Check your account email address ×

Extended forecast for Northeast looks bleak

3 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Was there also a story about how lack of snow has increased tensions on Freedomsledder.com? :lol:

That happens every day on Here, just say Hi to someone.............. :lolz:

• Haha 3

I just looked again this morning and they are calling for 2 to 5 here. Half of an inch of rain is still in the forecast for Wednesday.

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Many new sleds for sale. Weather sucks for everyone.

2 of my team bought new sleds a few weeks back. Prob should have waited and prices will drop. One is sitting at dealer in Ft Kent waiting for snow

• Sad 1

• Gold Member
24 minutes ago, ckf said:

I just looked again this morning and they are calling for 2 to 5 here. Half of an inch of rain is still in the forecast for Wednesday.

Probably end up with a useless 10" here in NW CT only to rain and be 50 two days later :bashhead:

If the extended forecast doesn't change it doesn't look like there will be any riding here until at least after mid January.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’ll take it even if it only stays around for a couple day. Depressing look at brown grass in January.IMG_4845.jpeg.b53dde1ce73a7deaa8935bb8cd6b9abc.jpegIMG_4846.gif.26cfba0fc5d950505d9efb78bcd4e1dc.gif

If you get out there quick enough you can ride the rail trail before it gets turned to dirt by the sleds :dunno:

• Gold Member
Just now, ckf said:

If you get out there quick enough you can ride the rail trail before it gets turned to dirt by the sleds :dunno:

It was awesome at my old house right on the rail trail I’d be the first out every storm lol. I gotta clear out the snow first before I can trailer down there now so most times it’s not worth the time for a couple miles of shit conditions. I’ll ride around the yard unless we actually get a foot of wetter snow that packs good.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

It was awesome at my old house right on the rail trail I’d be the first out every storm lol. I gotta clear out the snow first before I can trailer down there now so most times it’s not worth the time for a couple miles of shit conditions. I’ll ride around the yard unless we actually get a foot of wetter snow that packs good.

When I live in Fitzwilliam we could ride from the house all the way to walpole. Probably damn near anywhere from there. Never went further thou

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

When I live in Fitzwilliam we could ride from the house all the way to walpole. Probably damn near anywhere from there. Never went further thou

Nice it use to be a good riding area now it’s a dead zone due to trail closures. Biggest ride we did outta there was a border to border backpack trip one year from my old place in Jaffrey up to Pittsburg and back in 2 days. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

Nice it use to be a good riding area now it’s a dead zone due to trail closures. Biggest ride we did outta there was a border to border backpack trip one year from my old place in Jaffrey up to Pittsburg and back in 2 days. 

I did a trip from Ossipee to Errol for lunch. Then over to Colebrook and down to Lincoln for dinner before heading back to Ossipee. It took about 14 hours and was right around 350 miles. That was the most miles that I put on in a day and it was in NH :lol:

• Like 2

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, ckf said:

I did a trip from Ossipee to Errol for lunch. Then over to Colebrook and down to Lincoln for dinner before heading back to Ossipee. It took about 14 hours and was right around 350 miles. That was the most miles that I put on in a day and it was in NH :lol:

It’s hard to do that kinda mileage in a day in NH. That’s a lot of miles for NH 👍. That border to border run we did was like 320-330 each way but a long ass day 6am-11pm trails below the notch are slow going lol.

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

It’s hard to do that kinda mileage in a day in NH. That’s a lot of miles for NH 👍. That border to border run we did was like 320-330 each way but a long ass day 6am-11pm trails below the notch are slow going lol.

We did it midweek. I'd say 70 percent of the trails were in good shape. We left around 8 and got home around 10.

• Like 1