Check your account email address ×

Well today it is official

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The problem here is the trails in NH are not wide enough for the bigger machines. We as s group of about 15 machines and 30 people went up a black diamond trail that has since been closed had little trouble getting the narrow machines through but the big ones got stuck on everything.

What are they getting stuck on? I find with the wider machine im usually only one tire in the ruts and have a easier time because of this.

:dunno:

18 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

What are they getting stuck on? I find with the wider machine im usually only one tire in the ruts and have a easier time because of this.

:dunno:

The trails are narrow in places and rocky with some very steep climbs in places. To be fair the one that got stuck or trapped was a four seater.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The trails are narrow in places and rocky with some very steep climbs in places. To be fair the one that got stuck or trapped was a four seater.

Those 4 seater Can am X3s look really long!

11 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Those 4 seater Can am X3s look really long!

desert machine they are fine but trails they are tough.  polaris xp4 is the most reasonable size wise on trails of the higher performance machines IMO

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

desert machine they are fine but trails they are tough.  polaris xp4 is the most reasonable size wise on trails of the higher performance machines IMO

Have you done any riding in the desert?

9 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I am sure our in the fields or the desert they work great but not around here.

Only place I see them is in the dunes. They are horrible in the desert. I couldn't imagine going over this desert section with one.

Screenshot_20240206_092257.jpg

On 2/4/2024 at 12:00 PM, Carlos Danger said:

I no longer own a snowmobile.  Yes after 20 years I have sold my pristine 2003 F7 Sno pro in Red.   I fully expect the locals to tar and feather me and have me burned at the stake.

Well that was stupid 

3 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Have you done any riding in the desert?

i've ridden both dunes and desert.  not a big fan of dunes although glammis looks better than st anthony where i rode dunes.   i rode outside scottsdale and in those conditions the long wheelbase worked well at speed and i felt the same outside vegas but if i went to johnson valley in the rocky stuff a 2 seater is going to be better.  like sleds every machines a compromise, wheelbase is wanted at speed,  short in the rocks is better.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i've ridden both dunes and desert.  not a big fan of dunes although glammis looks better than st anthony where i rode dunes.   i rode outside scottsdale and in those conditions the long wheelbase worked well at speed and i felt the same outside vegas but if i went to johnson valley in the rocky stuff a 2 seater is going to be better.  like sleds every machines a compromise, wheelbase is wanted at speed,  short in the rocks is better.  

We are starting the AZ peace trail on the 19th. Leaving from Havasu. 

Screenshot_20240201_162823.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Polaris 1000xp 4,  Yammie Rmax4 or Talon4.   i would not do teryx or X3 max.   talons DCT if you fit comfortably in it would prob make it my choice

11 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

in that case i would go 65.  i have had 60 and 65 wide and the 65 wides pretty perfect.   

PXL_20231010_171104803.jpg

Still trying to figure out if this is something we'd want to do.  Probably going to find one out west to rent first.  Have friends that have the Can Am turbos and they have had rotating problems with them, so they are probably off the list.  Leaning towards the Kawi if I can work a deal on a KLR650 as a pair.

10 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

I think the new Kawasaki ridge should be on the list. The Rmax is nice but the wolverine is better around here.

Need 4 person.  Don't think a Ridge has that.

13 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Still trying to figure out if this is something we'd want to do.  Probably going to find one out west to rent first.  Have friends that have the Can Am turbos and they have had rotating problems with them, so they are probably off the list.  Leaning towards the Kawi if I can work a deal on a KLR650 as a pair.

Need 4 person.  Don't think a Ridge has that.

4 person Polaris Expedition is sweet.

Curious what problems they are having with the Can am turbos. 

Edited by Steve753

5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

4 person Polaris Expedition is sweet.

Curious what problems they are having with the Can am turbos. 

They both ended up having turbos replaced under warranty and one of those had and engine shortly thereafter.

Quality dealer that is well known for doing quality work too.  Maybe they missed something on the one turbo issue, maybe not.

Unless it is a Kawi, we'd probably be looking at lightly used.  See a lot of lightly used Talons for what seem to be pretty good prices.

15 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

They both ended up having turbos replaced under warranty and one of those had and engine shortly thereafter.

Quality dealer that is well known for doing quality work too.  Maybe they missed something on the one turbo issue, maybe not.

Unless it is a Kawi, we'd probably be looking at lightly used.  See a lot of lightly used Talons for what seem to be pretty good prices.

Talons are lacking in power seems to be the consensus ive heard about them.

27 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Talons are lacking in power seems to be the consensus ive heard about them.

Our SxS history is a Ranger 500, Prowler 500, and Prowler Pro.  

Almost anything has more power then those.

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Our SxS history is a Ranger 500, Prowler 500, and Prowler Pro.  

Almost anything has more power then those.

Gotcha.

We have a 2019 Maverick Sport 1000R ( 2 seater) and the things a blast. The trails are open year-round here and no use for a sled unless you want to trailer for hours to find good snow. I'll be putting in a heater and door panels and start using it in the winter. We have a trip planned late Aug/Sept for 10 days with 7 sxs"s to Newfoundland. We're trailering and unloading the machines and boarding the ferry and doing a big loop and back on the ferry. It should be a hoot with good friends

18 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We have a 2019 Maverick Sport 1000R ( 2 seater) and the things a blast. The trails are open year-round here and no use for a sled unless you want to trailer for hours to find good snow. I'll be putting in a heater and door panels and start using it in the winter. We have a trip planned late Aug/Sept for 10 days with 7 sxs"s to Newfoundland. We're trailering and unloading the machines and boarding the ferry and doing a big loop and back on the ferry. It should be a hoot with good friends

I did a tour of newfoundland last summer on my MC. The bugs were brutal, but it was still a great trip.

:bc:

• Like 1

Picked sportsman up this fall.

looking forward to taking out to black hills this summer!

need to get skid plates and elka shocks installed before trip!!

IMG_1503.jpeg

• Like 1