Check your account email address ×

24/25 impact?

24 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you'd know, it's your wheelhouse

in total profit vs entire product line?

looking for clarity

You can make 20% on those little tractors pretty easy and a cheap one sells for about 30k. 

13 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I would assume he meant the profit they made from selling Cat could be replaced by the numbers listed.

Not sure if that included service work too or not.

Depending on when he gave up ac, it wouldn't have been hard to cover unit sales with a couple compact tractors...

Lots of years you started out trying to make $300 on a sled, as long as you didn't have any leftovers to pay the juice on you where good.

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

You can make 20% on those little tractors pretty easy and a cheap one sells for about 30k. 

I'd imagine that Deere makes more per unit on those green and yeller Gators then Cat does on their Prowlers too.

Just now, krom said:

Depending on when he gave up ac, it wouldn't have been hard to cover unit sales with a couple compact tractors...

Lots of years you started out trying to make $300 on a sled, as long as you didn't have any leftovers to pay the juice on you where good.

They picked it up in 2001 and dropped them before the Procross.  I want to say maybe 08 or 09?

18 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I would assume he meant the profit they made from selling Cat could be replaced by the numbers listed.

Not sure if that included service work too or not.

Probably profit on just the sale of sleds. They treat each part of the business as a separate thing to track trends. Whole goods, parts, and service is typically how they track. 

Edited by Not greg b
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'd imagine that Deere makes more per unit on those green and yeller Gators then Cat does on their Prowlers too.

The dealers do, but the manufacturers it will be about the same margin wise. Jd makes more on paper because they out sell cat probably 50 to 1. If you divide dealer cost by 3 that will get you close to what a manufacturer call will call their cost. 

• Like 1

I can't imagine many people being pumped to snow check a sled if they didn't ride this year.  Especially if there's not much new.  Cat will sell 858's.

The used market has come back to reality, this makes it harder for new buyers because they're getting less for their old sled they're selling or trading.

And besides tough winter, alot can happen with the economy.  I think a lot of people are feeling some uncertainty about the future of the country in general.  Combine that with the always-present real possibility of having 2 or three or more bad winters in a row.. I'd never be invested in any of these companies.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

I can't imagine many people being pumped to snow check a sled if they didn't ride this year.  Especially if there's not much new.  Cat will sell 858's.

The used market has come back to reality, this makes it harder for new buyers because they're getting less for their old sled they're selling or trading.

And besides tough winter, alot can happen with the economy.  I think a lot of people are feeling some uncertainty about the future of the country in general.  Combine that with the always-present real possibility of having 2 or three or more bad winters in a row.. I'd never be invested in any of these companies.

Local dealers have been selling tons of 858 (870's). Will finally be some bigger than 600 sleds in our group. 

Huh…. What? There are snowchecks going on? What came out that’s actually new besides the Cat 858 that was announced back at Haydays.

Only a complete dipshit would snowcheck a sled after the reamed out ass fucking guys took over there 24’s. Dealers up here were heavily discounting ‘24 “exclusive snowcheck only” Boosts and 9R’s starting in January. They had still have leftover 23’s guys backed out on when Polaris couldn’t deliver. 

11 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Local dealers have been selling tons of 858 (870's). Will finally be some bigger than 600 sleds in our group. 

What do you mean 870?

34 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I know how many the number 1 and number 2 Cat dealers in the country (for this year) have sold and that alone proves that your local dealers haven’t sold a ton.

• Like 1

Just now, Palu49 said:

I know how many the number 1 and number 2 Cat dealers in the country (for this year) have sold and that alone proves that your local dealers haven’t sold a ton.

I can make up shit almost as well as you. I just keep the name special for you.

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

I can make up shit almost as well as you. I just keep the name special for you.

Dealers should expect to sell about a third of what they normally do based on those numbers. Far cry from the 2.5x more than last year that cat needed for this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Dealers should expect to sell about a third of what they normally do based on those numbers. Far cry from the 2.5x more than last year that cat needed for this year.

What? Dealer 1. Expected 15. Sold 22. Dealer 2. Expected 12. Sold 20. These are increasing numbers. Needed?

18 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

How many is that?

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Wells Fargo is 18% last time I checked after the OEM subsides expire. I know for a fact that dealer makes way more money on a small tractor than a snowmobile. 

Wells Fargo does floorplanning?  I always figured Trans America had a near monopoly on powersports, but I didn't run into those people enough to find out how much they did.  18% seems about right, same as when I worked in that business.  It's legal theft, same as credit cards.

I used to do all the financing for appliance and TV dealerships, but we also did Toro and a few RV dealerships.  There were no subsidies for RV's at that time, so the dealers paid a point and a half every month from day 1.  It was brutal, many simply never sold enough units to survive that.

12 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Wells Fargo does floorplanning?  I always figured Trans America had a near monopoly on powersports, but I didn't run into those people enough to find out how much they did.  18% seems about right, same as when I worked in that business.  It's legal theft, same as credit cards.

I used to do all the financing for appliance and TV dealerships, but we also did Toro and a few RV dealerships.  There were no subsidies for RV's at that time, so the dealers paid a point and a half every month from day 1.  It was brutal, many simply never sold enough units to survive that.

Wells has taken over and north point now. Cat uses wells. Dealers don’t care for wells 

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

CC just dropped their pair of 23 RXC's to $11k.

that's a good price for a properly clutched factory race sled.  not a great price yet... 

maybe they should have sponsored an iron dog team with them.  

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that's a good price for a properly clutched factory race sled.  not a great price yet... 

maybe they should have sponsored an iron dog team with them.  

That would be a waste 

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Krom burn! 12 cc thing. Dealer mechanic told me a year before the release. Just giving back.

You're having trouble keeping your lies straight.

You said it was a factory test rider that told you.

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

What? Dealer 1. Expected 15. Sold 22. Dealer 2. Expected 12. Sold 20. These are increasing numbers. Needed?

Huge dealers selling 20 sleds..:mc:

• Like 1