Check your account email address ×

Trump’s diehard supporters are fuming after an apparent about-face on ‘dreamers’

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The only way to grow the GDP is through immigration, and pulling 800,000 people out of our economy is lunacy, it's good to see Trump understands this.

:lol:   How many American's capable of working are not?   There are plenty of ways to grow GDP outside of immigration.  

Govt spending growth is not the type of GDP increases we need.   

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   How many American's capable of working are not?   There are plenty of ways to grow GDP outside of immigration.  

but they aren't going to work because they are lazy or think these jobs are beneath them.  

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

but they aren't going to work because they are lazy or think these jobs are beneath them.  

That's why we need welfare reform.  :bc:

What I find funny is the same people who complain about companies like Disney having people who are losing their job having to train their replacements support more and more of both types of immigration.   Its bizzaro world I tell ya.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/us/last-task-after-layoff-at-disney-train-foreign-replacements.html?mcubz=3

Edited by Highmark

20 minutes ago, Highmark said:

9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Qualified? 

IMG_3462.JPG

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

That's why we need welfare reform.  :bc:

What I find funny is the same people who complain about companies like Disney having people who are losing their job having to train their replacements support more and more of both types of immigration.   Its bizzaro world I tell ya.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/us/last-task-after-layoff-at-disney-train-foreign-replacements.html?mcubz=3

:lmao::lol::lmao: A mouthbreathing pussies answer to every issue :lol: you're in Iowa - surrounded by welfare recipients who drive $150,,000 tractors :lol: 

Edited by SnowRider

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lmao::lol::lmao: A mouthbreathing pussies answer to every issue :lol: you're in Iowa - surrounded by welfare recipients who drive $150,,000 tractors :lol: 

You got nerves of steel behind a keyboard. :lol:

Actually they are much more than $150K and I've been against most farm subsidies for a long time.  

53 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes or no the more immigration we have the more downward pressure it puts on wages?   

You couldn't possibly be so obtuse to not understand that every qualified immigrant, legal or illegal that comes into our country has the possibility of taking a job away from an American citizen.  

If one pool naturally expands or contracts as the other does the opposite it still has an impact on the supply of labor.   Thats why both should be controlled.   You are trying to cherry pick this down to something its not.  Very typical of you to be honest. :lol:  

Downward for sure.

Now my question, do legal or illegal aliens put more downward pressure on wages?

Sure, just as they do now, the problem is that you think putting a cap on legal green cards will stop illegal aliens from taking jobs.  It's idiotic.  

Illegal immigrant population has leveled off, we have been 11-12 million for a decade now, the illegal unemployment rate is at or just below the national rate, and yet only accounts for 5% of the labor force.

You are the one cherry picking, and living in a fantasy land, thinking that putting a cap on the number will stop illegal immigrants from being employed and driving down wages.  Fact is we are better off to grant temp green cards and a path to citizenship for any and all who want it.  It will keep wages up.  You are living in a dream world man.

Neal

7 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Downward for sure.

Now my question, do legal or illegal aliens put more downward pressure on wages?

Sure, just as they do now, the problem is that you think putting a cap on legal green cards will stop illegal aliens from taking jobs.  It's idiotic.  

Illegal immigrant population has leveled off, we have been 11-12 million for a decade now, the illegal unemployment rate is at or just below the national rate, and yet only accounts for 5% of the labor force.

You are the one cherry picking, and living in a fantasy land, thinking that putting a cap on the number will stop illegal immigrants from being employed and driving down wages.  Fact is we are better off to grant temp green cards and a path to citizenship for any and all who want it.  It will keep wages up.  You are living in a dream world man.

Neal

:lol:   No I don't.   Point out where I said that?   (first bold)  My point in agreeing with Rand Paul's plan is a lower cap on all immigration.   By offsetting who is already here and gains green cards (dreamers) that would automatically do it. 

You got a link to the 2nd bold?  Not that I disagree I've just never seen statistics on it.  

All immigration puts a downward pressure on wages which I already stated.  Most likely legal immigrants have different skill levels so the sectors they impact might be different but overall job market its supply and demand.  

I use to get illegals applying all the time and I can tell you their requested wage was 30-50% under other applicants.  

Edited by Highmark

You said that with your WAGES statement.

Lowering a cap will only decrease wages further via more illegal aliens working.  You seem not to understand the points of your own argument for lowering the cap.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/pew-8-million-illegal-aliens-us-workforce-2014

Sure, immigrants work cheaper, no question, illegals work cheaper than legals.  By decreasing the cap you will be increasing the number of illegals, thus depressing wages further than if we had unlimited green cards granted.

Give it a minute, it might sink in....

Neal