Check your account email address ×

Active Shooter in Maine

I understand that gun violence is almost non existent in countries with strict gun laws. However, America was built on several freedoms. The right to bare arms is one of them. If guns are taken away what's next? Because we all know that once you start down that road it snowballs.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Maine averages 16-29 homicides every year since 2012. The blm riots destroyed that state, Portland is trash. Typical blue state

What? :lol:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I understand that gun violence is almost non existent in countries with strict gun laws. However, America was built on several freedoms. The right to bare arms is one of them. If guns are taken away what's next? Because we all know that once you start down that road it snowballs.

Exactly! Unfortunately tragedies like this happen but freedom has a price. I seriously doubt we'd have the freedom we do  today without the 2nd ammendment 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

You honestly think not taking away certain guns will stop the government if they really want to do something?

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

Exactly! Unfortunately tragedies like this happen but freedom has a price. I seriously doubt we'd have the freedom we do  today without the 2nd ammendment 

What freedoms do we have here that they dont have in Australia other than guns?

Edited by Steve753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Steve753 said:

You honestly think not taking away certain guns will stop the government if they really want to do something?

The taliban and north vietnam sure put a stop to our government with alot less technology 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Guns are the issue.  End of story.  What you hear is justification and excuses because most on here prefer unfettered gun access over saving lives.  

Should this guy's guns been taken away this summer when he ends up in a psych ward?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Guns are the issue.  End of story.  What you hear is justification and excuses because most on here prefer unfettered gun access over saving lives.  

No it is not the end of the story you mental reject, it is a mental health issue. A gun does no harm until a human being touches it you moron. Here's another thing Einstein, criminals don't care about the idea of more and tougher gun laws, evil will find a way.

• Like 1

Just now, snoughnut said:

No it is not the end of the story you mental reject, it is a mental health issue. A gun does no harm until a human being touches it you moron. Here's another thing Einstein, criminals don't care about the idea of more and tougher gun laws, evil will find a way.

Thats such a worn out narrative.

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

What snowball effect can you point to in other countries like France, Canada, Australia, England, Sweden, Germany, etc?

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

Should this guy's guns been taken away this summer when he ends up in a psych ward?

Yes - needs to be a comprehensive approach. 

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

You should go swimming in a septic tank today :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

3D printers make guns now. Banning Guns wont do shit way to late for that. So many Guns already in the country to begin with. 

Arm yourselves and protect your family is my suggestion. :news:

• Like 1

Just now, EvilBird said:

3D printers make guns now. Banning Guns wont do shit way to late for that. So many Guns already in the country to begin with. 

Arm yourselves and protect your family is my suggestion. :news:

That doesnt sound like freedom. That sounds like you're scared shitless. 

8 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I think you are missing the point.   Once it starts there what they decide to take away will snowball into other things.

I do think the right to bare arms at the minimum makes govt think twice.  FFS look how scared the Jan 6th protest/riot got them or are they lying about how scared they were?    

God forbid armed confrontation between citizens and govt ever occurred on mass level.  The pro gun control side always assumes that all LE and military would be on their side.  I really don't think that would be the case.  Many would take up arms against the people many, many would not.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Yes - needs to be a comprehensive approach. 

In this case the current laws failed. However, I don't think it would have stopped this particular case even if they had removed his guns. With his background I'm sure that he would have been able to find a gun elsewhere.

I know that it sucks. But like someone mentioned earlier, freedom has it's costs.

• Like 3