Check your account email address ×

F7Ben....Trump to reverse ban on local police using military equipment

2 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

How is this new? We have been selling surplus military equipment to police for years now.

"The Obama administration initially banned the practice after police in Ferguson, Mo. were heavily criticized for using the equipment against protestors in the wake of the shooting of Michael Brown three years ago."

Just now, Anler said:

Well it just hasnt been tried American style! or has it? 

"Let me see your papers" will probably sound better coming from a 400 pound American police officer.

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

"The Obama administration initially banned the practice after police in Ferguson, Mo. were heavily criticized for using the equipment against protestors in the wake of the shooting of Michael Brown three years ago."

Yes but his administration spent the prior 5 years ramping the practice up. 

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

So, do you support the militarization of the police? 

No I do not but at the same time you cannot pretend that this is a new thing invented by Trump.  In the past it made good sense to sell surplus military equipment to the municipalities.  I think my town still has a few military 6x6 trucks that were converted to off road fire trucks. 

10 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

No I do not but at the same time you cannot pretend that this is a new thing invented by Trump.  In the past it made good sense to sell surplus military equipment to the municipalities.  I think my town still has a few military 6x6 trucks that were converted to off road fire trucks. 

I don't think anyone is saying it's new.

That still doesn't excuse it. Wtf?

33 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I'm well aware of the history and the article makes it quite clear so anyone who thinks it's new has nobody but themselves to blame. :bc:

23 minutes ago, bussman said:

Walls to keep people out or in? 

The Berlin Wall was sold as a means to keep the Capitalists out of the Communist Utopia. :news:

23 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I'm well aware of the history and the article makes it quite clear so anyone who thinks it's new has nobody but themselves to blame. :bc:

The Berlin Wall was sold as a means to keep the Capitalists out of the Communist Utopia. :news:

How about Pink Floyd's Wall?

:ssfb_cornered:

Our local PD has a few. They came in handy during a blizzard. Getting stuck motorist from their cars. There was a bank robbery that turned into a hosted situation, they used it to get some of the peaple that were pinned down. They also used it to get peaple out of a flooded road.  I would rather see them get used than get scrapped. They are also painted white and don't have gun mounts. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Our local PD has a few. They came in handy during a blizzard. Getting stuck motorist from their cars. There was a bank robbery that turned into a hosted situation, they used it to get some of the peaple that were pinned down. They also used it to get peaple out of a flooded road.  I would rather see them get used than get scrapped. They are also painted white and don't have gun mounts. 

Oh fuck now you are going  to get it.

Edited by Biggie Smails

11 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Trump to reverse ban on local police using military equipment

Source: the hill

By Jacqueline Thomsen - 08/27/17 06:06 PM EDT

The Trump administration will now allow local police forces to take and use armored vehicles, high-caliber weapons and other kinds of heavy equipment that were once used in the military, USA Today reported Sunday.

The Obama administration initially banned the practice after police in Ferguson, Mo. were heavily criticized for using the equipment against protestors in the wake of the shooting of Michael Brown three years ago.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is set to address the Fraternal Order of Police Monday, where it’s believed he might unveil the new policy.

"Assets that would otherwise be scrapped can be re-purposed to help state, local and tribal law enforcement better protect public safety and reduce crime,” administration officials wrote in a document obtained by USA Today

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/348201-trump-to-reverse-ban-on-local-police-using-military-equipment-report

yes it was much better to just toss the old military equipment in the trash as apposed to letting local cops take it . you whinny cunt

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yes it was much better to just toss the old military equipment in the trash as apposed to letting local cops take it . you whinny cunt

you are a fucking idiot .....why not just give the cops nukes and chemical weapons when they expire too !!!!!

fucking moron 

Edited by f7ben

Just now, f7ben said:

you are a fucking idiot .....why not just give the cops nukes and chemical weapons when they expire too !!!!!

fucking moron 

do you think they will not just buy there own Hummers and APC if they want them ? that is on your local dime . this way you only pay 1 time for that APC . but yeah you are a smart feller 

I hate cops always have . I have spent many a weekend in my day because of my dis contempt and refusal to kiss cop ass  . but again I know they will buy what the fuck they want any way so why not let then grab the jeeps and apc . hell this old ban even banes vests from being donated and helmet cams . pistols all of it

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

1. Obama has said we are the greatest country on Earth. Then goes and bombs the fuck out of poor brown people for 8 years straight.

2. See #1

3. See #1

4. See #1

5. Women always suffer more when the bombs start falling.

6. Media cheering when cowardly acts of murder are carried out under the direction of the President.

7. Continuing and expanding the Bush surveillance state.

8. Been going on since the red scare at least, but Obama didn't do anything to stop it.

9. Umm, TPP...

10. Lol. Dems haven't been friends of labor since the 30s. Lack of leadership got fat grifters elevated to labor leaders.

11. This is generally a right wing marker.

12. Militarization of police forces continued under Obama, just as it would have under Hillary. 

13. Do I even need to address this? You gotta be about the most pathetic partisan lackey to not realize that the government is massively corrupt and chock full of cronies.

14. Election 2004, 2000. DNC 2016 primary.

:Micdrop:

Moto says this is a lie :lol: More worthless rhetoric from Idealistic Moto :lmao: