Check your account email address ×

NH record housing median sales price

Joe will fix the housing crisis the Democratic way....

1.  College Tuition forgiveness 

2.  Zero percent federal home mortgages + Grants for qualifying deadbeats....

The younger generation is interesting....they arrive broke looking at homes with out the slightest idea how to pay for it.

How about today’s millennial family unit? Husband/wife or girlfriend/ boyfriend procreate. They don’t stay together under the same roof or at all. Dad moves out and splits custody of their 2 kids. Now dd needs a 2 bedroom and mom does to.

Ya see why there is not a housing shortage but a family unit problem?

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Drive up coffees every day. 3.50 x 5 = 1000.00 a year not to mention the gas $ wasted in line. Make coffee at home.

Buy a multi family and live in it for a few years.

good luck finding one the cash flow works with. 

totally different world than when you and i started out.   Your gen and mine destroyed a lot of opportunity for this kids by making them think they are special and playing into their mental issues rather than forcing them to grow up and make hard decisions for the long term good of themselves and society.  We have an education system more concerned with wokeness than teaching life skills from k-college.   we have a Xennial generation who thinks that they should have it all working when they want not putting the time and effot in and busting their ass.   instead of complaining about not being able to make it on what they are making our generations would have gone and worked a second job  or put in OT.  kids today who have any work ethic stand miles above because most do not.  Instead they look to the government for their salvation.  

14 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

don't forget the $700 per month car payment 

fuck 700 these days is a honda accord.    the good thing is at least they last 10 years unlike when i bought my first vehicle in the 80's and they were dead at 5

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

totally different world than when you and i started out.   Your gen and mine destroyed a lot of opportunity for this kids by making them think they are special and playing into their mental issues rather than forcing them to grow up and make hard decisions for the long term good of themselves and society.  We have an education system more concerned with wokeness than teaching life skills from k-college.   we have a Xennial generation who thinks that they should have it all working when they want not putting the time and effot in and busting their ass.   instead of complaining about not being able to make it on what they are making our generations would have gone and worked a second job  or put in OT.  kids today who have any work ethic stand miles above because most do not.  Instead they look to the government for their salvation.  

Maybe not today @7% but down the road when the rate drops back to 3% it will. The tax advantages are great too.

lol yup. kids today.

My home growing up had 3, 9x12 bedrooms, 4 boys in one room and 2 sisters in the other. 
one oscillating fan screwed to the ceiling. No AC, steam radiator in the hall.

luxurious …lol
then again we didn’t live in our bedroom. 

Edited by Mainecat

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, ICG said:

Joe will fix the housing crisis the Democratic way....

1.  College Tuition forgiveness 

2.  Zero percent federal home mortgages + Grants for qualifying deadbeats....

The younger generation is interesting....they arrive broke looking at homes with out the slightest idea how to pay for it.

When we sold our old house our realtor wouldn’t even show the house if you weren’t pre approved or had proof of cash funds.

Just now, Mainecat said:

Maybe not today @7% but down the road when the rate drops back to 3% it will. The tax advantages are great too.

we will not see 3 without a wholesale crumbling of the economy.   7 is IMO the new normal,  if we get under 6 people should run and grab those rates because its not going to be like it was from 2010-2022 again.  Like anytime in history those who have gathered cash can do well when the economy drops but most of these kids today are not going to do that because the cost of everything is too high.  

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

When we sold our old house our realtor wouldn’t even show the house if you weren’t pre approved or had proof of cash funds.

any realtor who doesn't do that should kill themselves.  

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

an entire society full of victims... regardless of political affiliations or income.  :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

fuck 700 these days is a honda accord.    the good thing is at least they last 10 years unlike when i bought my first vehicle in the 80's and they were dead at 5

what % do they even put down before signing the paperwork? 

trying to finding anything drivable/reliable these days for $10k is nearly impossible.  older Camry's, Corollas, Civics and Accords bring good money, even with 100k on the clock.

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

we will not see 3 without a wholesale crumbling of the economy.   7 is IMO the new normal,  if we get under 6 people should run and grab those rates because its not going to be like it was from 2010-2022 again.  Like anytime in history those who have gathered cash can do well when the economy drops but most of these kids today are not going to do that because the cost of everything is too high.  

Our first home was at 17.75%. Everyone said that would be the norm.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what's wrong with a 'starter home' these days?  that's what I bought in 1996 for $51k.  gutted it, remodeled it while I lived in it and eventually turned it into a rental.  was it in the nicest neighborhood or a highly desirable neighborhood?  was I 'proud' of my home?  did any of that matter to me personally?  fuck no!  sold it a couple years ago and between rent collected and appreciation did pretty well.  

imo we live in a 'want' driven society... everyone wants, few want to earn it the hard way.  

Like what a townhome or a condo?

Townhomes are going for 1.2 million and condos for about 900K here.  The math doesn't work anyway you spin it.

We are much worse than you, but your getting there too.

The youth are screwed.

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

When I finally build it’ll be a modular tiny home with heated workshop to fit the van. I don’t need a lot of space. 

Yes we know that already.

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Once you get adjusted to living minimally, having a lot of shit is suffocating. 

I agree with that.

In 4000 sqft now basically live in 3 rooms, kitchen, sunroom and bedroom.

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Townhomes are going for 1.2 million and condos for about 900K here.  The math doesn't work anyway you spin it.

The youth are screwed.

Most of GenZ’s aren’t interested in having a lot material stuff or big homes. I find that admirable. Their unfortunate downfall is a lack of resilience to adversity. That is a fatal flaw. I’m not sure what anyone can do to help that? Maybe time will toughen them up. 

what kind of taxes in NH on these homes? upstate ny is getting fucked by taxes. depending where you live, average house can be 10k or more. nice house 15-20k a year. along with prices 3 times what they should be. nyc transplants bought everything we had. 

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

what kind of taxes in NH on these homes? upstate ny is getting fucked by taxes. depending where you live, average house can be 10k or more. nice house 15-20k a year. along with prices 3 times what they should be. nyc transplants bought everything we had. 

Mine went up 1200 bucks. I’d guess our towns average is 7-8k yr. The town next to me has high taxes for this area. State average is 6k.

26 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The youth are screwed.

Townhomes and condos are for lazy young people. Monthly dues run 350.00 a month and up.

Buy a fixer upper and cut your own lawn and save paying your gym dues.

24 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The youth are screwed.

are there no fixer-uppers in undesirable areas? 

two things ruined that market imo, house flippers and the 'youth' don't know how to fix anything themselves.  

dealing with renters in a multifamily complexes it's easy to quickly identify people who should be renters as many don't have a f'ng clue about maintenance, repair, remodeling, etc. of a home.

IDK if it's the same where you are but we've raised a society of people incapable of doing very little for themselves.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Townhomes and condos are for lazy young people. Monthly dues run 350.00 a month and up.

Buy a fixer upper and cut your own lawn and save paying your gym dues.

Imo there's a lot of people who are afraid to blend in with those in undesirable neighborhoods.  honestly, I had more issues with the white trash in our ghetto than the Asians or people of color.

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

two things ruined that market imo, house flippers and the 'youth' don't know how to fix anything themselves.  

dealing with renters in a multifamily complexes it's easy to quickly identify people who should be renters as many don't have a f'ng clue about maintenance, repair, remodeling, etc. of a home.

IDK if it's the same where you are but we've raised a society of people incapable of doing very little for themselves.

When your 30 years old and your paying someone to spray for mosquitoes your pretty much a namby pamby LOOZER.

Agreed. Blue collar and getting dirty was looked down upon for too long. Schools told everyone they needed to go to college.....Look how that has turned out. Taxpayers are now having to pay the loans..

Now it is coming back the other way. Blue collar is starting to kill it now!

Imo there's a lot of people who are afraid to blend in with those in undesirable neighborhoods.  honestly, I had more issues with the white trash in our ghetto than the Asians or people of color.

Asians work their asses off. 

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

maybe some of the boomers should sell their second or third homes in New Hampshire? 

:pc:

Boomers are hanging on to large homes, boxing out millennials with growing families. That could hurt Biden in the election.

https://www.businessinsider.com/baby-boomers-millennials-large-homes-inventory-affordability-election-2024-4

damn greedy boomers... :)

We pay tax on mortgage interest , you do not. We can sign a mortgage for no more than really 5 years, and then are subject to the new rate at the time.

We do not pay capital gains on a primary residence. All else is subject.

Our dope, yesterday made the capital gain rates %66.7, after a $250k exemption, in an effort I believe to get people to sell a second home.

My entire net worth is tied up in my primary residence, and an RRSP..what you would call a 401k.

It won't effect me, but it will others. 

When a boomer sells his second home, say a cottage it's usually to pass the money down to his children.

That additional tax will just take money from a gen Z or younger.

Our idiot just doesn't think.

• Like 1