Check your account email address ×

SSFB weekend thread

SSFB

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

It should be “Doctor Derp” :lol:

SSFB. What trail permits do you need and do you need to register the sled out there.  We'd be coming from Wisconsin if things don't turn around soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doug said:

SSFB. What trail permits do you need and do you need to register the sled out there.  We'd be coming from Wisconsin if things don't turn around soon.

I wasn’t sure so I just looked it up. Apparently you don’t need anything as long as your sled is licensed in your state.

https://gfp.sd.gov/snowmobiling/

At this point I would say don’t come unless you’re coming soon and riding midweek. Trails are going to need snow badly by next weekend. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I wasn’t sure so I just looked it up. Apparently you don’t need anything as long as your sled is licensed in your state.

https://gfp.sd.gov/snowmobiling/

At this point I would say don’t come unless you’re coming soon and riding midweek. Trails are going to need snow badly by next weekend. 

Couple drinks and some depressed snowmobile owners is a bad combination along with looking at your pics.  Time for the next shoot of Old Smokey salted caramel whiskey.

This is what I found.

Screenshot_20231230_190833_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Not sure. Ill try and remember to ask him

I am mostly in the Delaware now but once in a while we head down the C&D and we regularly get boats up this way from the Chesapeake 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HSR said:

Nice pics @SSFB:bc:. Hey @SSFB you can smoke in bars there?

(tagged you in case you missed my posts :lol:)

I built a smoke room in my basement with a pro vent system. It’s behind the bar…lol

Tonights selection..

44.00 for 10

IMG_1954.jpeg

Edited by Mainecat
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 9:02 PM, SSFB said:

Sunset as I was coming into Rapid City.

xrQ8CML.jpeg

Our paths probly crossed about that time. I was heading east out of rapid at sundown after delivering in custer. Was about 14deg fri morning in custer and 50 in rapid a few hrs later. Crazy weather out there 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I am mostly in the Delaware now but once in a while we head down the C&D and we regularly get boats up this way from the Chesapeake 

Motored right by there on the way back from Baltimore last spring. Cape May is always a treat lol

• Gold Member
15 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Motored right by there on the way back from Baltimore last spring. Cape May is always a treat lol

That big green restaurant at Cape. May, forget its name, but it's awesome for drinks!

I didn’t take many pics today. Had breakfast at Rec Springs and then took Trail 5A (lots of rocks) to trail 7A to trail 7 and then 2c to trail 5 to 6 to 2a into Trailshead. This route had a lot of low snow conditions. 

7P10C2A.jpeg

My fuel pump started making noise about 40 miles into the ride. I took a straight line back to the truck when the fuel pump issue started.  I’m gonna have to take it into the dealer to check it out. 90 miles on the day. The sled ran fine but the fuel pump noise was audible the entire time. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I didn’t take many pics today. Had breakfast at Rec Springs and then took Trail 5A (lots of rocks) to trail 7A to trail 7 and then 2c to trail 5 to 6 to 2a into Trailshead. This route had a lot of low snow conditions. 

7P10C2A.jpeg

My fuel pump started making noise about 40 miles into the ride. I took a straight line back to the truck when the fuel pump issue started.  I’m gonna have to take it into the dealer to check it out. 90 miles on the day. The sled ran fine but the fuel pump noise was audible the entire time. 

The fuel sock is getting plugged and starting to starve the pump.  New fuel sock and you'll be fine.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

So reasonable snow conditions out there?

Half of the trails are good, the other half are fair to poor.