Check your account email address ×

Why trump isn't in the debates.

• Platinum Contributing Member
29 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

He stands to gain nothing.  No good political consultant would recommend that he participate.  Not that he probably listens to them anyways.  :lol: 

Being on the same stage at the same time debating the same issues with the rest should be a requirement IMO. Doesn't mater if you don't have a chance in hell or if you think you're a lock. 

39 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

He stands to gain nothing.  No good political consultant would recommend that he participate.  Not that he probably listens to them anyways.  :lol: 

Not hard to figure out.  And the only ones complaining are his opponents, because they feel the same way

While the quote has been debunked several times since it apparently surfaced in 2015, users have recently been resharing it on social media. Examples can be seen here , here , here , here

The meme reads: “If I were to run, I’d run as a Republican. They’re the dumbest group of voters in the country. They believe anything on Fox News. I could lie and they’d still eat it up. I bet my numbers would be terrific. - Donald Trump, People Magazine, 1998”

The perfect example of dumbass is who runs the house. Republicans elected by the dumb fucks here and who have a majority can’t elect a speaker….once……twice or after 15 votes. Then they remove him and take 2 weeks to decide who’s the next speaker.

THEY HOLD THE MAJORITY.

Meanwhile the government shuts down in a week because they consider anything but funding th government.

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

While the quote has been debunked several times since it apparently surfaced in 2015, users have recently been resharing it on social media. Examples can be seen here , here , here , here

The meme reads: “If I were to run, I’d run as a Republican. They’re the dumbest group of voters in the country. They believe anything on Fox News. I could lie and they’d still eat it up. I bet my numbers would be terrific. - Donald Trump, People Magazine, 1998”

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952yjqn7o8lrc0lfzu9o

:roflcrying:

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Can you lick his balls anymore?

14 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Absolutely nothing to gain and meaningless for him to debate.  He would have made them all look foolish. 

Are you 100% certain of that or is he worried he wouldn't be able to control himself and take the stage and make himself look the fool :dunno:

11 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

He stands minimal to gain but stands the most to lose.  

Only if he makes himself look foolish which is the real reason he is avoiding them like the plague.

If he thought he had anything to gain he would be there. Him thinking he doesn't need to may not sit well with some Repubs.

5 hours ago, HSR said:

Are you 100% certain of that or is he worried he wouldn't be able to control himself and take the stage and make himself look the fool :dunno:

Only if he makes himself look foolish which is the real reason he is avoiding them like the plague.

If he thought he had anything to gain he would be there. Him thinking he doesn't need to may not sit well with some Repubs.

Well, thankfully, you are not a political consultant. And the polls do not bear out not sitting well with Republicans. He is sitting very well with them.

17 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

He stands minimal to gain but stands the most to lose.  Any good campaign consultant knows that.    Sounds good, but in this environment of fake news and bias, the potential upside is not outweighed by the potential downside unfortunately.

Definitely would lose.  He sucks at debate.  Scared to do it.  Surprised his ego lets him sit it out.  He obviously has some handlers that knows better 

4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Definitely would lose.  He sucks at debate.  Scared to do it.  Surprised his ego lets him sit it out.  He obviously has some handlers that knows better 

Trump destroyed Hilary when they debated.  He's since been the fucking president and had the keys to everything.  Do you honestly think he's scared of anyone at this point?  Bring on the D opponent then we can talk.  Oh, and what about those debates?  What debates?  Trump is in it to win it, and comfortably in the lead.  Christ man wake up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Hey wheres your guy?!  Oops.

I just got off the phone with a buddy from NH that is a lifelong Republican. He has been involved at the state and local level for most of his adult life. He has considered changing parties but can't bring himself to switch to an independent. But he also can't bring himself to support today's more radical Republicans, Trump included. Trump's tactics have become the norm for some, even at the local level. Every one of the local more radical Republicans lost out to the Dems last Tuesday in his district.

Never in my life would I have thought that he would even ponder the thought of leaving the republican party.  That's all on Trump.

Maybe I will be proven wrong, but I don't think Trump can win in the general election. When push comes to shove this next election will have a record turnout just to keep Trump out of office.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

I just got off the phone with a buddy from NH that is a lifelong Republican. He has been involved at the state and local level for most of his adult life. He has considered changing parties but can't bring himself to switch to an independent. But he also can't bring himself to support today's more radical Republicans, Trump included. Trump's tactics have become the norm for some, even at the local level. Every one of the local more radical Republicans lost out to the Dems last Tuesday in his district.

Never in my life would I have thought that he would even ponder the thought of leaving the republican party.  That's all on Trump.

Maybe I will be proven wrong, but I don't think Trump can win in the general election. When push comes to shove this next election will have a record turnout just to keep Trump out of office.

And I can show you endless streams of minorities who have when up from the ether on the democrats and are turning to Trump.

Both your guy and each of those minority people's vote count the same.

15 minutes ago, Snake said:

And I can show you endless streams of minorities who have when up from the ether on the democrats and are turning to Trump.

We are both entitled to our opinions. I gave mine prior to the midterms and I believe you were one of the guys that laughed at the for saying that the abortion issue was going to cause problems for the republicans.

I prefer to step back from party propaganda and look at the big picture. The republican party has lost it's way.   Donald Trump isn't the way to right the ship IMO. We'll see who is right next November. :bc:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Snake said:

maybe they think he's colored too because of the orange makeup? 

how many poll points would he lose if he came out in public with his ghost white goblin face? 

lemme guess, you just love him for his policies...