Check your account email address ×

Take a knee is total BullShit

jtssrx

I have a cousin who is a police officer, a proud Marine, and an unashamed liberal about to graduate law school. Here's his take:

"While I have been good at exercising restraint on FB given the "interesting times" we have been living in.

I feel like it is appropriate to timidly weigh in on the whole National Anthem issue, since it intersects so many facets of my life.

I believe, absolutely, that we live in a country where displays of patriotism/civic pride/"respect" are NEVER compulsory.

I refuse to live in a country where fellow Americans are derided and shamed for how they exercise their political freedoms. Certain corners of the internet, including Facebook, have taken on all the characteristics of a mob of citizens, screaming, yelling, frothing at the mouth, and gnashing their teeth; all while completely oblivious as to what they are actually mad about.

I don't, in any way, view what members of the NFL are doing as being disrespectful. I am so so curious as to who started this absolutely insane idea that quietly taking a knee during the National Anthem as a form of peaceful protest is anything but an exercise of LITERALLY everything we stand for as a country.

These men have a platform, which, initially they were using to address an issue important to them/all of us. But now that President Shit-for-brains opened his mouth, their protest has now taken on a much more significant meaning. NEVER EVER EVER should the Government incite or encourage the kind of behavior that 45 has incited against both the NFL and the players protesting.

On a final note, please please please, stop bootstrapping the service of friends/family to justify your hateful shit on facebook. I'm sure grandpa who fought the Nazi's would be really uncomfortable supporting your taking part in a mob whose sole objective it is to screech about how "unloyal" your fellow Americans are being or how their lack of patriotism somehow means they deserve it."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, motonoggin said:

So what can white people do to help? 

We could start by giving them their own holiday?

maybe let them have some all black colleges?

Maybe initiate federal hiring guidelines that force corporations to hire black people at a disproportionate rate?

Maybe we could have government programs to help feed them and provide low income housing until they can get their financial situations improved with their amazing work ethic?

Maybe the police and courts can look the other way when black people commit crimes?

I'm sure some black only tv would help their cause?

Maybe provide all inner city black youth with free aerosol paint to complete their amazing artwork?

26 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I have a cousin who is a police officer, a proud Marine, and an unashamed liberal about to graduate law school. Here's his take:

"While I have been good at exercising restraint on FB given the "interesting times" we have been living in.

I feel like it is appropriate to timidly weigh in on the whole National Anthem issue, since it intersects so many facets of my life.

I believe, absolutely, that we live in a country where displays of patriotism/civic pride/"respect" are NEVER compulsory.

I refuse to live in a country where fellow Americans are derided and shamed for how they exercise their political freedoms. Certain corners of the internet, including Facebook, have taken on all the characteristics of a mob of citizens, screaming, yelling, frothing at the mouth, and gnashing their teeth; all while completely oblivious as to what they are actually mad about.

I don't, in any way, view what members of the NFL are doing as being disrespectful. I am so so curious as to who started this absolutely insane idea that quietly taking a knee during the National Anthem as a form of peaceful protest is anything but an exercise of LITERALLY everything we stand for as a country.

These men have a platform, which, initially they were using to address an issue important to them/all of us. But now that President Shit-for-brains opened his mouth, their protest has now taken on a much more significant meaning. NEVER EVER EVER should the Government incite or encourage the kind of behavior that 45 has incited against both the NFL and the players protesting.

On a final note, please please please, stop bootstrapping the service of friends/family to justify your hateful shit on facebook. I'm sure grandpa who fought the Nazi's would be really uncomfortable supporting your taking part in a mob whose sole objective it is to screech about how "unloyal" your fellow Americans are being or how their lack of patriotism somehow means they deserve it."

Oh poor blimphead....ouch

39 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I take it that this guy is moving :dunno:

Terry Bradshaw 

"It’s hard to believe that I’m going to say something about the most powerful man in the greatest country in the world, but probably like a lot of you, I was somewhat surprised that the President—the President of the United States came out attacking NFL players for them exercising the Freedom of Speech. While I don’t condone the protesting during our National Anthem, THIS IS AMERICA! If our country stands for anything, folks, what—it’s freedom. People died for that freedom. I’m not sure if our president understands those rights—that every American has the right to speak out, and also to protest. Believe me—these athletes DO love this great country of ours. Personally, I think our president should concentrate on serious issues like North Korea and healthcare rather than ripping into athletes and the NFL.”

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Anler said:

Terry Bradshaw 

"It’s hard to believe that I’m going to say something about the most powerful man in the greatest country in the world, but probably like a lot of you, I was somewhat surprised that the President—the President of the United States came out attacking NFL players for them exercising the Freedom of Speech. While I don’t condone the protesting during our National Anthem, THIS IS AMERICA! If our country stands for anything, folks, what—it’s freedom. People died for that freedom. I’m not sure if our president understands those rights—that every American has the right to speak out, and also to protest. Believe me—these athletes DO love this great country of ours. Personally, I think our president should concentrate on serious issues like North Korea and healthcare rather than ripping into athletes and the NFL.”

Bradshaw for a Steeler is spot on.....

A guy I know posted this. i thought it was pretty articulate. He is a pretty smart dude even tho I think he is a dick. 

Kneeling disrespects our country, military and the police how? This has zilch to do with the military -- sorry, the flag represents all of us, not just those who served. Most police deserve our respect; the shitty ones who target minorities disproportionately for pullovers, stops and frisks, and can't identify an actual threat and riddle people of color with bullets are a huge problem and degrade public trust in those who are supposed to protect us. Patriots love their country while acknowledging its faults and working to make it a better place; fascists, communists and dictators demand people worship the flag and obey without thinking.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol: you should really try to get your story straight...

Now try to pay attention:

Terry Bradshaw 

The first part that's what I'm referring too. They can protest all they went not at that time nor on employer time.  IMO  Unless your employer condones it (See Jerry Jones). If a bunch of my employees want to protest something they can but it won't be on my time. That's how I see any of these players.

5 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Lol. Ok then. 

Keep living under your rock in northern michigan and playing arm chair QB pretending you inow whats going on in these cities. My brother lives it every day. His first day on the job was a Double homicide. Two weeks ago he was caught in a cross fire between two sets of drug dealers. Many not all in detroit want to point the finger. They need to look in the mirror

• Thanks 1

This is what's funny about people  being pissed about what Trump said. He's exactly right the kneeling is causing the NFL money. People don't like it so they're turning off the games. If you or I were costing our employer money because of things we did outside of the workplace we'd be fired that's a fact. They are free to exercise  freedom of speech but that doesn't mean their employer has to put up with losing money because of it

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

This is what's funny about people  being pissed about what Trump said. He's exactly right the kneeling is causing the NFL money. People don't like it so they're turning off the games. If you or I were costing our employer money because of things we did outside of the workplace we'd be fired that's a fact. They are free to exercise  freedom of speech but that doesn't mean their employer has to put up with losing money because of it

The NFL is nothing more than a bunch of hypocrite Liberals 

13 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Maybe a handful of guys were kneeling before this weekend... That's not what has ratings down you moron.