Check your account email address ×

Diesel pickup owners

• Gold Member

😂 

992D7F00-15D1-49A7-95CF-93E9985B572D.jpeg.6b837e0c9fe55acf9ecfd6989e1bb3eb.jpeg

The situation becomes even riskier as these files seep into the world where anyone can sell them as their own. Spend any time in diesel truck Facebook groups and you'll see people using code words like "weight loss" or "diet plans" instead of explicitly talking about deletes—yes, really. The original poster is usually asking where they can get their truck deleted, and they're met with comments that simply say "DM me." And it isn't unprecedented for these to be high schoolers who snagged a delete tune for cheap and they're selling it for $150 because they spent no time developing it on their own.

"They'll send the file out and a lot of times, they don't work, which is great for us because it keeps us diagnosing them," Willis said. "But when it doesn't work, you're basically sh*t out of luck."

https://www.thedrive.com/news/sketchy-diesel-tuning-black-market-forming-as-us-shops-stop-deleting-trucks

• Platinum Contributing Member

Don't keep them long enough to care about deletes anymore. 25k on my 23 F350. Looking at trading to a 24 F450 here soon if the price is right.

6 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Don't keep them long enough to care about deletes anymore. 25k on my 23 F350. Looking at trading to a 24 F450 here soon if the price is right.

Do you pay sales tax on the whole amount, or sales price minus trade in ?

16 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

😂

992D7F00-15D1-49A7-95CF-93E9985B572D.jpeg.6b837e0c9fe55acf9ecfd6989e1bb3eb.jpeg

The situation becomes even riskier as these files seep into the world where anyone can sell them as their own. Spend any time in diesel truck Facebook groups and you'll see people using code words like "weight loss" or "diet plans" instead of explicitly talking about deletes—yes, really. The original poster is usually asking where they can get their truck deleted, and they're met with comments that simply say "DM me." And it isn't unprecedented for these to be high schoolers who snagged a delete tune for cheap and they're selling it for $150 because they spent no time developing it on their own.

"They'll send the file out and a lot of times, they don't work, which is great for us because it keeps us diagnosing them," Willis said. "But when it doesn't work, you're basically sh*t out of luck."

https://www.thedrive.com/news/sketchy-diesel-tuning-black-market-forming-as-us-shops-stop-deleting-trucks

The epa has been cracking down on diesel shops. A customer of mine got a 750,000 fine for doing mods. It was on the news like a month ago 

14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Do you pay sales tax on the whole amount, or sales price minus trade in ?

On the difference. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Deephaven said:

What are you planning on towing?

Toyhauler, enclosed trailers. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You can find good delete tunes in the Facebook groups. You just wait a bit for the recommendations, not jump on the first response.

For the older trucks you can still find Minimax's out there with built in delete tunes. They bring a few bucks though, I paid $700 for one for my '08.

Edited by Blackstar

9 hours ago, Not greg b said:

The epa has been cracking down on diesel shops. A customer of mine got a 750,000 fine for doing mods. It was on the news like a month ago 

They essentially wiped out the industry.

With the Dodge recall, I think I saw California will not register the vehicle without the recall having been done...which means the truck has to be factory spec, back to 2014.

A few weeks ago the MTO and a cop, had a kid with a Dodge diesel pulled into a parking lot near my house.

They were looking for emissions deletes, ignoring the fact the wheels stuck out way past the fenders lol.

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

They essentially wiped out the industry.

With the Dodge recall, I think I saw California will not register the vehicle without the recall having been done...which means the truck has to be factory spec, back to 2014.

A few weeks ago the MTO and a cop, had a kid with a Dodge diesel pulled into a parking lot near my house.

They were looking for emissions deletes, ignoring the fact the wheels stuck out way past the fenders lol.

Some kid in town here got pulled in with the wide wheels and got charged for over width. He was 9'-2" outside to outside.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Some kid in town here got pulled in with the wide wheels and got charged for over width. He was 9'-2" outside to outside.

They get them here too, tires are not allowed to stick out past the wheel/fender well, not allowed fender flares over 3 inches wide, overall vehicle can only be X wide, bumper heights, head light heights, mud flaps for lifted truck and the mud flaps can't be higher than 8 inches off the ground and must be as wide as the tire width.

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I dont need lifts, extra wide tires or any of that shit.

I just want that fucking thing to stay out of limp mode.

My 21 had alot of DEF issues. Went in 5mph limp once. I was less than 2 miles from dealer, figured I'd limp it in. 5 mph is really slow! Ended up calling roadside assistance and went back to hotel. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

102" is the theoretical max.

Mirrors don't count.

The obvious stuff makes it easy to warrant the stop,  and get the scales and the rulebook out.

I know I should have a cvor and have my truck registered heavier, but nothing is unsafe or overloaded heavy.

It's only $200 a year more for the extra weight, It's the added bs of a schedule 1 for the wife to take the dog for a ride.

I figure I'll get dinged eventually

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Love my diesel and this is the first one I haven't had tuned.   I've never deleted one either CC or def.

I'll stick with a 3/4 ton but it will be gas however I might drive this one into the ground so to speak when I normally trade between 75K-90K.  

Easily saved 15-20K miles the past two years with not going on as many trips up north. 

Edited by Highmark

You will see less and less diesels in the light and medium duty markets.  The emissions, cost, complexity, and reliability will push more of those applications to spark ignition engines.  Already seeing it with the Ford 7.3L gas and the new Cummins X10 fuel-agnostic platform.

ABOUT THE FUEL AGNOSTIC PLATFORM 
The engine is built on Cummins’ fuel agnostic platform. These new fuel-agnostic engine platforms feature a series of engine versions that are derived from a common base engine, which means they have some parts commonality. Below the head gasket of each engine will largely have similar components and above the head gasket will have different components for different fuel types. Each engine version will operate using a different, single fuel. 

Cummins is offering a full portfolio of products in 2026 to cover the medium-duty and heavy-duty customer needs, including the new 15-liter natural gas engine, the X15N. Additionally, the B6.7 will be offered in diesel, natural gas, gasoline and propane. 

Cummins X10 engine studio shot

7.3L V8 430HP SUPER DUTY CRATE ENGINE

3 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

You will see less and less diesels in the light and medium duty markets.  The emissions, cost, complexity, and reliability will push more of those applications to spark ignition engines.  Already seeing it with the Ford 7.3L gas and the new Cummins X10 fuel-agnostic platform.

Cummins X10 engine studio shot

7.3L V8 430HP SUPER DUTY CRATE ENGINE

I've tossed around getting the 7.3 gas since it came out. The few that I know that bought 7.3s are back in a diesel. Main reasons were lack of power towing in the mountains and fueling up pulling a big 5th wheel(no gas at truck islands)

Changed the oil in my 15 Dmax. It’s fully deleted including the idiot egr. It was more than over due and the oil was still on the brown side and not chimney soot black.