Check your account email address ×

2024 600 class shootout

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

The axys/matryx is by far the best chassis ever out on snow. It’s not even close. 

:nea:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

That’s because you’re a retard….and a giraffe.  Fuck off dork.  :lol:

:thumbsup:

a15459ff-aa83-406c-8be7-2e85294dfd77_tex

27 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Having never thrown a leg over the seat of a catalyst.

Well, to be fair....he does own an Anys so, his opinion is as valid as........his other opinions

:lol: 

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

:nea:

a15459ff-aa83-406c-8be7-2e85294dfd77_tex

:lmao: 

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

:sds:

tenor.gif

:)

I actually pinched my sheaves together yesterday.  Still hasn't left the stand this year.  Lakes are opening up here.  I've never seen this in the 13 years I've been up here.  And can't find anybody that has ever seen this shit.  It's weird as fuck.

• Gold Member

They are spot on about the Doo 600 engine, it’s so perfect and refined that it’s just boring. Oh yea they are also right , the Doo seat is too soft as well. 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I actually pinched my sheaves together yesterday.  Still hasn't left the stand this year.  Lakes are opening up here.  I've never seen this in the 13 years I've been up here.  And can't find anybody that has ever seen this shit.  It's weird as fuck.

I rode two miles around the shop one Saturday... epic fail.  This year is a write-off.

welcome... back?  

C990FEA1-56D1-442B-B0E7-ED61ED3F9CF1.jpeg.33abb765f7ac9c4c282d574360982694.thumb.jpeg.ed4ef1b4525c775fe4e0be86da35c20e.jpeg

or just :stirthepot: ?

:lolz:

• Platinum Contributing Member

Be interesting to see what Poo does for their 50th anniversary.   I'd suspect Doo to have something relatively exciting as well as they never seem to sit on their hands for long. 

Honestly chassis wise I'm not sure where we go for major improvements from here.   Doo and Poo's are both very impressive.   I'm sure the new Cat is as well.  Haven't dirt bikes kind of plateaued as far as that goes as well?  

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I rode two miles around the shop one Saturday... epic fail.  This year is a write-off.

welcome... back?  

C990FEA1-56D1-442B-B0E7-ED61ED3F9CF1.jpeg.33abb765f7ac9c4c282d574360982694.thumb.jpeg.ed4ef1b4525c775fe4e0be86da35c20e.jpeg

:lol: I fucking loved that sled.  Still probably the best trail sled I ever set up.  Can't quite get these doos that dialed for me but, just not enough seat time on either.  I was hoping to really get some good tuning done this year but...pffft.

Just now, Zambroski said:

:lol: I fucking loved that sled.  Still probably the best trail sled I ever set up.  Can't quite get these doos that dialed for me but, just not enough seat time on either.  I was hoping to really get some good tuning done this year but...pffft.

I bet it's well polished... :handjob:

You shouldn't leave a Doo sitting on the stand or the S module will break. 

PS Amsoil is for faggots 

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

welcome... back?  

No trailer??  Trails within a half hour of your house were open for over a week… even better conditions were just a hour south.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

No trailer??  Trails within a half hour of your house were open for over a week… even better conditions were just a hour south.

have a trailer but I refuse to ride in retard focused areas... which you just described perfectly. 

prefer my little isolated island in between. 

Wilson.gif?1683922752

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

have a trailer but I refuse to ride in retard focused areas... which you just described perfectly. 

prefer my little isolated island in between. 

Wilson.gif?1683922752

So riding from Point south through the Lodi Valley and back is considered “retard focused”??

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

So riding from Point south through the Lodi Valley and back is considered “retard focused”??

is it miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles of fields? 

if so, then yes. 

plus... you didn't invite me? 

tenor.gif

I seriously hate riding through fields... ;)

14 hours ago, Rod said:

Sounds like cat has a real contender 

doos chassis from 2008 is getting pretty long in the tooth 

i agree with everything they said

13 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The bigger question is….which is the next mfg to stop build sleds? Because of climate change, sled owners are dropping like flies. Who in their right mind would plunk down that kind of cash? 

This is a thread for snowmobilers not negative boomer cunts so maybe fuck off eh? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

is it miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles of fields? 

if so, then yes. 

plus... you didn't invite me? 

tenor.gif

I seriously hate riding through fields... ;)

Ah yes, you do have a fair number of fields getting out of the Point area and then Lodi Valley is a shit ton of fields… how this year has gone, it really didn’t matter to me if I ran some fields.  500+ in 3.5 days and I would guess it was 50/50 - the Wautoma area is not as much fields.

I’ll be sure to let you know when to load ‘er up next time… even if you'll be bored!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Shocker!  If any sled one rides is “boring” it’s the rider and probably the terrain.  If I’m ever at a point where I think Poo does anything better, I’ve been crippled, both mentally and physically and should leave the sport.

stfu you moron!

2 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Some Guys spend $80-100k on a truck nowadays. 

$15k-20k on a Sled big deal. 

I can get a leftover 850 Switchback right now for $13k . Thinking about it . 

The assault/switchback is the most fun sled I have ever ridden. That is why I never got rid of my 2018 Assault when I bought newer sleds. I dont know why I keep trying to find something better, it hasnt happened lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

The axys/matryx is by far the best chassis ever out on snow. It’s not even close. 

I have three buds back in WI I rode with a lot from '93 to around 2010 when I sortof faded away from the sport.  These three were the most die-hard Cat riders ever.  Like bleed green Cat lovers who'd get new sleds every year or two.  They're all on their second or third Poos in the past 4 years now and have no plans of ever going back.

Cat is the new Yamaha.  Forgotten brand making niche sleds, only without the Yamaha quality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

The assault/switchback is the most fun sled I have ever ridden. That is why I never got rid of my 2018 Assault when I bought newer sleds. I dont know why I keep trying to find something better, it hasnt happened lol

For my trails/riding I feel the same about my Pro S 800. Still haven't ridden anything that I've enjoyed more.

1 minute ago, HSR said:

For my trails/riding I feel the same about my Pro S 800. Still haven't ridden anything that I've enjoyed more.

Actually the Pro S is what brought me to the dark side from Skidoo. I crashed my etec outside of Eagle River so I called my buddy who works at a Polaris dealership and asked him if I brought my sled there for them to fix could he put me on a sled for the weekend. Put me on a brand new 17 pro s shorty. I put 600 miles on it that weekend. What a blast that this was to ride. I bought the assault the following season. Never looked back

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Ah yes, you do have a fair number of fields getting out of the Point area and then Lodi Valley is a shit ton of fields… how this year has gone, it really didn’t matter to me if I ran some fields.  500+ in 3.5 days and I would guess it was 50/50 - the Wautoma area is not as much fields.

I’ll be sure to let you know when to load ‘er up next time… even if you'll be bored!

I passed on the invitation from my buddy down by Waunakee as well... he put on like 600 miles in a couple days, so don't feel slighted.  Just spoiled here with great trails and minimal traffic most normal winters.   Don't even get me started on riding north of Lincoln county on a weekend... suicide mission and the pit stops are far too crowded.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

People who can afford it. :bc:

At least for Northern Wisconsin this is the first really poor year in a quite some time.   They actually have had really good snow years going back to the early 2000's.   4 of the highest totals ever have been since 2010.

https://www.weather.gov/grb/RecordBreakingSnowfallAcrossNorthernWisconsin

The amount of people that can not only afford a new sled, but the expenses of a weekend trip north is getting smaller and smaller. It's great that you have a plush lifestyle and tons of expendable income. Your said group is dwindling fast and ain't coming back. Places like SE and east central Wisconsin has seen less than three weeks of open trails over the last three years. That means a trip north is the only way to ride. That's just not reasonable.