Check your account email address ×

Possible hate crime in Vermont

13 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I read the guy said nothing to the three before shooting them so how exactly are they considering this a hate crime

I think they need to somehow prove that he hated Palestinians.  They probably grabbed his electronic devices and checking to see if he posted anything indicating such in emails, social media, fsce, etc.  It’s hard to imagine what motives a guy could have for randomly popping off at three fellers sporting Palestinian scarves or whatever they were wearing.  

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Plissken said:

I think they need to somehow prove that he hated Palestinians.  They probably grabbed his electronic devices and checking to see if he posted anything indicating such in emails, social media, fsce, etc.  It’s hard to imagine what motives a guy could have for randomly popping off at three fellers sporting Palestinian scarves or whatever they were wearing.  

I get what they need to prove just nothing that’s been reported that I’ve seen says there is any evidence to suggest a hate crime. The article I read also said they did search his history or something and found some libertarian stuff and Covid 19 conspiracies but didn’t mention anything that said he had a hate for Palestinians. Maybe they just aren’t releasing all they know at this point or maybe it’s just some group calling for something that wasn’t there.

• Platinum Contributing Member

"attempted 2nd degree murder"

Don't hear that charge often and doesn't seem to fit this case.  

Edited by Highmark

Speaking at a news conference, Sarah George, state’s attorney, said law enforcement officials do not yet have evidence to support a hate crime charge, which under Vermont law must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. But, she said, “I do want to be clear that there is no question that this was a hateful act.”

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Just read in an industry rag, that this guy used to be a broker (<1yr) for the same company I work for, but got fired a few yrs back and was fired again just recently.  Sounds like a real beaut.

Sounds like your company will hire anybody. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Just read in an industry rag, that this guy used to be a broker (<1yr) for the same company I work for, but got fired a few yrs back and was fired again just recently.  Sounds like a real beaut.

Eeesh, you're probably going to wish you didn't share this tidbit of info. :dunno:

15 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Sounds like your company will hire anybody. 

You couldn’t get a hiring offer so there’s that.  

15 minutes ago, HSR said:

Eeesh, you're probably going to wish you didn't share this tidbit of info. :dunno:

Only to low life’s like that festering pustule above. There are no need for his comments. 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Only to low life’s like that festering pustule above. There are no need for his comments. 

I though you were all for the constitution and freedom of speech? It's up to you whether you let it bother you :bc:

I was just pointing out how you kinda set yourself up after your previous comments regarding the qualifications needed to hold your position :bc:

It was guaranteed to happen IMO.

15 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You couldn’t get a hiring offer so there’s that.  

Id likely just own the place.

:bc:

Edited by Steve753

10 minutes ago, HSR said:

I though you were all for the constitution and freedom of speech? It's up to you whether you let it bother you :bc:

I was just pointing out how you kinda set yourself up after your previous comments regarding the qualifications needed to hold your position :bc:

It was guaranteed to happen IMO.

Oh, so you think I was promoting the freedom to shit on people’s professions, ethics and wives?  You’ve implied that’s what I wanted several times now, and it’s bullshit.  There are lines I don’t think people should cross, you stopped crossing them and I appreciate that.  I made a rather benign comment because I thought it interesting.  Maybe don’t feel the need to stir shit up.  I didn’t ask for your advice  :bc: 

5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Id likely just own the place.

:bc:

Oh wow you’re sure impressive. 

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Oh, so you think I was promoting the freedom to shit on people’s professions, ethics and wives?  You’ve implied that’s what I wanted several times now, and it’s bullshit.  There are lines I don’t think people should cross, you stopped crossing them and I appreciate that.  I made a rather benign comment because I thought it interesting.  Maybe don’t feel the need to stir shit up.  I didn’t ask for your advice  :bc: 

K

Looks like a sharp divided double standard between places ... You can loot, burn, pillage, rape. .....  maybe ... just maybe there might be an arrest....  then at worst they release with out bond

But, in Vermont they arrest and refuse a bond.

God, I'm glad I'm not white.....