Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

39 minutes ago, jammin said:

Morning-  Sending some rain East over the next few days.  47 and damp...... is what it is. 

And, FU @f7ben

I really wish you would keep the rain for a few more days. The timing sucks for us with the fall colors just starting to pop over the past few days. We are about a week to 10 days behind normal. Oh well, cloudy and 46 here.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I really wish you would keep the rain for a few more days. The timing sucks for us with the fall colors just starting to pop over the past few days. We are about a week to 10 days behind normal. Oh well, cloudy and 46 here.

We were very green last weekend....  Same thing here, about 7-10 days behind normal but they did say it wont be a good color year based on the amount of rain we have had.  A good friend that live about 30 miles from the cabin sent me these.....  said it changed a bit the last 2 days.    Heading up next weekend and plan to rake and blow a lot of leaves.  :bc: 

Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, plant, sky, outdoor and nature

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

They said we were ahead of normal because of the cooler temps in August. And then we had the real warm weather in September and now it’s back to the usual timing. Same with the water temps in the Great Lakes. 

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

They said we were ahead of normal because of the cooler temps in August. And then we had the real warm weather in September and now it’s back to the usual timing. Same with the water temps in the Great Lakes. 

Heard mid 50's for Lk MI?  Our lake is still around 63 or so but thats changing fast. 

1 hour ago, jammin said:

We were very green last weekend....  Same thing here, about 7-10 days behind normal but they did say it wont be a good color year based on the amount of rain we have had.  A good friend that live about 30 miles from the cabin sent me these.....  said it changed a bit the last 2 days.    Heading up next weekend and plan to rake and blow a lot of leaves.  :bc: 

They were saying we wouldn't see good color this year, then boom, the color came on strong over the past few days :bc:

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Same thing for us. We good color early this year in the upper elevations and cooler spots. Then we got the warmup that slowed things down. The places that showed early color are spent now with most of the leaves already on the ground.

The sun just popped out here. Just waiting to hear from rob about today's plan. We should be heading out to get more fall drone footage a pics. One of my videos was on New England Cable News (NECN) this morning. Last night a few of Rob's pics were featured on ABC 22 out of Burlington, VT.

r1.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

The sun just popped out here. Just waiting to hear from rob about today's plan. We should be heading out to get more fall drone footage a pics. One of my videos was on New England Cable News (NECN) this morning. Last night a few of Rob's pics were featured on ABC 22 out of Burlington, VT.

r1.JPG

:thumb:

6 minutes ago, jammin said:

66 and raining-  FU, Ben.  Morning.    :bc: 

51 and partly sunny here. Rob and I chased foliage again yesterday. Not much color where we wanted to film so we ended up going to Groton State park instead.

• Like 1

It's been raining very lightly here (Ont) and mild. Going up to 22 Celsius (around 70F) and that's above the norm for this time of year. It'd be nice if it stops drizzling to get the fire pit lit and sit around with friends tipping a few while the bird is cooking in the oven