Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

:gm1: sunny and 36 on this fine Saturday morning.  Once it warms up the plan is to put the new grill together and get the break in burn done.  If all goes well I'll smoke a,couple of thick cut boneless country style ribs. 

• Like 2

Good afternoon gents. We are enjoying our nicest day of the season. Sunshine and 68° here in northern VT. It's nice to have all the windows open and the warm breeze blowing through.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hard to believe Sammy is in his 70’s.....

I saw him back in 86 during the Van Halen 5150 tour. Damn I'm old,   lol.

Also saw David Lee Roth the same year  :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, ckf said:

I saw him back in 86 during the Van Halen 5150 tour. Damn I'm old,   lol.

Also saw David Lee Roth the same year  :bc:

Haha...so did I...Lakeland Florida and it was great show. :thumbsup:

Damn the video won't play without logging into IG.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Haha...so did I...Lakeland Florida and it was great show. :thumbsup:

I saw both in Portland, ME at the Civic Center.  

• Like 1

Made it back home about midnight this morning. Great flights all in all. Glad to be home. 

House survived winter with almost no issues. Toilet valve dried out on master bath toilet. Shut the water back off and went to bed. Fixed it this morning with a complete new kit by Korky out of Wisconsin. Went through 6 months of mail. It was a pretty big pile. 

Beautiful day here. 60+ and sunshine. Every door in the house is open. Lake is open in front of my house. Not completely but it will only be a few more days. 

Havasu was fun but its nice to be back home. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Ok got ya. Looks like it has wifi. What does that model go for?

No wifi on this one, but they just added the option.  I'm a cheap bastard and got this one on sale for $470. I think the wifi with the sliding grate for grilling is around $700.  Take a serious look at the Camp Chef line if considering a pellet grill. 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

No wifi on this one, but they just added the option.  I'm a cheap bastard and got this one on sale for $470. I think the wifi with the sliding grate for grilling is around $700.  Take a serious look at the Camp Chef line if considering a pellet grill. 

Im definitely getting a pellet grill for AK this spring some time. I will look at the Camp Chef line for sure. Almost all my camping kitchen stuff is Camp Chef and its very good stuff. 

13 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Im definitely getting a pellet grill for AK this spring some time. I will look at the Camp Chef line for sure. Almost all my camping kitchen stuff is Camp Chef and its very good stuff. 

Neal and Jeff suggested them when I was looking for one. The ash system and sliding grate (heat deflector slides out of the way for open flame cooking) sold me. 

Another beautiful day in the AK. Gonna see mid 60’s again. The lake is almost completely open now. 

Serviced the winch on my Jeep. Also serviced the differentials and wheel bearings. Headed out to find some mud this weekend. Should be a good time. 

39D0ABC7-20CE-4FF5-A298-57E7B9AAE257.thumb.jpeg.2291f3448dc521cd87562a69bcf6a311.jpeg

F718DDA3-6568-49D0-BA4E-9D4FCC5233CE.jpeg

3F2D897A-C047-4D50-85DB-E95BE25FF1FB.jpeg

• Like 4