Check your account email address ×

Like old Triples?

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Those things are notorious for the water pump seal eating thorough the water pump shaft then starts seeping antifreeze into the case and grenades the entire engine 

mike miller makes a stainless shaft that supposedly fixes it for good.  But many of those big cats got grenaded cause the water pump shaft is soft shit metal and rots even when sitting 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, Rod said:

Those things are notorious for the water pump seal eating thorough the water pump shaft then starts seeping antifreeze into the case and grenades the entire engine 

mike miller makes a stainless shaft that supposedly fixes it for good.  But many of those big cats got grenaded cause the water pump shaft is soft shit metal and rots even when sitting 

Do the 600 trips have the same issue?

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Do the 600 trips have the same issue?

Not sure if they do, the 800/900/1000 are all the same engine family and the 600 is different altogether 

46 minutes ago, nascarmike said:

900/1000 had the counter balance shaft didn't they?

1000 does, not sure about the 900. I know you can bolt 1000 jugs on an 800 and it makes a 1004 

35 minutes ago, Rod said:

1000 does, not sure about the 900. I know you can bolt 1000 jugs on an 800 and it makes a 1004 

I had a 96, and I think that had one. Liked the sled, but it was one year before the ETT. Hard on the back in bumpy trails.

T-Cat.JPG

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Highmark said:

Picked this up last week.   Can't believe what he let it go for.  98's in this kind of shape are hard to come by.

20240106_192710_resized.jpg

20240106_192720_resized.jpg

20240106_192812_resized.jpg

how much was the sales tax?  

:lol: 

nice looking unit @Highmark :thumbsup:

16 hours ago, Highmark said:

Really only one I have left that I want right now is an 01-03 XCR 800.  Really only willing to buy sleds in very good shape and willing to pay if they are good enough.  I need to stop doubling up on the models I already have and hold out for the Polaris. 

I would love to buy one also, getting difficult to find the clean ones and they fetch a good buck. 

37 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I would love to buy one also, getting difficult to find the clean ones and they fetch a good buck. 

I had every year 1999-2003. 3 of them I modded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nascarmike said:

I had a 96, and I think that had one. Liked the sled, but it was one year before the ETT. Hard on the back in bumpy trails.

T-Cat.JPG

I started snowmobiling in '96 and I wanted one of those so bad but I was only 15 at the time and no way I could have afforded one. I did have '97 EXT 580 deluxe EFI which looked like the one next to that 900 though.

• Like 1

96-97, and 99+ doo triples just skyrocketing in price 

gen 2 XCR are out of control. Ultras have gone up. So have storms. But the Polaris egregious chassis is still low lol 

1 minute ago, Rod said:

96-97, and 99+ doo triples just skyrocketing in price 

gen 2 XCR are out of control. Ultras have gone up. So have storms. But the Polaris egregious chassis is still low lol 

I've seen a few 98 Mike Houle Mach Zs going for some good coin.

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I've seen a few 99 Mike Houle Mach Zs going for some good coin.

11 hours ago, Rod said:

Yep I always change them out.

11 hours ago, nascarmike said:

900/1000 had the counter balance shaft didn't they?

Yes.

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

I bought this one from my friend last year. He didn't ride much and decided to sell it.  Didn't plan on buying another sled but didn't want to see that one go to someone else.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

My 1253 Lake Race class.

XCR 1253 with new lightweight frontend 001.JPG

FYI, you appear to be missing the clutch access plug, Polaris part # 5410344.  That could affect the aero, I’d at least put some black duct tape on there if nothing else.  

29 minutes ago, Plissken said:

FYI, you appear to be missing the clutch access plug, Polaris part # 5410344.  That could affect the aero, I’d at least put some black duct tape on there if nothing else.  

That hole has been cut much bigger to access the MicroBelmont primary, I have a plug for the hole when I'm out racing.

Edit:

The MicroBelmont clutch has a belt clearance adjuster ring visable in the pic I posted, the cover and outer sheave also can come apart while leaving the stationary sheave still mounted to the crank PTO end, in order to remove the movable sheave and Spider the hole needed to be cut a larger diameter.

Edited by XCR1250
  • Like 3