Check your account email address ×

BRP to cut sled production 30%

7 hours ago, AK440 said:

You pulled those numbers outta your ass parts boy. Yamaha spent millions of dollars developing the dies to produce aluminum frames. Your math doesn’t work and Polaris can’t make cost effective small revisions to their cast bulkhead like Cat can do. 

fucking clueless as usual.

Plenty of die cast cost estimating software available online, of course you are too stupid to use any of it.
BTW "small revisions" could be a cheap as a few hundred to a thousand.  Its just CNC time billed by the hour

2 hours ago, krom said:

fucking clueless as usual.

Plenty of die cast cost estimating software available online, of course you are too stupid to use any of it.
BTW "small revisions" could be a cheap as a few hundred to a thousand.  Its just CNC time billed by the hour

OMG! This is why your just a parts boy and nothing more. Who knew that EVERY. SINGLE. CHANGE. Required on a Polaris only involves removing metal from a die, not adding material. You do realize a CNC machine doesn’t add material… right? You do realize that adding material to a die isn’t practical or cost effective and that dies are made out of specific metals to withstand high pressures and temperatures? 

Go back to your minimum wage parts counter job and quit trying to impress people with your engineer cosplay. :lol2::owned: 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, AK440 said:

OMG! This is why your just a parts boy and nothing more. Who knew that EVERY. SINGLE. CHANGE. Required on a Polaris only involves removing metal from a die, not adding material. You do realize a CNC machine doesn’t add material… right? You do realize that adding material to a die isn’t practical or cost effective and that dies are made out of specific metals to withstand high pressures and temperatures? 

Go back to your minimum wage parts counter job and quit trying to impress people with your engineer cosplay.  

What a drama queen.. avoiding the facts and making up bullshit to try and hide that you are wrong and clueless.

I guess "could" is another one of those words we'll have to add to the list of shit you don't understand. 

Why don't you enlighten us all on the "specific metals" used to make dies, and how it makes them impossible to modify

Edited by krom

10 hours ago, AK440 said:

Go back to your minimum wage parts counter job and quit trying to impress people with your engineer cosplay. :lol2::owned: 

changing inserts to a mud set (master unit die) or a mold base is a common occurrence and is the most cost effective way to make revisions - you remove a cavity/core and replace with another - its a fraction of what a total tool build is and is the most common practice in the industry. Most molding/casting facilities use the same base and change inserts for various tools.

Did you hear this on a podcast too?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, krom said:

What a drama queen.. avoiding the facts and making up bullshit to try and hide that you are wrong and clueless.

I guess "could" is another one of those words we'll have to add to the list of shit you don't understand. 

Why don't you enlighten us all on the "specific metals" used to make dies, and how it makes them impossible to modify

Poor dumb Krom, backed into a corner with facts he resorts to making up statements about my post (which he conveniently quoted).  Little Kromy, show the forum where I stated it was “impossible to modify” a die? :owned::snack: 

3 hours ago, fortune46x said:

changing inserts to a mud set (master unit die) or a mold base is a common occurrence and is the most cost effective way to make revisions - you remove a cavity/core and replace with another - its a fraction of what a total tool build is and is the most common practice in the industry. Most molding/casting facilities use the same base and change inserts for various tools.

Did you hear this on a podcast too?

None of that is as cheap to do as changing a jig to weld a tube steel bulkhead like Cat can do with the Cataylist. :news:

I can tell you didn’t bother to listen to the Carbide Podcast about entries. :lol2:

21 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Poor dumb Krom, backed into a corner with facts he resorts to making up statements about my post (which he conveniently quoted).  Little Kromy, show the forum where I stated it was “impossible to modify” a die? :owned::snack: 

None of that is as cheap to do as changing a jig to weld a tube steel bulkhead like Cat can do with the Cataylist. :news:

I can tell you didn’t bother to listen to the Carbide Podcast about entries. :lol2:

I can tell you that a Jig change is not as cheap as you perceive it to be and if you are adding a rib , or welding up a tool and machining it down for a revision - it is far less expensive then changing a jig - then it goes through the same papp process to be verified for production regardless if its a jig or a casting tool.

I haven't listened to it yet , but I was at the event and have been to every snocross event for the last 7+ years. there was two overflow lots for pits and that has never happened in my time going to Duluth , @Ziemann and @Zambroski can chime in to the glory days of snocross and if it happened then.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AK440 said:

20 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I can tell you that a Jig change is not as cheap as you perceive it to be and if you are adding a rib , or welding up a tool and machining it down for a revision - it is far less expensive then changing a jig -

:owned:

41 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I can tell you that a Jig change is not as cheap as you perceive it to be and if you are adding a rib , or welding up a tool and machining it down for a revision - it is far less expensive then changing a jig - then it goes through the same papp process to be verified for production regardless if its a jig or a casting tool.

I haven't listened to it yet , but I was at the event and have been to every snocross event for the last 7+ years. there was two overflow lots for pits and that has never happened in my time going to Duluth , @Ziemann and @Zambroski can chime in to the glory days of snocross and if it happened then.

what would you know about tooling or manufacturing? 

you must listen to a lot of podcasts... :roflcrying:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, krom said:

:owned:

Bwahahaha! Where’d I say “impossible” Krom? Come on parts boy, you were quoting me and pounding out an angry reply on your grease stained keyboard. :lol2:

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

It’s far cheaper than fucking around making little changes with dies. 

Typical. :handjob: You keep arguing and you’ve not even listened to the podcast! :lol2:

No one cares what some drunk rando spectator thinks he saw in a parking lot. Were you volunteering in the sign up booth? Oh, I know, you pumped the shitters and used your own formula of turds per green room to estimate entries?  

48 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what would you know about tooling or manufacturing? 

you must listen to a lot of podcasts... :roflcrying:

I know more about tooling and manufacturing than you do about predicting cold, snowy winters with your acorns. :roflcrying:

5 minutes ago, AK440 said:

It’s far cheaper than fucking around making little changes with dies. 

Typical. :handjob: You keep arguing and you’ve not even listened to the podcast! :lol2:

No one cares what some drunk rando spectator thinks he saw in a parking lot. Were you volunteering in the sign up booth? Oh, I know, you pumped the shitters and used your own formula of turds per green room to estimate entries?  

I know more about tooling and manufacturing than you do about predicting cold, snowy winters with your acorns. :roflcrying:

You're right , I wouldn't know anything about it , owning a Tool and die shop and injection molding company that's ISO9001:2015 certified that produces and ships parts globally makes me completely clueless on it.  Do they have a podcast where I can learn all of it ?

What about a podcast where I can learn how to be a drunken spectator ? because working for the series clearly doesn't give me any credibility..

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

You're right , I wouldn't know anything about it , owning a Tool and die shop and injection molding company that's ISO9001:2015 certified that produces and ships parts globally makes me completely clueless on it.  Do they have a podcast where I can learn all of it ?

What about a podcast where I can learn how to be a drunken spectator ? because working for the series clearly doesn't give me any credibility..

ain't he something?  :roflcrying:

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

So making rubber dog shit molds to be shipped to Hong Kong makes you an expert on snowmobile manufacturing? :lol2:

I knew you were the guy that ran the shit pumper truck! :lol:

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

ain't he something?  :roflcrying:

How’d your acorn prediction for a cold snowy winter work out old man? Get a lot of miles last season? :owned::lmao:

3 hours ago, fortune46x said:

I can remember it a time or two.  I remember some years they had the racers up and down the street entering the pits.  Crazy.

And yes, this AK440 is full on retard.  Anybody that thinks the Iron Dog is a relevant race still is a half-wit.  I did see a pic with 20 or so spectators though.  Drunken Eskimos and family members.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AK440 said:

How’d your acorn prediction for a cold snowy winter work out old man? Get a lot of miles last season? :owned::lmao:

I got some bad information... from an acorn podcast. 

:ashamed:

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I can remember it a time or two.  I remember some years they had the racers up and down the street entering the pits.  Crazy.

And yes, this AK440 is full on retard.  Anybody that thinks the Iron Dog is a relevant race still is a half-wit.  I did see a pic with 20 or so spectators though.  Drunken Eskimos and family members.

Is that the same Iron Dog where they race on snow? :snack:

15 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Is that the same Iron Dog where they race on snow? :snack:

You mean, the same race they banned the Rush because it had an unfair cooling advantage when riding nothing but dirt?

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

You mean, the same race they banned the Rush because it had an unfair cooling advantage when riding nothing but dirt?

Wait?  Dirt in Alaska?  So the global warming was years ago there and is already gone?  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Don't you have a relative to go fuck?

Inbred retard

He's waiting for Frankie's next conjugal visit

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Wait?  Dirt in Alaska?  So the global warming was years ago there and is already gone?  

You don’t own a sled so why do you post on a sled forum? Idiot.