Check your account email address ×

Joe’s Economy…

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Not in 19 when I bought it...

I keep my vehicles for years no way would I buy either the Ford or chevy time bombs that can't hold a converter.  My last truck was a Tundra. Unfortunately, the Tundra was very dated in 19 when I bought...it was the same truck as I had with BNG

for you ram owners that keep them forever to save from future issues. Just came across this retarded design pulling bed off a 19 tradesman…gasket on bottom back of bed between cab/bed holds debris and rubs the cab no protection from rubbing other than the paint. This one’s already rusting to a future hole….rip that stupid gasket out.IMG_4604.thumb.jpeg.263adcd155ece714a0ca2348800d5de7.jpegIMG_4602.thumb.jpeg.bc118940e1cb093cc8548b0d3da57ae9.jpeg

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I really liked my megacab. Wish they came in a long bed.

This was a base work model, 1980's interior. Fucking thing went through back tires like a mofo too!!! Damn youngin's at work ( not that I EVER did any burnouts,uh,uh )

43 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

for you ram owners that keep them forever to save from future issues. Just came across this retarded design pulling bed off a 19 tradesman…gasket on bottom back of bed between cab/bed holds debris and rubs the cab no protection from rubbing other than the paint. This one’s already rusting to a future hole….rip that stupid gasket out.IMG_4604.thumb.jpeg.263adcd155ece714a0ca2348800d5de7.jpegIMG_4602.thumb.jpeg.bc118940e1cb093cc8548b0d3da57ae9.jpeg

I helped a buddy change a taillight assembly on a 14 Silverado...it was caked with sand, and road debris.  No wonder they all rust so fast. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I helped a buddy change a taillight assembly on a 14 Silverado...it was caked with sand, and road debris.  No wonder they all rust so fast. 

Nothing rots like a Ram. They might as well come stock with fender flares. You will need them to hide the rust in a few years anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Nothing rots like a Ram. They might as well come stock with fender flares. You will need them to hide the rust in a few years anyway.

I've seen differently around here the chevys are the worst.  My last chevy was an 09 2500 with a 6.0 great truck other than the rockers, cab corners, door bottoms, rear fenders, brake lines, trans lines and all the other things that rotted off that truck. 

Edited by SkisNH

4 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I've seen differently around here the chevys are the worst.  My last chevy was an 09 2500 with a 6.0 great truck other than the rockers, cab corners, door bottoms, rear fenders, brake lines, trans lines and all the other things that rotted off that truck. 

I thought you said you keep trucks for ever? Yet you had a Tundra in between your present truck and the Chev. I think you're  telling stories. :lol:

• Gold Member
27 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Ya seen that a lot the gmc/chevys behind the taillights rot like crazy for some reason.. Definitely pull lights and fluid film if you own one and plan to keep it.

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

lol. Rams rot so bad over the bed they were kind enough to separate the wheelhouse in two sections so you don’t have to fuck up the bed liner when you weld in a new wheel house like say on a chebby.

IMG_4681.jpeg

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

lol. Rams rot so bad over the bed they were kind enough to separate the wheelhouse in two sections so you don’t have to fuck up the bed liner when you weld in a new wheel house like say on a chebby.

IMG_4681.jpeg

Brutal. I had 01 chev 3500 that had the rockers rot out in less than 4 years from new. Dealer replaced them under warranty. 

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Brutal. I had 01 chev 3500 that had the rockers rot out in less than 4 years from new. Dealer replaced them under warranty. 

Ya I remember doing a shit load of those when I first started. You’d think after 100 years of building these things they’d figure out how to make them not rot to hell in a few years. I’ll give the Germans that at least they load up every cavity with some sort of rust protection.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Ya I remember doing a shit load of those when I first started. You’d think after 100 years of building these things they’d figure out how to make them not rot to hell in a few years. I’ll give the Germans that at least they load up every cavity with some sort of rust protection.

Late 90's ford did something with them that was great . Must have realized they will sell less trucks if they dont rot. 

Here is a pic of a 97 f250 that was a plow truck from the first yr. In this pic it probably had about 175,000 miles on it.

97250.JPG

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Steve753 said:

I thought you said you keep trucks for ever? Yet you had a Tundra in between your present truck and the Chev. I think you're  telling stories. :lol:

No stories...I've said this many times on here. When Trump gave us the LLC pass through deduction I saved more than 20k in taxes and I bought the Ram as a gift to myself.  Better than having the govt waste it on nonsense. 

15 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Late 90's ford did something with them that was great . Must have realized they will sell less trucks if they dont rot. 

Here is a pic of a 97 f250 that was a plow truck from the first yr. In this pic it probably had about 175,000 miles on it.

97250.JPG

I had a 95 Supercab Powersmoke in that same flavor.  Along with a couple 450 chassis pump trucks.  Plowed all winter and towed 3-4 days a week for 5 years with that thing, had almost 200k on it when I sold it.  Other than front end parts, it was a beast and a good truck.  Upgraded to a 99 F350 after that

2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

No stories...I've said this many times on here. When Trump gave us the LLC pass through deduction I saved more than 20k in taxes and I bought the Ram as a gift to myself.  Better than having the govt waste it on nonsense. 

Oops…another gotcha attempt  failed. At some point you think he would try another approach.😂

• Like 1

Just now, EvilBird said:

I drive shit forever , 12 years same truck. 17 years same car.  :read:

I've miled up some vehicles close to 200k, but I start getting bored after 5 years.  I'm gonna get another German something or other here in a year or two and just park the pickup.  That I might keep longer, cuz they generally last longer and don't rust compared to the American stuff.

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I've miled up some vehicles close to 200k, but I start getting bored after 5 years.  I'm gonna get another German something or other here in a year or two and just park the pickup.  That I might keep longer, cuz they generally last longer and don't rust compared to the American stuff.

Most people do get bored . I just dont care about the new shit I guess. My truck is comfortable still , everyone in town knows its me, Cops dont even look twice at me which is nice. If the trans or engine finally dies I'll replace em and still keep it as a backup. Rust is starting to get worse finally but the truck is a 2002 so to be expected. I will probably pick up a newer 3/4 ton better for towing the Boat next. Gasser tho , no diesel.  

I just buy motorcycles every couple years instead those I get bored with a lot faster :lol:

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Most people do get bored . I just dont care about the new shit I guess. My truck is comfortable still , everyone in town knows its me, Cops dont even look twice at me which is nice. If the trans or engine finally dies I'll replace em and still keep it as a backup. Rust is starting to get worse finally but the truck is a 2002 so to be expected. I will probably pick up a newer 3/4 ton better for towing the Boat next. Gasser tho , no diesel.  

I just buy motorcycles every couple years instead those I get bored with a lot faster :lol:

I run everything till about 200k . I see some of my competitors with 3-4 1 or 2 yr old 3/4 ton 4x4's . Fuck that , Im not paying $2k a month iin truck payments.

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

I run everything till about 200k . I see some of my competitors with 3-4 1 or 2 yr old 3/4 ton 4x4's . Fuck that , Im not paying $2k a month iin truck payments.

Yeah I cant do it. Ill keep saving. I got some buddies who constantly get brand new $60-80k pickups always making payments. These Guys use em like Minivans to cart kids around.    No reason they need a truck like that other than "look at me". 

Then they bitch about gas prices and taxes :lol:

17 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

97250.JPG

I still have a soft spot for o.b.s Fords. My brother still has his 96 F250 460 5 speed, it's kinda his farm truck now that the rust has gotten to it. It was a Utah truck and was mint when he bought it many years ago.

1 minute ago, Sled_Hed said:

I still have a soft spot for o.b.s Fords. My brother still has his 96 F250 460 5 speed, it's kinda his farm truck now that the rust has gotten to it. It was a Utah truck and was mint when he bought it many years ago.

A neighbor of mine is a logger. He has a late 90's that he works out of and a 96 f-250 and 96 bronco as daily drivers. Work truck looks like a work truck. Other 2 look like they did when they were 2 yrs old.

• Like 1

Can any of our resident Pro Biden members point to specific legislation that has been positive for the economy and how it has been with links of proof?  It should be really easy to show and prove. 

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Saw this last year at the grass drags in NH . Guy from a few towns over from me in CT . Thing was MINT. 

588CA2C2-9BF0-4F59-9BC7-2A4EC6C983ED.jpeg

• Like 3