Check your account email address ×

Boomers fed up with Florida are moving to southern Appalachia, fueling a population spike in longtime rural communities

1 hour ago, Rod said:

Nothing worse than citiots that move to the country 

southern hospitality only goes so far... even to elephants 

44 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Climate change is driving people North.  They say the Rust Belt is going to get an influx of climate refugees cause of all the uninhabited land and fresh water.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2024/03/climate-migration-rust-belt-economy/677856/

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Climate change is driving people North.  They say the Rust Belt is going to get an influx of climate refugees cause of all the uninhabited land and fresh water.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2024/03/climate-migration-rust-belt-economy/677856/

Need cult you have there broski 

4 hours ago, Rod said:

Nothing worse than citiots that move to the country 

First thing they do is throw up their fences. :lol:

You move into the woods, where everyone is surrounded by woods. Why do you want to stare at a ugly ass fence. Lock yourself in house with the blinds closed. God forbid, you may have to wave at a neighborhood or make some small talk with them. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

You move into the woods, where everyone is surrounded by woods. Why do you want to stare at a ugly ass fence. Lock yourself in house with the blinds closed. God forbid, you may have to wave at a neighborhood or make some small talk with them. 

And just get irate that their gravel roads are sloppy when it’s raining 

get mad at machinery and dust and noise. And sprayers 

dont realize they need a real machine to plow their yard out. Get mad there’s no garbage pick up 

buy a house on a haul road then try to get them to shut down hauling on that road 

3 minutes ago, Rod said:

dont realize they need a real machine to plow their yard out. Get mad there’s no garbage pick up 

buy a house on a haul road then try to get them to shut down hauling on that road 

Yup!   It is fun to watch.  Thinking you are going to push your hilly acre and half lot with a battery mower. 

When we first moved in, we were the kids. Neighbors all got  together after work for beers, standing in someone’s yard or garage. Our dogs running everywhere. Kids tearing up and down the road on go karts, bikes, 4 wheelers. They were good times. Glad my kids got to experience it. Now, there is only a handful of us. All the city people that have moved in park in garage, run the door down and hide. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, X2700 said:

More like they can’t find a place to live in Florida or afford it!!!

that's because Canadians and the Chinese are buying it all up... 

33 minutes ago, Rod said:

I'd take all of that and some crazy local drunks 10X over this...

cottage in the UP in the summer

place in the Bahama's in the winter

fuck Florida... 

(irony, wife and daughter are enjoying the beach in St Pete this week)  :lolz:

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Yup!   It is fun to watch.  Thinking you are going to push your hilly acre and half lot with a battery mower. 

When we first moved in, we were the kids. Neighbors all got  together after work for beers, standing in someone’s yard or garage. Our dogs running everywhere. Kids tearing up and down the road on go karts, bikes, 4 wheelers. They were good times. Glad my kids got to experience it. Now, there is only a handful of us. All the city people that have moved in park in garage, run the door down and hide. 

and call the cops when a lone dirt bike idles up the road...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rod said:

Your new big shit goes well over 15mph i'm sure, but my old shit goes 15.  Every fucking time on the road I get people passing me going up a blind hill, or around a blind turn, when in another 300 ft. it's straight and you can see for at least a 1/4 mile.  And ride my ass, like i'm gonna be able to go any faster.  Hey fucknuts, my favorite hobby is watching racing, just about any form of it that involves fast shit on wheels.  Don't you think if I could go like a bat outta hell, and get my day done quicker, i'd fucking do it!?

Fucking waste-case blowholerider morons.  Not a goddamn ounce of common fucking sense.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, hayward said:

Your new big shit goes well over 15mph i'm sure, but my old shit goes 15.  Every fucking time on the road I get people passing me going up a blind hill, or around a blind turn, when in another 300 ft. it's straight and you can see for at least a 1/4 mile.  And ride my ass, like i'm gonna be able to go any faster.  Hey fucknuts, my favorite hobby is watching racing, just about any form of it that involves fast shit on wheels.  Don't you think if I could go like a bat outta hell, and get my day done quicker, i'd fucking do it!?

Fucking waste-case blowholerider morons.  Not a goddamn ounce of common fucking sense.

You forgot when it's totally clear for a mile and they about clip you pulling in front of you after passing.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

plenty of trump signs when I was in WV,  would be a great place for lots of these people to move to.   low taxes, low prob values, just have tos Tay off the hillbilly heroin

let em eat!:lol:

16 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

You forgot when it's totally clear for a mile and they about clip you pulling in front of you after passing.

yes.  or give you the finger after you pull over to let them by after they've only been behind you for a mile. 

:bigfinger:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, X2700 said:

More like they can’t find a place to live in Florida or afford it!!!

When I was in Destin in January you couldn't go anywhere without tripping over a for sale sign.  Lots of stuff for sale, people just don't like the price.  Housing prices along with insurance costs have gone way up in Florida.  That's if you can even get insurance. 

16 hours ago, Cold War said:

You move into the woods, where everyone is surrounded by woods. Why do you want to stare at an ugly ass fence. Lock yourself in house with the blinds closed. God forbid, you may have to wave at a neighborhood or make some small talk with them. 

Those are the trumpers. 

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

When I was in Destin in January you couldn't go anywhere without tripping over a for sale sign.  Lots of stuff for sale, people just don't like the price.  Housing prices along with insurance costs have gone way up in Florida.  That's if you can even get insurance. 

I hope prices go down a bit in st. Pete’s area!!

I know someone looking!!

I may have to pitch in!!😁

4 minutes ago, X2700 said:

I hope prices go down a bit in st. Pete’s area!!

I know someone looking!!

I may have to pitch in!!😁

Get something where we can fit one of those 4 place pwc trailers in the garage.