Check your account email address ×

Brrr, it's too cold for the boomers to go outside today!

9 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Minus 10 here earlier today, still minus 7 right now..going out Snow plowing in a bit with 1 of my ATV's.

you're good... as long as you aren't driving to Iowa to give people rides to caucus.  

:)

• Haha 2

Just now, Mainecat said:

So it starts at a dark 7 PM, 23 below zero night. Should go over well.

maybe it will kill more boomers than covid did? 

here's to hopin' 

:bc:

• Haha 1

-40°c/-40°f here this morning and has been on both sides of that since Thursday of last week

5 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

-37 this morning in mt. Warming up nicely today, only -21 right now in Kalispell 

20240115_054824.jpg

Bullshit... It says 6 on the right side of the screen. 

:roflcrying:

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

So it starts at a dark 7 PM, 23 below zero night. Should go over well.

You don't know Iowan's very well. 

3 hours ago, Tomas. said:

-40°c/-40°f here this morning and has been on both sides of that since Thursday of last week

I’ve seen -40 where everything seems to start fine if it’s plugged in. But also -40 or more where the only thing that would start was the old 380 formula S after about 15 primes, it was all it could do to get to get the track spinning off the ground and the seat was like a block of cement 

not really sure how cold that was though because seem most gauges stop at -40 

17 minutes ago, Rod said:

I’ve seen -40 where everything seems to start fine if it’s plugged in. But also -40 or more where the only thing that would start was the old 380 formula S after about 15 primes, it was all it could do to get to get the track spinning off the ground and the seat was like a block of cement 

not really sure how cold that was though because seem most gauges stop at -40 

Been a bit of both this time. I have a 2001 Toyota Celsior (Lexus LS 430) that doesn't have a block heater or anything, not even room to put an oil pan heater, it started every time. Didn't like it but it did. Meanwhile the wife's 2004 Forester has a battery blanket and a oil pan heater and even though it rolls over fast, it will not fire. 

I tried to fire up my old 1993 3.0 ranger plow truck and it wouldn't fire up either.

7 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Been a bit of both this time. I have a 2001 Toyota Celsior (Lexus LS 430) that doesn't have a block heater or anything, not even room to put an oil pan heater, it started every time. Didn't like it but it did. Meanwhile the wife's 2004 Forester has a battery blanket and a oil pan heater and even though it rolls over fast, it will not fire. 

I tried to fire up my old 1993 3.0 ranger plow truck and it wouldn't fire up either.

One time my 2015 Dmax started at -38 not plugged in lol

my 6.6 gas starts good now that I put in the extra battery. It just wouldn’t turn over in the cold. Once it would crank it would fire right up 

6.6L high compression gas engine and GM had one little battery in there. Idiots. 

5 hours ago, Cat45 said:

-37 this morning in mt. Warming up nicely today, only -21 right now in Kalispell 

20240115_054824.jpg

Damn that’s cold. I got a lifelong friend that lives in Kalispell. :bc:

I remember this well, none of my vehicles would start:

(WFRV) – Winters are often described as brutal in Wisconsin. Some years are worse than others. To start the month of February in 1996, the most brutally cold temperature was ever recorded in the state of Wisconsin.

The Village of Couderay lies in Sawyer County in Wisconsin. Clear skies on the night of February 3, 1996, allowed temperatures to drop across much of the Midwest. On February 4, 1996, Couderay recorded a temperature of -55. This is the lowest temperature recorded in Wisconsin state history.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I remember this well, none of my vehicles would start:

(WFRV) – Winters are often described as brutal in Wisconsin. Some years are worse than others. To start the month of February in 1996, the most brutally cold temperature was ever recorded in the state of Wisconsin.

The Village of Couderay lies in Sawyer County in Wisconsin. Clear skies on the night of February 3, 1996, allowed temperatures to drop across much of the Midwest. On February 4, 1996, Couderay recorded a temperature of -55. This is the lowest temperature recorded in Wisconsin state history.

Think I was up in stone lake that winter!!

Not sure what it is about that Hayward stone lake area but it gets damn cold!

always colder than other area of Wi!!!