Check your account email address ×

Cars that give a Boner

6 hours ago, Skidooski said:

The early ones were labeled Widow Makers and they didn't even have 700hp. Jesus, I'd get into trouble quick with that one. But an S4 with 700 sounds like fun to me and it's been a while since I over drove an AWD car  :lol: 

And now you put modern tires on them and they are pretty good cars that won't kill you once the whistle kicks in.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Ive had a few of those Z cars. In late 80s early 90s. Very hard to find rust free. Even southern ones rusted bad.

Old Nissans always seemed to rot to hell. My bud had a Nissan hard body truck in high school thing had just as bad a rotted out frame as any tacoma but they never got the recalls like Toyota.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skidooski said:

The early ones were labeled Widow Makers and they didn't even have 700hp. Jesus, I'd get into trouble quick with that one. But an S4 with 700 sounds like fun to me and it's been a while since I over drove an AWD car  :lol: 

I am a set of down pipes from being beyond that in my s6.  Keep going back and forth.  Non catalyzed gas makes my wife sick, but she only needs to drive my car when I take the truck.

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

That's a tight car.  Damn!

Neal

You're a Z car officianado?

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Certainly not an expert, but I really would like a 370.  :bc:

Neal

Ya they are nice for sure. I prefer the 70s models though. They're like mini Corvettes.

:bc:

7 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I am a set of down pipes from being beyond that in my s6.  Keep going back and forth.  Non catalyzed gas makes my wife sick, but she only needs to drive my car when I take the truck.

I didn’t think the truck had cats on it, or any exhaust at all? 

9 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I didn’t think the truck had cats on it, or any exhaust at all? 

My Escalade had long tubes and way more power than that.  My Audi still has cats....for now.  Realized it was parked in a field of mud and ice when you saw it, lol

7 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

My Escalade had long tubes and way more power than that.  My Audi still has cats....for now.  Realized it was parked in a field of mud and ice when you saw it, lol

True. I lost my house keys in that mud pit and didn’t know it. It broke off my key chain. It lead to a long night lol. 

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

My kid has a ‘82 S10 that I want to shove a 6.2 in.  I think it would be a hoot for a 16 year old to have a 600hp 1,000 pound hot rod, right??  :lol:

I keep an eye out for a 08-09 Escalade we can harvest the motor and tranny out of.  

Neal

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Ya they are nice for sure. I prefer the 70s models though. They're like mini Corvettes.

:bc:

I think I’d like the comforts of the later model stuff.

I have driven big boxy heavy vehicles my whole life, I think I’d like to have a small sports car in the stable.  I was even an Audi TT fan for a while!  :lol:

Neal

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Doug said:

Can see the Caddy slammed to the ground (close already) with updated power tran.

I’d love that but I can only afford one project. The 56 has been in the family since ‘77 but it sits unused these days. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Not greg b said:

The ultimate boner mobile. Even zr6000 approves and has one on order 

IMG_4364.jpeg

Did you see the video of it going thru 12” of water ?

Now this is moves me. Unfortunately, the pricing has gotten out of hand on the second gens. Could have bought something nice for $10-15k 10 years ago, now now they are $40k plus for good drivers.

1979_ford_bronco_d491be36-2f75-4558-acef-7d15436ff7ce-96538.thumb.webp.86dc2c84050f0ce9d35eaef8ea7b62a0.webp

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Now this is moves me. Unfortunately, the pricing has gotten out of hand on the second gens. Could have bought something nice for $10-15k 10 years ago, now now they are $40k plus for good drivers.

1979_ford_bronco_d491be36-2f75-4558-acef-7d15436ff7ce-96538.thumb.webp.86dc2c84050f0ce9d35eaef8ea7b62a0.webp

I like those, but actually like the Chevy rendition a little more. Especially 69-75. I think thats when the whole roof came off.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I like those, but actually like the Chevy rendition a little more. Especially 69-75. I think thats when the whole roof came off.

Ya, the whole roof thing is nice. But we are a "push my Ford" rather than "drive a Chev" kinda family.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1