Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Morning-

56 / 48 and clear.  Although enjoyable its very different spending 5 days alone at the cabin when I don't drink.  Ive run out of stuff to do.  Used to be a real vacation cuz no one could tell me to slow down or count the empty's.   Well, that ends today when YS, his wife and mine show up  :)    Dont care that they get shorter by 30 seconds tomorrow... Let the longest day of the year begin!  :bc: 

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, jammin said:

Morning-

56 / 48 and clear.  Although enjoyable its very different spending 5 days alone at the cabin when I don't drink.  Ive run out of stuff to do.  Used to be a real vacation cuz no one could tell me to slow down or count the empty's.   Well, that ends today when YS, his wife and mine show up  :)    Dont care that they get shorter by 30 seconds tomorrow... Let the longest day of the year begin!  :bc: 

I was going to ask you about that but it sounds like you have a good handle on it...after I quit I found it pretty amazing just how many activities and events involved the sauce....like all of 'em:lmao:

Glad you are having a nice time up north. :ylsuper:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

moar fucking rain here.

Most of the rain is supposed to stay to our south today.  Any washouts down your way from yesterday's rain?

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

Most of the rain is supposed to stay to our south today.  Any washouts down your way from yesterday's rain?

No, it wasn't real heavy. just constant all day. Job we are on is new const. its a fucking mudhole. 

30 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

No, it wasn't real heavy. just constant all day. Job we are on is new const. its a fucking mudhole. 

This is from over in Hardwick that someone posted

64587101_2283324268369469_90740441199862

64736562_2283324285036134_79304972061366

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Wow , didn't see that kind of rain here. John do you fish?

Not since I was a young lad. I may take my neighbor up on his offer sometime and go out with him this summer.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Not since I was a young lad. I may take my neighbor up on his offer sometime and go out with him this summer.

Good way to relax. You don't have to catch fish to have a good day of fishing.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Any idea what the lake / pond in IP is like?

My neighbors fish IP quiet often for Walleye. I didn't even know that we had them here in the East. They also fish Echo and Memphremagog for lakes. I can ask them about the brooks that they fish next time they are up if you are interested?

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Good way to relax. You don't have to catch fish to have a good day of fishing.

Exactly :bc:

34 minutes ago, ckf said:

My neighbors fish IP quiet often for Walleye. I didn't even know that we had them here in the East. They also fish Echo and Memphremagog for lakes. I can ask them about the brooks that they fish next time they are up if you are interested?

Exactly :bc:

Sure , we always get up to the burg at least once in august. Fish the river below the spa a bit too. There is a boat ramp ( cartop) on the vt side across from the spa . There to the rest area ramp is a nice 6-7 hr float with a run thru the s turn that holds a lot of rainbows. But want to try IP.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, old indy said:

Yay summer!!  

Heat index is going up to 107* today 🥴

I couldn't deal with temps like that. If I lived in TX I would be inside with the AC going all summer.

49 minutes ago, ckf said:

I couldn't deal with temps like that. If I lived in TX I would be inside with the AC going all summer.

x2,  no desire to be south in the summer but no longer have the desire to be north in the winter either.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ckf said:

I just got a blanket to cover my feet as I sit here!  🤣.    It’s 84 out and 69 inside!   Step mom is a freakin tahd with the AC.  One extreme to another 🤦‍♂️

6 minutes ago, old indy said:

He’s doing ok thanks. This really took the wind out of his sails though.   He will be 80 on 7/1.    

I've been watching how quickly my parents have been changing as they get older.   My parents are doing a 12 day cruise of the baltic sea in September and to hear them talking about how it might be the last chance is kind of weird but at 73 my fathers health isn't the greatest so it might be

Edited by Angry ginger

Yeah it’s a tough reality to accept isn’t it.    

No sooner did I get here I got a call my brother is in ICU in Marlboro with a tube down his throat because he was going to die from blood gasses building and shutting down his brain 🤦‍♂️  Copd.  

4 hours ago, old indy said:

Yeah it’s a tough reality to accept isn’t it.    

No sooner did I get here I got a call my brother is in ICU in Marlboro with a tube down his throat because he was going to die from blood gasses building and shutting down his brain 🤦‍♂️  Copd.  

Sorry to hear that :sad:

26 minutes ago, ckf said:

Sorry to hear that :sad:

thanks   It’s the second time in 30 days he’s been admitted.  Trying to get him to stop smoking( for years) has been impossible.  Mental illness is not easy for anyone to understand  :sad: