Check your account email address ×

Spring is coming early...

Going to be in the 50’s by next week.  One week of winter here so far. Another year with no ice or winter fest. 

Had a guy come in a week ago with a bunch of sleds for sale.  I would of bought one, just to have something to play with for the grandkids.  what’s the point? Do nothing but take up space for 50 weeks a year. 

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

That bastard lol……….Don't look at next weeks temps :wall:

I already did....3 days in the 40s up here. You must have some 50s in your forecast :wall:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

I already did....3 days in the 40s up here. You must have some 50s in your forecast :wall:

Sadly yes high 40s low 50s fucking sucks ass supposed to be leaving Houlton to do the gaspe in a couple weeks it’s not looking promising 😢.

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

So true, lol

Yup!  I remember one year we drove up into UP to ride for a week.  Maybe a dusting on the ground when we got there. Not even enough to get sleds off trailer.  🙄

luckily it snowed all night and the next day.  Turned into a great trip, but would of been long week had it not. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yup!  I remember one year we drove up into UP to ride for a week.  Maybe a dusting on the ground when we got there. Not even enough to get sleds off trailer.  🙄

luckily it snowed all night and the next day.  Turned into a great trip, but would of been long week had it not. 

One year we rode from Newberry to Brimley in the rain and the next day a blizzard came thru and we rode back to Newberry in the blizzard. The Casio in Brimley didn't have any rooms available and 25 or 30 people on a waiting list, so what the he'll we've got all day and all night if need be to make it back to Newberry or just run the roads back.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Most strong El Nino years are really shitty in the MW so while this is worst than expected I figured it was going to be a down year.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

We had over 30" and now we are brown.  :baby:

We've had snow on the ground since early December. But that hasn't translated into good coverage for the trails to be open the entire time or great conditions when they are.

For the Northwoods riders....keep your heads up....3 of the top 5 snowiest winters on record came in the past 10 years. 

There were some very thin years up north in the 80's early 90's.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1