Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

37 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

It is a perfect sled for him , the small brake lever , everything made him feel confident . 

That's what it's all about... See too many people start their kids on full size sleds. In the back of my mind ( what's left of it ) I'm think NFW!!!  Shit can happen real fast!!!! And I don't think many parents can run over 20 mph.... To catch a kid who's scared and won't let go of the throttle.

My boy's started with Kitty cat/ Moto ski mini snow/ 440/488 fan indy/ 500L/C indy then Edge 600's

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bladefever said:

That's what it's all about... See too many people start their kids on full size sleds. In the back of my mind ( what's left of it ) I'm think NFW!!!  Shit can happen real fast!!!! And I don't think many parents can run over 20 mph.... To catch a kid who's scared and won't let go of the throttle.

My boy's started with Kitty cat/ Moto ski mini snow/ 440/488 fan indy/ 500L/C indy then Edge 600's

That's how I feel , start them off small , learn to control and be confident . And move up from there . We both have what's left of our minds , and look like the right part survived . 

Its crazy , putting a kid on a adult machine , and that's when the bad news stories come out and were all labelled .

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, StevieWonder said:

It is a perfect sled for him , the small brake lever , everything made him feel confident . 

Yes , it's a Arctic Crusher suit and Thinksno helmet , :) 

He looks good Stevie.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bladefever said:

A friend of mine didn't have the cash to buy a mini sled for his kid so he let him ride his sled around their proprtty. His solution though was to limit the throttle. I believe he put some sort of a clamp on the throttle cable when the kid was on then took it off for himself.

13 minutes ago, 02sled said:

A friend of mine didn't have the cash to buy a mini sled for his kid so he let him ride his sled around their proprtty. His solution though was to limit the throttle. I believe he put some sort of a clamp on the throttle cable when the kid was on then took it off for himself.

That will work.. The ET 340's had a copper sleeve that the throttle cable ran thru. As they grew take the sleeve off and cut it down. The sleeve height would stop the throttle. Each winter the boys made sure the sleeve height was smaller.

I like all colours..... but whatever I ride, it has to work.  As I've said before, had pretty good experiences with Doo. 

And they're Canadian.  :)

Kinda thinking puzzler could use a couple of doses of that stuff, since it does such a great job of cleaning you out.

Might allow his brain to be more open to colors other than yellow.

57 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I like all colours..... but whatever I ride, it has to work.  As I've said before, had pretty good experiences with Doo. 

And they're Canadian.  :)

and you have to be loyal to your pay cheque. Otherwise it would be like driving a GM pickup into a Ford plant parking lot.

Edited by 02sled

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

I don't work for BRP, sorry.  But I do try to buy Canadian whenever possible. 

But hey, if you guys like imports, have at 'er!

If you say so... I was thinking more along the lines of one of the other divisions of Bombardier but still under the Bombardier umbrella. Aren't a bunch of the BRP sleds made in Mexico. So you don't work for Bombardier Aerospace

Edited by 02sled

10 minutes ago, 02sled said:

If you say so... I was thinking more along the lines of one of the other divisions of Bombardier but still under the Bombardier umbrella. Aren't a bunch of the BRP sleds made in Mexico

They are and have been completely separate companies since early 2000 I believe.  BBD does not really compete with Boeing or Airbus, but rather Embraer and there is no country more protectionist than Brazil.  Fuck them.

47 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I don't work for BRP, sorry.  But I do try to buy Canadian whenever possible. 

But hey, if you guys like imports, have at 'er!

Really ? I was sure you were being paid to wave the yellow pom poms, while wearing your matching yellow tutu.

And please do not post any pics of you wearing that outfit.

Canadian eh ? An Austrian built motor in a Mexican assembled  chassis, all put together by Frenchmen, in Queerbec.

Edited by Frostynuts