Check your account email address ×

Login to View part deux

I've been thinking about this and maybe its not such a bad plan .......maybe we should put it to a vote...just for CE

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

I'm in favor of it being required. 

My .02

I think it should be left up to a vote of CM's here .....if CKF approves of that. Again , just for the CE portion of the site. It may hinder slightly the random guy joining because he was trolling and decided to post but probably not too much

• Platinum Contributing Member

Or add a rule outlawing the big bad "N" word and keep the forum open. Give a timeout or permanent boot to who break it. :dunno: Depends on what you guys don't want the general public to see I guess but I figured the openly racist posts are part of the reason this is brought up again.

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Or add a rule outlawing the big bad "N" word and keep the forum open. Give a timeout or permanent boot to who break it. :dunno: Depends on what you guys don't want the general public to see I guess but I figured the openly racist posts are part of the reason this is brought up again.

Well, not needlessly drawing outside attention from a SJW or the like would be a good idea.

But when you're an anonymous troll like a few here I guess it doesn't really matter.

8 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Nope , I dont want the forum to a a filter ....fuck that shit. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Nope , I dont want the forum to a a filter ....fuck that shit. 

Sounds like we either filter what people say or Filter what people see. :dunno: 

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Sounds like we either filter what people say or Filter what people see. :dunno: 

I dont give a fuck what people who arent members here can see .......an open unmoderated forum where anything goes is the best thing we have. It doesnt necessarily need to be viewed by those not participating though 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont give a fuck what people who arent members here can see .......an open unmoderated forum where anything goes is the best thing we have. It doesnt necessarily need to be viewed by those not participating though 

On the bold I agree! On the rest it sounds like just leave it the way it is and roll with it :bc: 

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I belong to a few sites where you have to be a member to view pictures. Just an idea. :pc:This picture was added to draw attention to the racist problem that is on this site.:lol2:

IMG_2613.JPG

:lol: MC approved 

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

On the bold I agree! On the rest it sounds like just leave it the way it is and roll with it :bc: 

Just having the CE forum log in to view would be ok in my opinion. Someone googled "f7ben" the other day and was laughing about the shit that came up. There was tons of fucked up shit that had nothing to do with me that came up because of the bots and shit that is posted on open forums

Isn't everything in the CE though?  What's left if the CE gets closed to outsiders?  What will draw new people in?  I see the point but there is growth and revenue involved.  Maybe go up on CM registrations to help?  Hey..nothing wrong with private forum if that's what is agreed on...and of course, ownership can achieve their goals, which, needs to be addressed first.  These forums aren't free to run...and they take some time to manage.

I'm not opposed to going private...but don't care. 

My .02

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Isn't everything in the CE though?  What's left if the CE gets closed to outsiders?  What will draw new people in?  I see the point but there is growth and revenue involved.  Maybe go up on CM registrations to help?  Hey..nothing wrong with private forum if that's what is agreed on...and of course, ownership can achieve their goals, which, needs to be addressed first.  These forums aren't free to run...and they take some time to manage.

I'm not opposed to going private...but don't care. 

My .02

Its not closed to outsiders ....you just cant view content until you sign up and log in.......thats not asking much. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its not closed to outsiders ....you just cant view content until you sign up and log in.......thats not asking much. 

No, I see what you are saying.  My point was when you "close" it to outsiders, there is no way for them to see any content.  And I don't think there is a way to even know this place exists.  Separating it out would makes sense I guess but we need to have enough content (members) to still draw new eyes.  Maybe have a closed shit-show for CM's only?  But again...what else would that leave?

I don't know.  Like I said, I see benefits to doing both.  It really needs to make sense for ownership though. 

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No, I see what you are saying.  My point was when you "close" it to outsiders, there is no way for them to see any content.  And I don't think there is a way to even know this place exists.  Separating it out would makes sense I guess but we need to have enough content (members) to still draw new eyes.  Maybe have a closed shit-show for CM's only?  But again...what else would that leave?

I don't know.  Like I said, I see benefits to doing both.  It really needs to make sense for ownership though. 

I dont think anyone is just randomly stumbling across this place and joining. It is pretty well known to exist over on the other sites 

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

I dont think anyone is just randomly stumbling across this place and joining. It is pretty well known to exist over on the other sites 

Actually, that is kinda how it happens.  Somebody is searching something and the site comes up.  What happens after that is up to them but at least they were exposed. Or, should I say infected? :lol:

Not arguing to argue...just making a case for the other side too.  Fact is, if you make it private, nobody knows it's here.  Shit...even TBP....I had no idea at all how to get to it...in fact, google didn't even pull it up if I remember right.  Somebody here had to give me a link to finally get on...and of course, I had to sign up to view.

Hey...I'm for it...or really don't care one way or another.  It's up to management.

• Gold Member

Can this filter be applied to Momorider and Momorider alone? Maybe make it say "Momorider eats shit for breakfast" every time he posts some thing crockpot and shortshit dont like? 

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

Can this filter be applied to Momorider and Momorider alone? Maybe make it say "Momorider eats shit for breakfast" every time he posts some thing crockpot and shortshit dont like? 

What we run into here is rules and censorship to stay within those rules.  I am for that also.  I think this place is a bit short on rules for what it is.  But that's not up to me...and I play along here like everyone else.  I don't know.  It'd really be nice to start building more of a sledding forum I guess.  Maybe if we can attract more of those?  Problem is...I think that was a seperate forum but it all get's burried so far beneath the CE shit-show...that none of it comes up.  I think we all go to "activity" to see what is going on.

Shit....I don't know. I'm all for making this place better.  But I don't have any skin in the game...and that makes the difference.