Check your account email address ×

41 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

It really is amazing the stupidity exhibited by some....good lord.

If you are talking about some the posters here and Emma the Twitter poster, yes you might be correct; I will leave you the final three paragraphs from the movie review and a link to the entire review :bc: 

There’s exquisite beauty but also utter desolation in Hoyte Van Hoytema’s cinematography, and Nolan’s cast is a top-notch crew of English thespians. In Dawson, Rylance brings a load of heart and a superhuman understanding of what can happen in war. One Direction singer Styles, who makes his acting debut here, offers a surprising amount of grit and pathos, and Hardy is simply magnetic, even when his face masked.

Dunkirk is also one of the best-scored films in recent memory, and Hans Zimmer’s music plays as important a role as any character. With shades of Edward Elgar’s Enigma Variations, the melodies are glorious, yet Zimmer also creates an instrumental ticking-clock soundtrack that’s a propulsive force in the action scenes.

The trio of timelines can be jarring as you figure out how they all fit, and the fact that there are only a couple of women and no lead actors of color may rub some the wrong way. Still, Nolan’s feat is undeniable: He’s made an immersive war movie that celebrates the good of mankind while also making it clear that no victory is without sacrifice.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/07/17/review-christopher-nolan-excellent-dunkirk-explores-heroism-innovative-fashion/482574001/#

33 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Everything about the movie was excellent. Best war movie in a longgggg time. Hardy is a fucking boss. 

If anyone is questioning how good it is or how real to life it is, all they need to do is read this.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/dunkirk-film-premiere-christopher-nolan-veteran-tears-watch-harry-styles-cillian-murphy-tom-hardy-a7856456.html

Hoping to see it sometime soon myself. 

It was good and the movie really made you feel the tension or want to get the fuck out of there and get back home. also made the English seem like pussies.....no wonder they needed our help. Except for the RAF guys......that was awesome!  although the run out of gas (petrol) of the Spitfire at the end and glide around forever was a bit hollywooded up and a bit outlandish.....

Great movie.

2 hours ago, MSAREV said:

It was good and the movie really made you feel the tension or want to get the fuck out of there and get back home. also made the English seem like pussies.....no wonder they needed our help. Except for the RAF guys......that was awesome!  although the run out of gas (petrol) of the Spitfire at the end and glide around forever was a bit hollywooded up and a bit outlandish.....

Great movie.

that was the only part i thought was bad as well.  

On 7/26/2017 at 11:42 AM, awful knawful said:

Who the fuck has time to watch movies?

well I ended up picking my son up at midnight from a  flight that was supposed to be in by 9 so I can thank the weather for my time to see it.  i prob see 1 movie a year in the theater.  

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

In a trailer...with ac thank god.. :lol:

:lol:I knew you were too good for a tent :lol:.  We use to park our trucks at a buddies place outside kenora and atv to hillock lake. Would take 3 hours to get our spot on crown land. Had to atv down old logging roads  ,through creeks,shit like that,but we had the whole beach to ourselves :bc:. Then we got our first trailer ,a 14foot pos Glendale, so much better than a tent...then 5 years latter ,a 34foot jayco ,full load lol. All of the sudden, camping was like staying home,but at a different address :lol:

5 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

:lol:I knew you were too good for a tent :lol:.  We use to park our trucks at a buddies place outside kenora and atv to hillock lake. Would take 3 hours to get our spot on crown land. Had to atv down old logging roads  ,through creeks,shit like that,but we had the whole beach to ourselves :bc:. Then we got our first trailer ,a 14foot pos Glendale, so much better than a tent...then 5 years latter ,a 34foot jayco ,full load lol. All of the sudden, camping was like staying home,but at a different address :lol:

Sweet....i actually dont mind tenting...but my wife would never stay in a tent anymore...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

Sweet....i actually dont mind tenting...but my wife would never stay in a tent anymore...

If I ever tent again,it'll be a truck tent. I had one for my old ford, it was awesome.  Nice being off the ground with some side protection 

21 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

If I ever tent again,it'll be a truck tent. I had one for my old ford, it was awesome.  Nice being off the ground with some side protection 

Yes sir!!!!  Saw some fucking cool ones staying at Haydays last year. Fucking perfect.  No muss, no fuss.  Went down in a friend's RV last year and I just did't see it being worth it for a night.  Hell, a fart sack in a truck bed would work for me.