Check your account email address ×

Catalyst crash hazard

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

So it's the top cap that goes on the top side of the handlebar?

I am assuming they would replace all 4 caps and be done with it. Krom will know when he talks to cat. 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Units: About 2,670 (In addition, about 891 were sold in Canada)

at least they don't light on fire...

They don't sell enough to even create a spark. Thought this was a flagship new model, and this is all they sold

The Chinesium metal alloy they use for everything strikes again. 

3,561 new ‘24 Cataylist 600’s sold… wow. So overwhelming.:news:

17 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

They don't sell enough to even create a spark. Thought this was a flagship new model, and this is all they sold

never buy a first model year, anything... especially a big bore. 

26 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

The scary part is, that number is what was delivered to dealers. The Retail sales number was less than that. I am also surprised less than a 1000 went to Canada 

after the pandemic ,, i would not buy anything new,, work force is run by google r us ,, quality of products went down the tube ,, and its only going to get worse,,

Strange that its only for catalyst sleds

We've changed plenty of them over the years, try to find them during pdi by making sure the bolts are nice and tight.  The ones that break have a huge void in the casting.

According to the parts book on country cat, the part number for the catalyst steering clamp is the same as they have used on pretty much every sled for years and years :dunno:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, krom said:

Strange that its only for catalyst sleds

We've changed plenty of them over the years, try to find them during pdi by making sure the bolts are nice and tight.  The ones that break have a huge void in the casting.

According to the parts book on country cat, the part number for the catalyst steering clamp is the same as they have used on pretty much every sled for years and years :dunno:

Change in supplier and/or process would be my guess.  Some purchasing manager from the Big-T is extra proud about squeezing one last fraction of a cent out of that piece part price.  

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

The scary part is, that number is what was delivered to dealers. The Retail sales number was less than that. 

Pathetic sales numbers.

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I am also surprised a 1000 went to Canada 

Based on this website there are a lot of dumb canadians.

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Pathetic sales numbers.

Based on this website there are a lot of dumb canadians.

All they have up there is molson beer and maple syrup 

59 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Brain eating worms as well.  

Every now and then they smuggle of bottle of that Norman county windshield washer fluid over the border and have a real party 

On 5/9/2024 at 4:08 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Units: About 2,670 (In addition, about 891 were sold in Canada)

at least they don't light on fire...

Jesus that's sad.  The latest and greatest from cat barely sells 3500 units?

We can't lose another. We just can't.

22 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Remember that is how many went to dealers. Less than that actually went to end users. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

I don’t want to see them go away but when you continue to manufacture unreliable garbage made from Chinesium metal you suffer the consequences of low sales. 

50 minutes ago, AK440 said:

I don’t want to see them go away but when you continue to manufacture unreliable garbage made from Chinesium metal you suffer the consequences of low sales. 

That has nothing to do with it. Cat’s low sales are from not selling what the consumer wants. A bigger than 800cc sled with a full feature display. What does cat release? A 600 with the same crap they have used for the last 12 years. They are 8 years late to the party with the 858 and the higher end options. If they would have done that out of the gate the catalyst would have been tough find this season. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

That has nothing to do with it. Cat’s low sales are from not selling what the consumer wants. A bigger than 800cc sled with a full feature display. What does cat release? A 600 with the same crap they have used for the last 12 years. They are 8 years late to the party with the 858 and the higher end options. If they would have done that out of the gate the catalyst would have been tough find this season. 

And Doo (boost) and Poo (boost and 900r) have upped the game and probably already working on the next flavor of engine. This will not help Cat and their 858 imo.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tripleflipper said:

And Doo (boost) and Poo (boost and 900r) have upped the game and probably already working on the next flavor of engine. This will not help Cat and their 858 imo.

I love my 900r.

• Like 1