Check your account email address ×

Little bastards should get life in prison

• Platinum Contributing Member

Dropped a 6 pound rock from the overpass on I-75 killing the driver then headed over to McDonald's for dinner. 

Flint — After allegedly dropping a rock from a highway overpass that broke a man’s skull, clavical, ribs and facial skeleton, a group of youths had dinner at McDonald’s.

Five days later, their meals are being served in jail.

The five teenagers were charged Monday with second-degree murder in the death of Ken White. White, 32, of Mount Morris was struck by the rock Wednesday while riding in a van on Interstate 75 near Flint.

The teens, ages 15-17, were charged as adults, authorities said. They were scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday morning in District Court in Genesee County.

“It’s not a prank. It’s second-degree murder,” said Genesee County Sheriff Robert Pickell during a news conference to announce the charges.

Four other vehicles also were damaged by rocks dropped from the overpass, said authorities. At least 20 rocks were tossed, including one that weighed 20 pounds.

The youths also had tossed a car tire and piston from another overpass, authorities allege.

Besides second-degree murder, each youth was charged with one count of conspiracy, six felony counts of malicious destruction of property and two misdemeanor counts of malicious destruction of property.

The murder charge is punishable by up to life in prison.

thrown rock

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/10/23/teens-charged-fatal-rock-interstate-vienna-township-ken-white/106945352/

I pelted a couple cars with snowballs when I was kid and that was in a subdivision with them going 15-20 mph. We were more into the bumper hitching. What the hell were these kids were thinking chucking 20 pound boulders and car tires off the over pass onto an Interstate highway??? 

This same stunt happened a few years ago on I80 in pa.  3 kids did the same thing, only the woman in the car from ohio survived and had to go through multiple surgerys over the course of the next 2 years to correct her face functions.  Don't recall what happened to the kids but about a year ago i'd guess, the woman's husband committed suicide.  Sad what it cost that family over a kid's bad judgement with a rock.  

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

I pelted a couple cars with snowballs when I was kid and that was in a subdivision with them going 15-20 mph. We were more into the bumper hitching. What the hell were these kids were thinking chucking 20 pound boulders and car tires off the over pass onto an Interstate highway??? 

Same here, snowballs at cars, running when they would stop, used to string the rubber bands that came in golf balls across the road in our neighborhood, harmless pranks tho, everthing today is so extreme, so much more destructive

man what a shame and what a bunch of fucking idiots. I remember throwing a stone, a small one, at a car driving along the road when I was a kid. probably around 5. I remember it so well because my dad beat my ass for doing it. right then and there.

Edited by Snoslinger

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

man what a shame and what a bunch of fucking idiots. I remember throwing a stone, a small one, at a car driving along the road when I was a kid. probably around 5. I remember it so well because my dad beat my ass for doing it. right then and there.

I had a few people tell me I was hard on my kids when they were younger. And I told them to fuck off. A lot of our issues today can be directly traced to bad parenting and zero discipline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Driving to the Keys, summer of 93' I think it was, we had a few kids jump out at a street light in Miami and just unloaded rocks at cars. This was right after hurricane Andrew so there was lots of ruble

3 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Yup, did the same things,  We used to bumper hitch all the time, cars with a trailer hitch ball were great and pickup step bumpers. Today, you would pull off the plastic bumper cover.   Very sad for the man killed and his family loss , plus the soon to be lost futures of the young males involved. 

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

not quite what were you expecting is it?

From left: Kyle Anger, 17, Mikadyn Payne, 16, and Mark Sekelsky, 16, could face life behind bars. (Genesee County Prosecutors Office)

From left: Alexander Miller, 15, and Trevor Gray, 15, could face life behind bars. (Genesee County Prosecutors Office)

I did some stupid stuff at that age. But this was beyond stupid. It will be interesting to see what kind of time they have to do. A man is dead, they aren’t getting off easy on this one.

A few years ago I read a story about a kid that was doing the same thing. Someone saw it and doubled back. That someone got out of his pick up truck with a cross bow and shot the kid in the stomach. They never found the shooter. I bet that kid never dropped rocks rocks of another overpass. :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

not quite what were you expecting is it?

From left: Kyle Anger, 17, Mikadyn Payne, 16, and Mark Sekelsky, 16, could face life behind bars. (Genesee County Prosecutors Office)

From left: Alexander Miller, 15, and Trevor Gray, 15, could face life behind bars. (Genesee County Prosecutors Office)

Yep they're all from Clio not Flint. Bunch of dumb ass white boys going to prison

Edited by Skidooski