Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Stonedy's right.... these newer speedometers are getting more and more accurate....

IMG_2049.JPG

Buy some decent studs before you hit the lakes next time.

• Haha 1

Fully studded, Tim.  Couldn't go full throttle either; lake was too small. 

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Buy some decent studs before you hit the lakes next time.

Edited by Puzzleboy

Yes, FINALLY out this season. 

Is it wrong that I find pizza pockets strangely erotic? 

40 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

I think what Poncho is saying is , glad to see your out , olive branch , stop taking shots . Both . 

Its getting tired , pizza pockets all around . And group hug . 

3 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Stonedy's right.... these newer speedometers are getting more and more accurate....

IMG_2049.JPG

Proof once more just how puzzled you are......they are called dream-o-meters on the Doo....  :)   On a Cat, a speedometer actually means something & serves its true purpose.

I would like to suggest that it must be another gauge in the pic, but only the backward Queerbeckers have a gauge like that...

Hey, whats that little Blue light on the left.....something not quite right on that Doo, better get it looked at....

I am sure it was nice to get out though :bc:, I know I enjoyed the ride, even if the trails were beat & the freezing rain we had, everything else was great.... Which part of the Muskoka did you ride and how were the trails?

They're dream-o-meters on ALL sleds. 

Yes, very accurate on the Cat (Stonedy's favourite), but extremely inaccurate on the Doo.  BRP can engineer the REV, RER, SHOT, DI, etc...... but cannot make an accurate speedometer. 

Cat just went bankrupt for the second time, but they made accurate speedos.  LOL  Hopefully Textron instills some QC there for starters. But they won't put up with Cat's nonsense for long..... if they don't adapt, they'll just shut it down for good. 

:)  Blue light is standard mode, also has sport and ECO modes.  Has a "learner" key also, if you ever want to take it for a spin. 

C101D which hadn't been groomed in a few years.  C up to Parry Sound and beyond was 80% good I'd say.  Although MLSTA was out Sunday night, after everybody had ridden. 

Edited by Puzzleboy
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Proof once more just how puzzled you are......they are called dream-o-meters on the Doo....  :)   On a Cat, a speedometer actually means something & serves its true purpose.

I would like to suggest that it must be another gauge in the pic, but only the backward Queerbeckers have a gauge like that...

Hey, whats that little Blue light on the left.....something not quite right on that Doo, better get it looked at....

I am sure it was nice to get out though :bc:, I know I enjoyed the ride, even if the trails were beat & the freezing rain we had, everything else was great.... Which part of the Muskoka did you ride and how were the trails?

Doo dreamometers are about 7-8 out, my 2010 1200 was studded and stock, (pre-exhaust, clutch mods) and we ran on lightly snow covered ice at -1c and my stock 1200 indicated 113 radared 106.  Brothers stock 2011 Rush 800 109 on radar, on same day, same time.  I’m seeing around 4 mph error on my XCR so far.  FYI we also ran a fan GSX 550 thru the gun at 80 mph then an 07 Dragon IQ 700 at 106 mph

Edited by Poncho

I think Stonedy thought I was actually claiming a 116 mph run..... lol.  And of course, some sleds will spin  more than others full out (track config, weight balance, lots of factors). 

As a very wise man on FS once said- "put 'em on the gun on the same day..... everything else is horse-cookies."

Just now, Poncho said:

Doo dreamometers are about 7-8 out, my 2010 1200 was studded and stock, (pre-exhaust, clutch mods) and we ran on lightly snow covered ice at -1c and my stock 1200 indicated 113 radared 106.  Brothers stock 2011 Rush 800 109 on radar, on same day, same time.  I’m seeing around 4 mph error on my XCR so far.  FYI we run a fan GSX 550 thru the gun at 80 mph then an 07 Dragon IQ 700 at 106 mph

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I think Stonedy thought I was actually claiming a 116 mph run..... lol.  And of course, some sleds will spin  more than others full out (track config, weight balance, lots of factors). 

As a very wise man on FS once said- "put 'em on the gun on the same day..... everything else is horse-cookies."

Back when I had my '85 MX, I was working on mileages for the Paudash trails. Then I got my '90 Mach 1. Checking some known distances, the MX odometer was 10% over reality.

9 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

They're dream-o-meters on ALL sleds. 

Yes, very accurate on the Cat (Stonedy's favourite), but extremely inaccurate on the Doo.  BRP can engineer the REV, RER, SHOT, DI, etc...... but cannot make an accurate speedometer. 

Cat just went bankrupt for the second time, but they made accurate speedos.  LOL  Hopefully Textron instills some QC there for starters. But they won't put up with Cat's nonsense for long..... if they don't adapt, they'll just shut it down for good. 

:)  Blue light is standard mode, also has sport and ECO modes.  Has a "learner" key also, if you ever want to take it for a spin. 

C101D which hadn't been groomed in a few years.  C up to Parry Sound and beyond was 80% good I'd say.  Although MLSTA was out Sunday night, after everybody had ridden. 

Textron paid a quarter of a billion for a company that just went bankrupt.....:snack:

:lol: I don't what I would do with all that machine...pretty fancy, but I forgot what make it was.....remember I ride a Cat, light years behind all else!

Were you not just suggesting how some take things a little too serious around here.

3 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Yep, you got me, totally suggesting that Doo ran a true 116mph....

When it comes to top speed runs, my sled is a dog in that category.....I actually missed the top speed lake runs this weekend, we rode quite a few, albeit most had a fair amount of snow on them.

• Thanks 1

Yep, 250 million.  Know what BRP and Polaris' market capitalizations are?   Only about 20-30 times that.  250 million is a hail Mary fire sale (sorry).  I actually like Cat, and I don't want competitors to die, especially a name like Cat that has designed some real innovations (we still run on slide rails), and I have my Dad's '73 Lynx in my building, bought new, still runs.  The only thing that really failed on it (other than plugs) was the primary.  Got a Duster put on 30 years or so ago. 

:)

I posted the speedo picture as a joke.  Pretty sure my stock-ish 1200 was not running 116. Probably not even 100!

Edited by Puzzleboy

4 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Yep, 250 million.  Know what BRP and Polaris' market capitalizations are?   Only about 20-30 times that.  250 million is a hail Mary fire sale (sorry). 

I posted the speedo picture as a joke.  Pretty sure my stock-ish 1200 was not running 116. Probably not even 100!

Cat has always been the under dog anyways, compared to the others......but still around, for now !

Oh come on, you tried to fish and was hoping someone would actually believe that story....your mighty and strong 1200 Doo. Others have made similar claims.... 

No, I was fishing, and I knew EXACTLY which little Perch would bite.... lol.  The one who claims Cat speedos are gospel.  :)

In the early 70's, they were kinda considered the luxury, high tech brand.  Doo had the numbers, but rested on their laurels for years because of it.  Anyway, a quality parent like Textron is hopefully a good thing. 

Just now, Stoney said:

Cat has always been the under dog anyways, compared to the others......but still around, for now !

Oh come on, you tried to fish and was hoping someone would actually believe that story....your mighty and strong 1200 Doo. Others have made similar claims.... 

13 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

No, I was fishing, and I knew EXACTLY which little Perch would bite.... lol.  The one who claims Cat speedos are gospel.  :)

In the early 70's, they were kinda considered the luxury, high tech brand.  Doo had the numbers, but rested on their laurels for years because of it.  Anyway, a quality parent like Textron is hopefully a good thing. 

Anyone out there follow the Polaris corp' history? How was the brand when Textron owned it between '68 & '81. I guess Polaris did all right thru those years, they did usher in the IFS movement.

40 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Yep, 250 million.  Know what BRP and Polaris' market capitalizations are?   Only about 20-30 times that.  250 million is a hail Mary fire sale (sorry).  I actually like Cat, and I don't want competitors to die, especially a name like Cat that has designed some real innovations (we still run on slide rails), and I have my Dad's '73 Lynx in my building, bought new, still runs.  The only thing that really failed on it (other than plugs) was the primary.  Got a Duster put on 30 years or so ago. 

My speedo reads about 5 mph slower than I’m actually going 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

I think they're all pretty optimistic; of course, in 1985, I'd expect them to be more so.  And we didn't have as many radar guns and GPS units in '85.  :)

Something like this? 

IMG_1893.JPG

Yep!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

lol, too funny. I can only claim what I have witnessed.....:guzzle:.

The one thing that was evident this past Sunday, Cats were all over the place, it was kind of odd to see so many. 

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

lol, too funny. I can only claim what I have witnessed.....:guzzle:.

The one thing that was evident this past Sunday, Cats were all over the place, it was kind of odd to see so many. 

True. One of the few doos out there had the side panel off as well. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stoney said:

This is true. Seemed like at least 60% of the sleds on the trail this weekend were Cats. Odd considering that the dealer network isn't really the greatest for coverage.  There isn't a single Cat dealer in Muskoka. Must be that the Cat faithful actually get out and ride. 

• Like 1