Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Woke up to 2” of snow. The final yard clean up will not be done today.

We've got an icy halfass snow coating on top of a carpet of leaves....going to be sloppy leafy mess in the spring.😂

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We've got an icy halfass snow coating on top of a carpet of leaves....going to be sloppy leafy mess in the spring.😂

We got 4-5 inches of wet snow on Thursday night. Its dropped down to a crusty 2.5 inches. Never got to my leaves at all this year as it was always wet. Still hoping we see some melting temps so I can get them cleaned up along with some other door stuff but the forecast is for day time temps below freezing until Friday.

I don't remember have a November this cold/wet/snowy in quite some time. I've been out salting/plowing 3 times this week. Regular November, I might get out once or twice in the entire month.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It’s supposed to be in the 40’s this week. I’m just going to mulch them up with the mower. The quad cut Honda mowers make short work of fall clean up. I also have 250lbs of lime to put down.

On 11/17/2018 at 9:01 AM, ckf said:

LOL  That reminds me of the 1st ride with my FIL on his new to him Indy Trail. It was early December and northern VT got dumped on with a foot and a half of new snow. I loaded up my AC Prowler and headed north. We decided to ride to the town that I live in now from his place in Newark. Things were going well until we got just outside of town. Joel was leading when all of a sudden his sled dropped down in to about 2 feet of mud. We struggled trying to get it out, but couldn't. We were soaked from the knees down and it was snowing hard at the time. We decided to head back to his house with him riding bitch on the back of my sled. Since it was snowing we took the road back instead of the trail. We get back to his house, change in to dry clothes and my buddy shows up with his sled in the back of his new Toyota truck that still had the temporary plates on it. He was feeling cocky and offered to go up with his truck to go pull out Joel's sled. I think you know what happens, yup, the new Toyota truck got stuck in the mud, LOL. Joel ended up calling a buddy with a tow truck and 3 hours later everything is out of the mud, LOL.

Excellent story and excellent post!!!  Don’t let the haters keep you down!!!

To haters:  :watching:

And what the fuck did I ever do to @jammin??  :watching:

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Not sure l would want the turbo? These things are way over priced. The bubble is about to burst on them. The dealers around me have crazy inventory. The dealer down the road from me has over 75 Wranglers in stock? The dealer I got this one from has over 40. This is a 17 demo with 5k on the clicker. We want it but don’t need it. We are going to wait a year and see what all of the lease turn ins sell for? I’m going to bounce it off of trees , so a new one doesn’t make sense. I’m thinking a bone stock, never been wheeled Rubbie with 50K on the clicker. I’ll mod it myself, so it’s done capable and reliable? The reason I have this demo,is because my 08 is in for some life time factory power train warranty work.                        :dance:

Yea, I can't believe what people think JK's are worth.  The bubble is sure to pop no doubt.  

I'm pretty happy with my LJ.  It's the perfect Toad for the motorhome.  Light, very maneuverable, reliable, easy to work on if necessary.  My wife likes it too so that's a plus.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Excellent story and excellent post!!!  Don’t let the haters keep you down!!!

To haters:  :watching:

And what the fuck did I ever do to @jammin??  :watching:

I got so winded typing it that I didn't add chapter two.

So, the next morning we get up early and finish drying everything out from the night before. Island Pond was bad luck the day/night before so we decide to stay in Newark and ride the trails close to home just in case. We were about 5 miles from Joel's cursing down what was an un-plowed town road. All of a sudden Joel comes to an unexpected stop. He popped a piston. You might say Joel's first few days on his new to him sled didn't go well :lol:

Went out and froze in the stand this am and seen nothing but a yote I had do shot at with the bow. Got the winters on the truck and now about to watch the race with some buds in the shop. Having some walleye and fries, moose meatballs and deer sausage. :bc:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, jammin said:

Morning-  24 / 20, clear and 2 cups down the hatch.  Relaxing day yesterday for a change.  Almost time to make a few calls......   And FU @jammin.... Good day   :bc: 

:lol:

Morning gents. 23 and cloudy here without any new snow :yahoo:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I think we have everything that we need for Turkey Day 2018. I'm looking forward to football and pigging out :bc:

Best holiday of the yr. I would trade that pain in the ass christmass for a 2nd thanksgiving in a heartbeat.

• Like 1