Check your account email address ×

Better than Christmas

f7ben

Our league plays on Diamond tables and all the guys on my team have upgraded their tables as well.  Definitely makes you a better player.  It’s always fun when you get asked to play a few games on a bar table which are almost all Valley’s.

52 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Having my pool table professionally recovered and the cushions changed as well. Diamond cushions and Simonis 860 cloth. Gonna be so awesome. Cushions showed up today and cloth should be here tomorrow and hopefully table mechanic can get here this weekend. 

7D3A4EF8-B174-4B67-8A7D-82B646123B8E.jpeg

Nice Benny. Post some pics when it’s done. :bc:

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

Our league plays on Diamond tables and all the guys on my team have upgraded their tables as well.  Definitely makes you a better player.  It’s always fun when you get asked to play a few games on a bar table which are almost all Valley’s.

My table is a Sam K Bison. It’s a really interesting design. Far closer to a Diamond than a typical bar box but much different as well. 

38 minutes ago, Rod said:

Smesh is with mega English 

Yes

33 minutes ago, gravy davey said:

Butt sex?   @f7ben  :lol:

Not on my new felt

24 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Nice Benny. Post some pics when it’s done. :bc:

For sure 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Sticking with green cloth? 

That’s electric blue on it currently and I stuck with simonis tournament blue

3 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

My table stayed in my last house when we moved to the lake....I wish we could have made it work in this place.  Olhausen with simonis, beautiful woodwork. 

Same here , I had a very nice custom 8’ table in my last house and I couldn’t move it. The new owners wanted it so that was fine. Pool tables are like custom furniture. They have no value because they suck to move. I’ve moved several though and done enough table work that it doesn’t bother me. I don’t think I’ll let this table go though. I enjoy playing on it and it’s pretty unique. Never seen or heard of another one. They never caught on in the states 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Trying to get rid of pool table that came with my house.....told neighbors if they know anyone to just take it.   Not much of a pool player and want to free up more space....... I don't think anyone's in the mood to move this thing, No wonder it came with the house:lmao:

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Trying to get rid of pool table that came with my house.....told neighbors if they know anyone to just take it.   Not much of a pool player and want to free up more space....... I don't think anyone's in the mood to move this thing, No wonder it came with the house:lmao:

What is it?

I have a 9ft Black Crown coming once the basement is finished. The subfloor has pads under it where the legs will sit and the wiring is up for the light. I'm going with the tournament blue Simonis. It's going in that corner and will have plenty of room. 

20231114_141947.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I have a 9ft Black Crown coming once the basement is finished. The subfloor has pads under it where the legs will sit and the wiring is up for the light. I'm going with the tournament blue Simonis. It's going in that corner and will have plenty of room. 

20231114_141947.jpg

What's the span of that beam looks to be a pretty wide area.  Basement looks like it will be nice and cozy when done with the floors and the icf walls

Have had many tables given to me over the years I just had to get them out of the basement!!Have recovered and moved thousands of them over the years!!

No wonder my back is sore!!Some nice old tables out there!!Diamond tables sure seem the one to have now.Pain in the ass to move though compared to valley!!

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, f7ben said:

What is it?

I don't even know:lmao:

This is the only pic I have of it when I was redoing my flooring... Had to use a car jack to get the laminate underneath.  Table has always been covered has red felt But not sure of the make ...I'll have to check next time out.

20230727_151809.jpg

5 minutes ago, dsupercat said:

What's the span of that beam looks to be a pretty wide area.  Basement looks like it will be nice and cozy when done with the floors and the icf walls

The beam is 30ft long and the supports are integrated into the staircase so no exposed posts. The area is almost 30x 20 in that corner.

24 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I don't even know:lmao:

This is the only pic I have of it when I was redoing my flooring... Had to use a car jack to get the laminate underneath.  Table has always been covered has red felt But not sure of the make ...I'll have to check next time out.

20230727_151809.jpg

Looks good! The builder asked me where the table was going and with the 1.5" Styrofoam under the sheathing he put in the pads for the legs. 

2 hours ago, X2700 said:

Have had many tables given to me over the years I just had to get them out of the basement!!Have recovered and moved thousands of them over the years!!

No wonder my back is sore!!Some nice old tables out there!!Diamond tables sure seem the one to have now.Pain in the ass to move though compared to valley!!

I’ll take some pics of this table when I have it apart for you. The entire rail assembly is extruded aluminum with the rails and cushions mounted to the aluminum on a similar fashion to how a Diamond is. Same cushion profile as well. The rail assembly is hinged on one side and latched down to the slate at each pocket. It can be lifted on the hinges by releasing latches and it has gas shocks like a car hood. The one piece 1” slate bed sits on two aluminum bars on either end of the table that have jacking bolts. The slate is not leveled with the adjustable feet. The box is set and leveled and then the fine adjustment is done with the jacking bolts. 

The table is coin op but has no mechanical parts. When a coin is dropped in it actuates a small stepper motor which rolls the ball return and releases the balls. It’s a cool design. If it weren’t for the idiotic cost to purchase new I’m guessing they would have really caught on in league rooms. 

• Like 1