Check your account email address ×

Let's get the libs on record now....

I haven't heard any negative responses to Trump at all over the Hurricane. No coverage from the left must mean he is knocking it out of the park. Good for him.

My buddy in Houston is having a ball. He lives on a large hill and has spent most of his time getting hammered while waiting out the rain. 

I'm more concerned about the actual relief effort than a PR visit. 

It was really a novelty to have Obama come through and survey the damage in Wayne and Paterson, NJ after Sandy. I mean people lined up along the motorcade route through Paterson like it was a parade. In reality though Obama was going to back whatever number NJ requested anyway and the fight real over FEMA relief and shit was in Congress.

10 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I'm more concerned about the actual relief effort than a PR visit. 

It was really a novelty to have Obama come through and survey the damage in Wayne and Paterson, NJ after Sandy. I mean people lined up along the motorcade route through Paterson like it was a parade. In reality though Obama was going to back whatever number NJ requested anyway and the fight real over FEMA relief and shit was in Congress.

From everything I have seen FEMA and other orgs have been doing well as could be hoped for. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

From everything I have seen FEMA and other orgs have been doing well as could be hoped for. 

I'm not talking about the department itself, I'm talking about the relief bills for specific disasters. Republicans tried to politicize the Sandy bill over "deficit concerns" or some bullshit as if disaster relief was frivolous discretionary spending.

39 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I'm not talking about the department itself, I'm talking about the relief bills for specific disasters. Republicans tried to politicize the Sandy bill over "deficit concerns" or some bullshit as if disaster relief was frivolous discretionary spending.

Well yea because every rep tries to put spending for their pet project back in their own district knowing full well that a relief bill will pass no matter what extra unrelated spending is in it.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Well yea because every rep tries to put spending for their pet project back in their own district knowing full well that a relief bill will pass no matter what extra unrelated spending is in it.

So you still take the bait that R's are fiscal conservatives? :lol: Mouthbreathers like you fall for the theatrics and ignore  the facts. 

3 hours ago, Snake said:

... before you are told what to say.

Trump visiting Texas; yes, he NEEDS to show up. No, he will just GET IN THE WAY!

So which route ladies?

Trump should visit when the opportunity arises for him to be there when his visit won't take first responders away from the huge task at hand.

1 hour ago, Wildboer said:

36 Senate Republicans voted against emergency funding for Sandy, I wonder what there vote will be on funding a wealthy state like Texas? :dunno: 

Texas lawmakers, now bracing for Harvey, voted against Sandy spending

Updated at 6:19 p.m. on Saturday.

WASHINGTON — In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, a storm that hit New Jersey and New York in 2012, eight Texas Republicans voted against increasing flood insurance, and 23 voted against emergency funding for victims. 

Both measures ultimately passed the House and Senate before being signed into law by President Obama. But the history of votes against flood insurance benefiting other needy states could come back to haunt Texas members of Congress should they have to apply for federal funding themselves after Hurricane Harvey. Projected damages from the storm could reach nearly $40 billion.

The first bill funding Sandy aid granted the Federal Emergency Management Agency a temporary $9.7 billion increase in borrowing authority for the National Flood Insurance Program, passing 354-67 in the House and by voice vote in the Senate.

Republican Reps. Mike Conaway of Midland, Bill Flores of Bryan, Louie Gohmert of Tyler, Kenny Marchant of Coppell, Mac Thornberry of Clarendon, Randy Weber of Pearland, and Roger Williams of Austin voted no on the bill, as did former Rep. Randy Neugebauer of Lubbock.

The second bill provided $17 billion in emergency funding for Hurricane Sandy victims and communities, passing the House 241-180 and the Senate 62-36.

While Texas Sen. John Cornyn and former Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison both supported a previous Senate version of the bill, Cornyn and Sen. Ted Cruz voted no to the House bill, taking issue with new provisions. 

"Emergency relief for the families who are suffering from this natural disaster should not be used as a Christmas tree for billions in unrelated spending," Cruz said in a statement at the time. "The United States Senate should not be in the business of exploiting victims of natural disasters to fund pork projects that further expand our debt."

With the exception of Houston Rep. John Culberson, all Texas Republicans in Congress at the time voted against the bill. All but three are still in office today.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/weather/2017/08/25/texas-lawmakers-now-bracing-harvey-voted-sandy-spending

3 hours ago, Snake said:

... before you are told what to say.

Trump visiting Texas; yes, he NEEDS to show up. No, he will just GET IN THE WAY!

So which route ladies?

He should stay the Fuck away but not impede what the responders need.   Instead the dumbshit pardons Joe :lol: 

Tell me Union Boy - what cognitive ability and reasoning does a 70 year old with early onset Altzheimers and dimentia gonna bring to the table that is going to help?  

45 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Cheap political excuse, those same guys push their own pork.

19 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

36 Senate Republicans voted against emergency funding for Sandy, I wonder what there vote will be on funding a wealthy state like Texas? :dunno: 

Not to mention it's an easier political move for an R to threaten to withhold disaster relief from a blue state than a red one, but who knows nowadays, maybe we'll get some infighting.

Edited by Wildboer

9 minutes ago, bussman said:

Didn't Bush turn the weather machine on the blacks during Katrina? If Trump has the keys to that thing......

All that does is inconvenience all of the hard working white people. 

10 minutes ago, bussman said:

Didn't Bush turn the weather machine on the blacks during Katrina? If Trump has the keys to that thing......

Well yeah because W doesn't care about black people.....Kanye said so.

38 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Cheap political excuse, those same guys push their own pork.

Not to mention it's an easier political move for an R to threaten to withhold disaster relief from a blue state than a red one, but who knows nowadays, maybe we'll get some infighting.

The Sandy play was to make Obama look bad. Withhold relief funds and then when everyone is suffering all of the radio hacks and Fox news blame Obama. Then Christie goes and hugs Obama and makes em all look like dicks. That's why they hate Christie now.

I don't think these disasters should be politicized. This is where the govt has a job to serve the people they work for, that's what they should do first and foremost. Everyone can go back to mudslinging when it's over. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Anler said:

The Sandy play was to make Obama look bad. Withhold relief funds and then when everyone is suffering all of the radio hacks and Fox news blame Obama. Then Christie goes and hugs Obama and makes em all look like dicks. That's why they hate Christie now.

I don't think these disasters should be politicized. This is where the govt has a job to serve the people they work for, that's what they should do first and foremost. Everyone can go back to mudslinging when it's over. 

A-Fucking-Men!:thumb:

17 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Because dems tried to add a bunch of other spending to the bills that had nothing to do with the relief.   Playing politics with a disaster.   Like Rahm said never let a tragedy go to waste or something like that.  If anyone votes against it they are somehow just against the relief effort.  Shameful.  

http://nypost.com/2012/12/15/obama-sandy-aid-bill-filled-with-holiday-goodies-unrelated-to-storm-damage/ 

Edited by Highmark