fun ride late in the day. I would say traffic was moderate, b104 is never too busy it seems, its why I go that way, haha

he first pic is b trail east of orillia. Second was somewhere on b104, third is lake couchaching. 

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

I had little doubt trails would have been fine for Sat and run down by the end of the day as they were pristine on Friday.  My son was unavailable anyways and the thought of sledding in >+10 temps was not appealing regardless.  Glad you guys got out and had fun and still hope there could be some riding still after this melt down, if not there is always next year.  

So went to the car show with my son and a few of his friends, first time in I think 30 years.  Saw lots of bikes on the ride down, guess they took advantage of the weather, who can blame them.  Place was overcrowded and the air was quite stuffy, although that could have just been caused from the typical downtown crowd.

Glad to see the Dodge lineup and the SRT's they are putting in many cars and SUV's.

hellcat.thumb.jpg.2bc3840d932bbd3b23bfc276595e0385.jpg

Hellcat

fordgt.thumb.jpg.44a2959f18583138e2691cd2358ab080.jpg

Sweet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, steve6 said:

I went from Lagoon City to Fenelon Falls stopped at the dock side for lunch, then I went back to Orillia and back around some of those trails before heading back to lagoon city... trails were mushy late in the day but really a great day. As soon as the sun faded the trails hardened up tight and was really fun ride late in the day. I would say traffic was moderate, b104 is never too busy it seems, its why I go that way, haha

he first pic is b trail east of orillia. Second was somewhere on b104, third is lake couchaching. 

Good stuff, Steve! :bc:

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

jinxed myself there.

IMG_1954.JPG

D'oh....they sure can make a mess when they go.

Only had it happen once to me, so far...sucks, but it is not as though belts blowing is not something that actually happens on a sled.....:snack:

12 minutes ago, 02sled said:

My 07 Jag Z1 got about 9,500 km on one belt and it was still good when I sold it.

No offence, but based on your riding style & your comments in regards to those that actually like to use the fun flipper, there is no way in hell you would ever blow a belt :bc:

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Only had it happen once to me, so far...sucks, but it is not as though belts blowing is not something that actually happens on a sled.....:snack:

No offence, but based on your riding style & your comments in regards to those that actually like to use the fun flipper, there is no way in hell you would ever blow a belt :bc:

I just save the speed factor for the ice rather than the trails and choose not to hammer the throttle from a dead stop rather than chew up the trail. Really what do you accomplish by going from a stand still and spinning the track ruining the trail rather than a controlled acceleration to whatever speed you choose. So it takes you an extra second to get to whatever speed because you didn't spin the track and chew a hole.

Not everyone including those who love speed chew through belts. A friend of ours blew a belt a couple of weeks ago while we were out riding. His 2011 Cat Turbo lost the original belt when he was running at 130 kph.

It reminds me of the idiot who gets a thrill of squealing tires away from a stoplight. Who do they think they are impressing.

Edited by 02sled

13 minutes ago, Stoney said:

LOL. 

57 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

By the sounds of it, he never goes through a set of tires on his truck either.

So are you suggesting that your ego is so fragile that you have a need to squeal your tires pulling away from a stoplight. How about sharing who you feel you're impressing when you do that?

42 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Relax 02, it's all in good fun.   Speaking of squaking tires whenever I get into the wifes Santa Ghey the lye O meter shows close to 20 l/100km.  Wtf. 

I'm relaxed... they poke I poke too... just keeps things going. I didn't know you could squeal the tires in one of those.

Edited by 02sled

12 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I'm relaxed... they poke I poke too... just keeps things going. I didn't know you could squeal the tires in one of those.

No man, you ain't poking, you sound bent about the sarcastic comments....Just having some fun :bc:

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Relax 02, it's all in good fun.   Speaking of squaking tires whenever I get into the wifes Santa Ghey the lye O meter shows close to 20 l/100km.  Wtf. 

My wife has a heavy Buick. Only drives around town and the fuel used is always around 18l/100km. Does your wife only do city driving?

5 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

My wife has a heavy Buick. Only drives around town and the fuel used is always around 18l/100km. Does your wife only do city driving?

Yup only city.   Thing is I get about 14 when driving hers just in the city. Lol.