Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

On December 28, 2017 at 11:30 AM, ckf said:

It didn't get as cold as forecast last night, we bottomed out at -15.8°F. Currently we are at -11° air temp and the windchill is around -27°. Who wants to head to the beach?

Polar bear swim :dunno: 

21 minutes ago, ckf said:

Currently -28F here in northern VT. We may hit -30 by the time the sun comes up this morning.

Dang!

We had -22 in the morning while up North riding last week Wed- Sun......  Not a fan of that at all so we waited until it hit -12 or so.....

0 here and -8 at the cabin this morning..... High of 16 today..... heat wave.   :bc: 

Morning and FU @f7ben

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jammin said:

Dang!

We had -22 in the morning while up North riding last week Wed- Sun......  Not a fan of that at all so we waited until it hit -12 or so.....

0 here and -8 at the cabin this morning..... High of 16 today..... heat wave.   :bc: 

Morning and FU @f7ben

The small grass airfield about 2 miles from me had the coldest temp in the state this morning at -36.

We've already rebounded to 2 above :yahoo:

50 minutes ago, ckf said:

The small grass airfield about 2 miles from me had the coldest temp in the state this morning at -36.

We've already rebounded to 2 above :yahoo:

Sweet jezbus!  I saw on FB an update from Cole's weather....  Did you take that over? 

Hope you had a great Holiday season, John  :bc: 

8 minutes ago, jammin said:

Sweet jezbus!  I saw on FB an update from Cole's weather....  Did you take that over? 

Hope you had a great Holiday season, John  :bc: 

No, that's Rob's neighbor Jeff.  He will be moving the webcam to his place on the pond this Spring.

Had a great Holiday season! You?

1 hour ago, ckf said:

No, that's Rob's neighbor Jeff.  He will be moving the webcam to his place on the pond this Spring.

Had a great Holiday season! You?

Mighty nice of Jeff- hope it keeps the traction / views.   :bc: 

Holiday was simple-  Xmass eve at my moms, xmass day here with drew and his wife, my daughter and granddaughter.  Worked Tuesday for a bit then went North with Drew for 4 days and stayed at a great friends place.  Eve was nothing special and in bed by 830 or so :lol:   Was a long 4 nights prior and made sure my bride knew I was in no mood / condition to go out.  :bc: 

8 hours ago, ckf said:

I just saw on FB that our token Mexican, @Woodtick is playing with ice dildos today :lol:

I think I'm going out to a small city water tower that is frozen solid. There are 10 guys out there and they are running out of ideas.  They :lol::lol:have only been there all day.

IMG_3717.JPG

IMG_3718.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I think I'm going out to a small city water tower that is frozen solid. There are 10 guys out there and they are running out of ideas.  They :lol::lol:have only been there all day.

IMG_3717.JPG

IMG_3718.JPG

Lot's of sitting down on the job today??

:lol:

• Haha 2

Currently -8F with windchill values running -20F to -25F. The 6-8 inches of snow that we picked up yesterday / last night is blowing around. I should go out and clear the drive, but I think I'll skip it for now.

Got the snow off the roof this morning before the rain moves in tomorrow / Friday.  Off to Burke Mt in a bit to put the drone in the air and get some pica and video. I would love to capture an image similar to the one below of rob's but isn't possible with a drone. rob used a telephoto lens from his plane to compress the background to make the White Mountains in NH appear closer.

burke rob.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ckf said:

Got the snow off the roof this morning before the rain moves in tomorrow / Friday.  Off to Burke Mt in a bit to put the drone in the air and get some pica and video. I would love to capture an image similar to the one below of rob's but isn't possible with a drone. rob used a telephoto lens from his plane to compress the background to make the White Mountains in NH appear closer.

burke rob.jpg

:goodpost: