Check your account email address ×

T minus...

why is it so difficult to get women to prepare for a trip to a remote island in the tropics for a week? 

I could live out of a small backpack for an entire month, and have. 

Oh well... T minus five days and we're toes in the sand.  

🌴 ⛱️ 🌞 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

why is it so difficult to get women to prepare for a trip to a remote island in the tropics for a week? 

🌴 ⛱️ 🌞 

Toes in the water……ass in the sand. 
Not a worry in the world, cold beer in my hand. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Heading on vacation bro?

yes, long long overdue family vacation in the Bahamas for a week.  hopefully coming back to snow and riding season, as I loathe the in between time between lake season and riding season.  picked up a travel fishing pole for fun and have lures to see if I can draw sharks into the swimming areas.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yes, long long overdue family vacation in the Bahamas for a week.  hopefully coming back to snow and riding season, as I loathe the in between time between lake season and riding season.  picked up a travel fishing pole for fun and have lures to see if I can draw sharks into the swimming areas.  :lol:

Good for you, enjoy!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

🌴 ⛱️ 🌞 

funny they talk about us. i'm 1-2-3 done. like you said i can live low maintenance , but just like camping , i just needs some basics. she brings half of her wardrobe. like getting ready for dinner. i can hit a shower be dressed and ready in 15 minutes. she can say she is "ready to go" and i'll still be waiting . always that last "gotta pee" . she takes too long i'll be passed out. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Nassau or Freeport? I think I've asked you this before.

:lol:

35 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

funny they talk about us. i'm 1-2-3 done. like you said i can live low maintenance , but just like camping , i just needs some basics. she brings half of her wardrobe. like getting ready for dinner. i can hit a shower be dressed and ready in 15 minutes. she can say she is "ready to go" and i'll still be waiting . always that last "gotta pee" . she takes too long i'll be passed out. 

seven minutes, that's generally how long it takes me to shower, dress and head out the door.  wife is pretty low maintenance for the most part, teenage daughter requires the occasional 'the car is leaving' and 'if you don't have it with you I'm not going back for it' reminders.  but, this being said I'm really looking forward to being able to spend time with them outside their comfort zone.   we have a posh place to stay, a Wrangler to go anywhere we want and about as little land and much sea/sand as one can ever hope to find.  

25 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Nassau or Freeport? I think I've asked you this before.

:lol:

neither, outer island with 143 known beaches and avoiding all the hubbub. 

a 'vacation' to me involves seeing/interacting with as few and people as possible.   ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

seven minutes, that's generally how long it takes me to shower, dress and head out the door.  wife is pretty low maintenance for the most part, teenage daughter requires the occasional 'the car is leaving' and 'if you don't have it with you I'm not going back for it' reminders.  but, this being said I'm really looking forward to being able to spend time with them outside their comfort zone.   we have a posh place to stay, a Wrangler to go anywhere we want and about as little land and much sea/sand as one can ever hope to find.  

a 'vacation' to me involves seeing/interacting with as few and people as possible.   ;)

yeah that's vacation. and no service to be hangin on freedom sledder just woofin some good seafood :bbq:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Watch yourself, Dementiabusta will be along and tell you you're going to a 3rd world shithole talking like that.

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Watch yourself, Dementiabusta will be along and tell you you're going to a 3rd world shithole talking like that.

there's a lot of non-caucasians there... should I take some sort of weapon?  :roflcrying:

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Have fun!

you know I will, and do no matter where I am as life is short.  ;)

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

there's a lot of non-caucasians there... should I take some sort of weapon?  :roflcrying:

Im sure you'll be fine. Enjoy your trip.

:bc:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Im sure you'll be fine. Enjoy your trip.

:bc:

thanks, but I have at least four more days worth the TDS threads coming, plus the airport stops to catch up on the latest Trump indictments.... and WiFi at the house so... STAY TUNED!!!! 

:roflcrying:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Just a stun gun you should be fine.  :lol: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Just a stun gun you should be fine.  :lol: 

pretty sure TSA isn't going to let that fly

I'm at bit more old school and don't tan well anyway... ;) 

there's a Bahamian 'home depot' on the way to our rental from the air field, so I'll shop.  :)

suddenly seems I'm the one packing things before departure I feel we (mostly I) may require... but that's apparently my role

have a feeling there's more we'll be donating to the locals than we're actually taking.

gotta run and disassemble the toilet and kitchen sink now.

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

suddenly seems I'm the one packing things before departure I feel we (mostly I) may require... but that's apparently my role

have a feeling there's more we'll be donating to the locals than we're actually taking.

gotta run and disassemble the toilet and kitchen sink now.

Post some pics when you get there mang! Enjoy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Post some pics when you get there mang! Enjoy!

Roger that... No TV at the house but there's WiFi so the TDS can live on!  :roflcrying:

You wouldn't believe how much shit I have jammed in the carry on, not looking forward to TSA but am prepped as all the potential red flag shit is inside a cooler backpack in the carry on... Loaded like a spring. 

if you see a Cat carry on between cwa and Miami tomorrow... Yes, let's have a beer. 

IMG_20231211_205045999.jpg

IMG_20231211_205055119.jpg

• Like 2