Check your account email address ×

Chicago LOL

1920.jpg

CHICAGO—Promising that every effort would be made to limit the impact on residents’ day-to-day lives, Chicago officials announced Wednesday that a fleet of plows was working around the clock to clear more than 18 inches of fresh bullet casings that had blanketed the metropolitan area overnight.

Sources at the city’s Department of Streets and Sanitation confirmed that over 250 ammunition-removal vehicles had been deployed to deal with the knee-deep layer of spent cartridges, which have been steadily accumulating on Chicago’s streets, alleys, and pedestrian walkways since the previous evening.

“Our crews have been out there all night trying to make our roadways passable, but given how quickly the handgun and semi-automatic shells have piled up, it’s going to take some time,” DSS commissioner Charles L. Williams told reporters, thanking the public for its patience while crews made their way across the stricken municipality. “We’re making good headway, but as you can imagine, it’s not an easy job, especially with casings continuing to fall throughout the city.”

“So unless you have an emergency, we’re urging all citizens to stay put for the time being,” he added. “Right now, it’s just not safe to be out in such treacherous conditions.”

Williams stated that as casing levels surpassed 12 inches, scores of extra workers from outside the city were called in to help keep pace with the buildup. In addition, numerous dump truck crews have reportedly been tasked with carting off entire trailers full of cartridges from the hardest-hit areas and depositing them in nearby landfills before circling back to pick up more.

According to sources, by the morning rush hour, over 300 public and private schools in the Chicago area had been either closed or delayed due to concerns over the large amounts of ammunition covering the city. Citing increased hazards, officials further advised residents to stay off back streets and avoid venturing out at night.

“Man, it’s brutal out there,” said Paul Bergeron, 34, a resident of the Lawndale neighborhood on Chicago’s West Side, showing reporters where plows had piled up over nine feet of empty casings in the parking lot of the grocery store across from his apartment. “I ran out to Walgreens, and on my way back, I nearly took a spill trudging through all the .40-caliber shells—I just wanted to get home as quickly as possible.”

“Growing up in Kansas, I never saw anything nearly like this, but it is what it is,” he continued. “When you’re living here, you learn to deal with the bullets and adjust your life accordingly.”

Some locals, however, have complained that the areas receiving priority attention from the city’s plows were not consistent with those that had been most severely affected. In Chicago’s western and southern neighborhoods, for example, eyewitnesses reported that cartridges had risen as high as some first-floor windows, making it difficult for the occupants to even open their front doors.

“The plows always seem to get to the rich neighborhoods first, that’s for sure,” said Gloria Hawkins, 53, a lifelong resident of the South Side community of Auburn Gresham. “Down here, you have no choice but to go out there into the ammo and shovel your car out yourself. It can be pretty frustrating when things are really bad out, because by the time you finish clearing the walk in front of your house, there’s already an inch or two of fresh bullet casings piling up where you started.”

“But we’ll get through it, just like we always do,” Hawkins continued. “This city is very much used to this sort of thing.”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

:lol::lol: 

These guys appreciate the concern you have for them :lol: 

Never, I mean never had there ever been a Chevy Tahoe loaded with more talent. NEVER!!!!!  I dare anybody to find it.

:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

:lol::lol: 

These guys appreciate the concern you have for them :lol: 

45 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Westside, the 5 point star tat is a Vice Lords symbol.

The GD's are there rival, Southside below.

Holy Fuck let them off each other..WTF.

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

. Shootings, drug dealing in the open, prostitution... 

every one needs a job .

yrs back this shit small town 25 min west of Minneapolis had pimps hauling his girls out to the lake knocking in Ice shack doors . 

fred garvin.png

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

He must keep the pimp hand way strong to get them bitches out there in the cold. 

and on frozen water with out life jackets .

they were at it for a few winters . the cops got sick of calls from wifes I think lol set up a sting and had cops in a bunch of shacks .

I know a few guys who got the knock after hearing about what was going on and decided that was a good lake to fish on lol  

Just now, Ez ryder said:

and on frozen water with out life jackets .

they were at it for a few winters . the cops got sick of calls from wifes I think lol set up a sting and had cops in a bunch of shacks .

I know a few guys who got the knock after hearing about what was going on and decided that was a good lake to fish on lol  

Fuck, I'd ice fish even for that show. 

20 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Holy Fuck let them off each other..WTF.

Many here at FSCE are very concerned about how violent those young men are towards each other, some may even lose sleep over them offing each other.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Many here at FSCE are very concerned about how violent those young men are towards each other, some may even lose sleep over them offing each other.

As long as they keep the innocents out of it I say have at it.

6 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Is that how they put it in the Zillow ads?

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It is a vicious cycle for sure. Easy to tell them to make better choices, but a lot of them probably never left their little section of Chicago. How the hell are they to know about those choices? No education, families in disarray, ignored by their city except the police... 

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

Is that how they put it in the Zillow ads?

That's a go0d idea, I should copyright that :lol: 

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

It is a vicious cycle for sure. Easy to tell them to make better choices, but a lot of them probably never left their little section of Chicago. How the hell are they to know about those choices? No education, families in disarray, ignored by their city except the police... 

I'm thinking a lot of the gangbangers were born fucked up from a mother who was drinking and drugging while pregnant, being born with half a deck is a shitty way to start, and then you get to raised by this wonderful bitch who gave zero fucks about your health while carrying you.

I have done some volunteer career counseling at some inner city schools, I have had some good kids tell me stories while doing one on one mock interviews about their surroundings and there hope to get a career where they can move themselves and their families to somewhere they don't have to worry about getting shot while walking down the street.

No one gives a fuck when the gangbangers off each other, sad part is the fucks are terrible shooters and are just as likely to hit some innocent cutting grass or pushing a stroller.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Did I read this right today?  Almost 1100 shootings so far this year in Chicago?

"Sanctuary".  What a MAYOR!!!!!

You didn't even ask if I was ok? 

IMG_2645.PNG

• Like 1