Check your account email address ×

Any Mountain Bikers?

usually get out earlier than now but i'm about to start and i'll ride till Thanksgiving. even fat bike after that . we have our own trail system that we have built and maintained for 27 years. we have some good shit. 

https://www.facebook.com/571306546231350/videos/762044737873289

https://www.facebook.com/571306546231350/videos/2369004853403838

https://www.facebook.com/571306546231350/videos/127467312548787

https://www.facebook.com/571306546231350/videos/425424505204829

https://www.facebook.com/571306546231350/videos/664899328289278

• Like 1

a few more. some of these guys are childhood friends. been riding with these guys since 1976. bmx, road, and in 1987 mountain. 

the four of us in 1982. we still all live within a few miles of each other. i'm #4

No photo description available.

our halloween race. my buddy joe dirt

• Like 4

we had nearly 30 miles, and fucking people on foot during the pandemic got us kicked out of some of the best we had. the land owners told us not one mtb rider incident in 27 years . but the hikers were obnoxious. naked, shitting, garbage, telling land owners to go fuck themselves. in the one guys yard taking pictures with his lawn decor. then flip him off when he tells them to beat it. we lost some sweet shit. the one even tried the mtb only signs , and gave up. they were all sad to do it but we do not blame them. we still have killer riding

Yes/no.  

Sold my mountain bike a couple years ago and haven't bought another right now. 

Keep eyeing up a Polygon Siskiu T8, but every time I'm ready to pull the trigger, they are out of stock on the one I want or not on sale.

I have 2 dyno comp bmx bikes from back in the day. My friend’s wife saw me riding one and stopped to ask if I got a dui and robbed a middle schooler for transportation. I said bitch this is vintage and kept going 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

a few more. some of these guys are childhood friends. been riding with these guys since 1976. bmx, road, and in 1987 mountain. 

the four of us in 1982. we still all live within a few miles of each other. i'm #4

our halloween race. my buddy joe dirt

that pic brings back some memories.  rode mongoose, redline and pk rippers back in the day, did a bit of BMX racing and freestyle.  was the first kid who had white tuff wheels in our area that were a bitch to keep clean because they didn't make white brake pads.  rode road bikes through high school and took a long hiatus.  never really got into the mountain bike scene but I do currently have a dirt jumper for the local park very close to the house.  can't ride nearly as well (with no fear of injuries) as I did when I was 40lbs lighter and 20+ years younger but still enjoy hitting the jumps.  it's good practice for snowmobile season and hitting driveway approaches. :)

IMG_20240419_060724687.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that pic brings back some memories.  rode mongoose, redline and pk rippers back in the day, did a bit of BMX racing and freestyle.  was the first kid who had white tuff wheels in our area that were a bitch to keep clean because they didn't make white brake pads.  rode road bikes through high school and took a long hiatus.  never really got into the mountain bike scene but I do currently have a dirt jumper for the local park very close to the house.  can't ride nearly as well (with no fear of injuries) as I did when I was 40lbs lighter and 20+ years younger but still enjoy hitting the jumps.  it's good practice for snowmobile season and hitting driveway approaches. :)

IMG_20240419_060724687.jpg

preps you for sled season for sure

• Like 1

joe dirt in the photo is actually from france. he is a fashion model as well as his wife. really cool down to earth people. i get ll bean catalog and there he is. 

TOBIAS LEWIS - Q Models

not gonna leave her out

ANNA JONYNAS - Q Models

• Like 1

I haven't had a Mt bike since I was a kid. I do live near a large Mt biking community in Burke, Vermont. People come from all over the northeast and Quebec. I know that @sleepybrew has told me that he has biked the Kingdom Trails system.

oh yeah. went to the kingdom, stayed at a sweet air bnb. big group of us. we had a good weekend. the bad part is i crashed both days. unlike me to do that but it was raining and leafy, i hit a root to catch air, landed in a criss cross of roots and ate shit bad. next day coming down a huge hill , flying , rolled my pedals back and put my weight back. hooked a little stump with my pedal. threw me through the bike. 2 in a row, i was dinged up pretty good. went in to town and it had awesome mtb vibe. had a beer and app at the tiki bar , was a good time. i think they lost some trails after we were there, but i have friends that go every year. i brought a whole "shell" and cut a bunch of ny strips for the grille. awesome from the local meat market. i made ny strips with blue cheese butter. twas killer!

• Like 1

Found a nice used Specialized Status 160 I might need to look at next time I make an appearance at the office.  

Not too certain how well it would do out on the flatter parts of this state though. 

7 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

don't lump us in with those assholes. trying for a positive thread here

I am positive there are a lot of determined miserable people with a lack of common sense in that video. :) 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

I am positive there are a lot of determined miserable people with a lack of common sense in that video. :) 

my sled buddy is a roadie. cool, respectful one. i tease him when i see dickheads in the road and acting entitled. that crowd brings it on themselves. we are in the woods on private lands that we maintain. 90% of the guys i ride with have sleds, dirt bikes, quads, etc. , and 100% are all for it even if they don't have anything. the guys in the video on snow with gravel bikes is just stupid. go run your skinny tires on someone's cross country ski trails and see how they react

6 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

my sled buddy is a roadie. cool, respectful one. i tease him when i see dickheads in the road and acting entitled. that crowd brings it on themselves. we are in the woods on private lands that we maintain. 90% of the guys i ride with have sleds, dirt bikes, quads, etc. , and 100% are all for it even if they don't have anything. the guys in the video on snow with gravel bikes is just stupid. go run your skinny tires on someone's cross country ski trails and see how they react

Only bikes I have right now are a retro 10 speed and a carbon Wilier.  Some of the road nurds I've seen I swear have a death wish.  I have some place to be after my ride.  

On 4/19/2024 at 11:06 AM, sleepybrew said:

oh yeah. went to the kingdom, stayed at a sweet air bnb. big group of us. we had a good weekend. the bad part is i crashed both days. unlike me to do that but it was raining and leafy, i hit a root to catch air, landed in a criss cross of roots and ate shit bad. next day coming down a huge hill , flying , rolled my pedals back and put my weight back. hooked a little stump with my pedal. threw me through the bike. 2 in a row, i was dinged up pretty good. went in to town and it had awesome mtb vibe. had a beer and app at the tiki bar , was a good time. i think they lost some trails after we were there, but i have friends that go every year. i brought a whole "shell" and cut a bunch of ny strips for the grille. awesome from the local meat market. i made ny strips with blue cheese butter. twas killer!

retired buddy of mine rides all over out west, mostly Colorado and a bunch in West VA and the southeast

mtn bikes are great collar bone breakers... he's on his third time last fall.   he's still a f'ng maniac at 66 though, but his doc suggested shuffle board or billiards on the last visit  9_9 

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

retired buddy of mine rides all over out west, mostly Colorado and a bunch in West VA and the southeast

mtn bikes are great collar bone breakers... he's on his third time last fall.   he's still a f'ng maniac at 66 though, but his doc suggested shuffle board or billiards on the last visit  9_9 

i gave up snowboarding to avoid getting fucked up. yeah the bike can hurt you but you can get hurt many other ways that are not nearly as fun. i ride with a guy in his 80s. rubbing your tire on the climbs and downhills. jumping, wheelies, he does it all. he is from a club to our south, and when the other guys come i ask "where's frenchie?" . we left him home so he doesn't show us up 

45 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Broken mine on the bike as well.

37 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i gave up snowboarding to avoid getting fucked up. yeah the bike can hurt you but you can get hurt many other ways that are not nearly as fun. i ride with a guy in his 80s. rubbing your tire on the climbs and downhills. jumping, wheelies, he does it all. he is from a club to our south, and when the other guys come i ask "where's frenchie?" . we left him home so he doesn't show us up 

Both arms on a snowboard.  One twice, lol.

But fuck it.  Gotta have fun 

10 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Broken mine on the bike as well.

Both arms on a snowboard.  One twice, lol.

But fuck it.  Gotta have fun 

exactly. many benefits from mtb, just try to stay within the limits of your ability. the ski mountain environment made it easy to leave snowboarding. we have a bunch locally, one i can see from my job. they just get worse and worse. one just went private, 175k a person to be a member. going up to 200k and 10k a year. talking about enjoying the "rarified air" . that's what city folks must call non polluted air

Im 51 and have rode since a kid. We have built and maintain 15 km of single track locally and groom for fat biking in the winter. Some of my buddies are moving to ebikes Im riding a Yt izzo and loving it.

• Like 1