Check your account email address ×

Trump’s diehard supporters are fuming after an apparent about-face on ‘dreamers’

7 hours ago, jtssrx said:

The Idea that dreamers are all these poor kids that were born here and it's not their fault is a joke.

I just cant get over this comment ......it is so far past dumb its almost unbelievable that someone typed it 

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

I just cant get over this comment ......it is so far past dumb its almost unbelievable that someone typed it 

Who are the ‘Dreamers’?

Those protected under Daca are known as “Dreamers” – by the time Trump announced his decision to rescind the program, 787,580 had been granted approval. To apply, they must have been younger than 31 on 15 June 2012, when the program began, and “undocumented”, lacking legal immigration status. They must have arrived in the US before turning 16 and lived there continuously since June 2007. Most Dreamers are from Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras and the largest numbers live in California, Texas, Florida and New York. They range in age from 15 to 36, according to the White House.

my point was people act like there are a bunch of 9 year old kids running around that Trump is going to round up and send back. My other issue is they want to grant amnesty to these 800000 dreamers family members as well. So the numbers quadruple from 800k

• Platinum Contributing Member

I like Rand Paul's plan.   Immediate green card and a path to citizenship but a reduction in other legal immigration that equals the dreamers.   Have to put a stop gap in saying no more going forward.  

Edited by Highmark

33 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Will someone just put Slope out of his misery already? 

We need to be more compassionate toward coach. He's had a  tough go of it since the election. Maybe we should try look at the things from his perspective.??????

:fluffy:  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I like Rand Paul's plan.   Immediate green card and a path to citizenship but a reduction in other legal immigration that equals the dreamers.   Have to put a stop gap in saying no more going forward.  

Makes to much sense......never happen

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Why reduce our legal immigration?  We should not limit the number that want to come here.  I don't think anyone has a problem with an immediate green card and path to citizenship (pending no serious law infractions, ect.).  Putting a cap on the legal number will only continue the cycle of illegals entering.

Neal

5 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Why reduce our legal immigration?  We should not limit the number that want to come here.  I don't think anyone has a problem with an immediate green card and path to citizenship (pending no serious law infractions, ect.).  Putting a cap on the legal number will only continue the cycle of illegals entering.

Neal

Seriously?   One word.   WAGES.   All immigration puts downward pressure on wages for Americans.  Its as simple as that.   

Let me ask you why not?  Who defines what is the "correct" number of people we should bring in?  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Seriously?   One word.   WAGES.   All immigration puts downward pressure on wages for Americans.  Its as simple as that.   

Yes seriously.  Actually it would work the other way, being legal drives wages up, compared to using illegals.   You haven't thought this one all the way though.

Neal

4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Yes seriously.  Actually it would work the other way, being legal drives wages up, compared to using illegals.   You haven't thought this one all the way though.

Neal

:lol:   Supply and demand disagree's with you.

4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

If that's true then why do we still have illegals working in the US?  After all we have a cap on the number of legals...

You can't be this silly...

Neal

Yes or no the more immigration we have the more downward pressure it puts on wages?   

You couldn't possibly be so obtuse to not understand that every qualified immigrant, legal or illegal that comes into our country has the possibility of taking a job away from an American citizen.  

If one pool naturally expands or contracts as the other does the opposite it still has an impact on the supply of labor.   Thats why both should be controlled.   You are trying to cherry pick this down to something its not.  Very typical of you to be honest. :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes or no the more immigration we have the more downward pressure it puts on wages?   

You couldn't possibly be so obtuse to not understand that every qualified immigrant, legal or illegal that comes into our country has the possibility of taking a job away from an American citizen.  

If one pool naturally expands or contracts as the other does the opposite it still has an impact on the supply of labor.   Thats why both should be controlled.   You are trying to cherry pick this down to something its not.  Very typical of you to be honest. :lol:  

Qualifications and available labor pool vs available jobs/demand.  I use memes because I know my audience....take a look Skidmark: 

IMG_3462.JPG

Edited by SnowRider

6 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Qualifications and available labor pool vs available jobs/demand.  I use memes because I know my audience....take a look Skidmark: 

IMG_3462.JPG

Is this theory straight from your light bulb sales training? :lol:  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

The only way to grow the GDP is through immigration, and pulling 800,000 people out of our economy is lunacy, it's good to see Trump understands this.

Edited by Mileage Psycho