Check your account email address ×

Snow Guru's top 10 for 2018

Anler

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Ah yah.....that was kind of my whole point......and why do you suppose that is ????

well 4 strokes aren't worth a ton either-  when there's a ton of low mile sleds from guys who don;t really ride it's what happens.  I can;t believe how little miles people put on things i bought an 05 600sdi a few years back with 3k miles on it for my son,  i had sold mine 4 years earlier with 9k on it.  I was thinking as i rode my bike to work yesterday that i put 2k miles on in 2 months the previous owners put 12.5k in 14 years.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

well 4 strokes aren't worth a ton either-  when there's a ton of low mile sleds from guys who don;t really ride it's what happens.  I can;t believe how little miles people put on things i bought an 05 600sdi a few years back with 3k miles on it for my son,  i had sold mine 4 years earlier with 9k on it.  I was thinking as i rode my bike to work yesterday that i put 2k miles on in 2 months the previous owners put 12.5k in 14 years.  

Fuck, you are super smart. Thanks for the input...

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

That will be a first for that seat as there is no way on Gods Green Earth that it ever saw one when Anler owned it .  :bc:

I'm sure at some point,  he rode double with .07Bhent when they rode together. Either a crash or a break down of some sort. So yes, it's been used by a woman already:lol:

:snack:

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

I am very impressed with the midrange pull of the new 850. I only have about a 1/2 hour of seat time on one. Out of the hole and top end were no big deal.  Mid range was impressive and for a Trail sled,that is where the fun is.:bc:

7 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I am very impressed with the midrange pull of the new 850. I only have about a 1/2 hour of seat time on one. Out of the hole and top end were no big deal.  Mid range was impressive and for a Trail sled,that is where the fun is.:bc:

I'm looking forward to trying one 

22 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I don't see anything wrong with those bags? :dunno:  They're just the right size IMO.  And the GPS works great  Used it on some offtrail and 2 tracking up between Seney and Grand Marais and it worked awesome.  

The bags are fine but when you do 1 week saddle bag trips like we do it's kind of a pain in the ass having to carry 4 little bags in every night. Vince put a rack on his a couple years ago and uses a layover roller bag. It's super sweet and a much simpler system. That's what I'm going to do. 

And the gps is fine but I found it way more complicated than it needs to be and the Polaris app is better in every way. Plus you can track the members in your group if you get separated. 

I already purchased the 2" butthurt seat. Going to do the post forward mod and a couple other tweeks. Etec domination this winter. 

20 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Life gets in the way sometimes.

20 hours ago, Woodtick said:
1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

i can't sit on stuff i am not using,  minute that happens they need to go

lol I wish that was me in a way but then I would not have a shed full of old Hondas. I have been thinking real hard about starting to dump shit to some one who will use . it is hard on shit to just sit for yrs . just seams like a lot of work to get them all going again . this early spring I will get a few out and cleaned up and out the door