Check your account email address ×

Any Mountain Bikers?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I went from a Trek Session DH bike to a Cannondale XC bike of somekind to nothing.

I think anything semi-modern is a big improvement from either of those for riding in western MN. :lol:

even though i ride rugged , jagged shit i sill ride the bike path with my old lady. air up and go. santa cruz has an awesome riding position. i rode all my friends shit and felt that santa cruz has the best angles for me. climbs anything but totally fine dropping stuff , down hill, corners, it does it all . very quiet as well , no clanking or chain noise, or creaking. i did have thr=e reverb seat post fail on my first ride, but i took it apart and fixed the design flaw. will be good forever. tubeless tires added a lot to the riding experience and no flats. supple as hell over roots, which we have tons of. 

Edited by sleepybrew

Tomorrow night is looking good so far. Got some nice pork loins for the grille. Old lady gonna make potatoes of some sort. My first ride with the boys of the year .Ass whooping  cometh. These guys rode all winter while I was trying to ride sled. Sadly the fatbike shit gets good the same time as sledding and I miss it. Late 50s /60s  guys that can climb , and hammer down hill. Probably an 8-10 mile night. I’ll be hurtin’ but Thursday night is fishing in the creek. Stripers are up and my buddy is chomping at the bit. I hit the Smallies, take a striper if it comes. I’m gonna be shot Friday, lol

55 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Sounds glorious

hardly describes it. we kayak upstream , becomes paradise, bald eagles, osprey , and our favorite , the river otters. fishing is awesome , though it's tidal waters . that can play part. my buddy here was so excited he had to jump out on land to get this thing. small by striper standards, but in the keeper range , and he was gonna have some good eating. i rode some of the trails sunday , pretty nice. some need cleaning but we'll get to it. ridiculous pine cones this year 

thumbnail_IMG_2531.thumb.jpg.9ce53629e7d160836be9f7275e9af1c4.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4964.thumb.jpg.a99798c636323eeb642e5452f25a27da.jpg

• Like 3

real nice night last night. we call it "hero dirt" . damp enough to have traction and no dust but not slick. i'm still a little rusty but rode decent. tonight is fishingthumbnail_IMG_7807.thumb.jpg.e348f301c6f901f734f7c2e8ce2afba8.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7808.thumb.jpg.21c25c03977ba67b564812f2bbc5a89d.jpg

• Like 1

great night on the creek last night. 10 fish. a largemouth, 2 yellow perch, a bullhead (hit a trolled mepps spinner) , 2 fat bluegills, and 4 fat ass smallies. 2 were hard to handle , super strong and fat. had to get a hook cut out of my finger a few years ago so i'm cautious. my buddy has the fish picture but i got some of the creek. got the train just as it came in to the sun. my buddy tipped over in the rapids, lost some shit but we found his shoe and phone. the otter was swimming with us for a while, and a huge blue herron was gorging himself on herring

thumbnail_IMG_7822.thumb.jpg.589ee020c70d56c17d8882f96050e020.jpgthumbnail_IMG_7814.thumb.jpg.80e7ff5af7938e9d6a1a9dcd5bf9f5f6.jpgthumbnail_IMG_7812.thumb.jpg.276f34f98126fab076924e24c69fb238.jpg

• Like 3