Check your account email address ×

23/24 Cross Country thread

3 minutes ago, Turf said:

Pro Factory Final from this last weekend at Naytahwaush Nightrider 200

Looks horrible for the catalyst, maybe herf and jimbo need to get together and find the right gearing

6 minutes ago, Turf said:

Pro Factory Final.png

Polaris has historically done better at the lake races to my knowledge, but look at SkiDoo suddenly?  Near as I can see forward there won't be enough terrain races to catch up even if Cat can manage to snag a victory or two.  

I guess this is what happens when you design and engineer a sled for the mountains and trail riders first and then try to make it work for racing.

2012 anyone? 

17 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Looks horrible for the catalyst, maybe herf and jimbo need to get together and find the right gearing

I just don't understand this, Jimmy said it was so dominant, that even stock last year it was cleaning up in the Mod class, diid it suddenly get slower or did the racers get complacent thinking they had it in the bag and not do any setup? Did they give the fast one to the sport guy?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

I just don't understand this, Jimmy said it was so dominant, that even stock last year it was cleaning up in the Mod class, diid it suddenly get slower or did the racers get complacent thinking they had it in the bag and not do any setup? Did they give the fast one to the sport guy?

Jimbos gonna have a busy week testing to help the guys find a few more mph

3 minutes ago, Turf said:

The catatyst sleds had a hard time finding speed. Gunner was not on a catalyst.

so the new gearing 'for racers' Jimbone claimed made them slower? 

2 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

I just don't understand this, Jimmy said it was so dominant, that even stock last year it was cleaning up in the Mod class, did it suddenly get slower or did the racers get complacent thinking they had it in the bag and not do any setup? Did they give the fast one to the sport guy?

maybe the new quadruple top secret gearing was being tested for the mountain riders? 

:dunno:

Did anyone tell the cat crowd to put on the super secret belt and cover and make sure the helix is at #1 setting ?

on a side note for any of you racers out there - 2023 .5 hours and no miles 30,000 no low ballers I know what I got (the only way apparently a ice race can be won is with a procross)

3516584869.jpg

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Polaris has historically done better at the lake races to my knowledge, but look at SkiDoo suddenly?  Near as I can see forward there won't be enough terrain races to catch up even if Cat can manage to snag a victory or two.  

I guess this is what happens when you design and engineer a sled for the mountains and trail riders first and then try to make it work for racing.

2012 anyone? 

Ski-Doo has done the same thing since ‘08. They are far and away #1 in sales and kicking ass in snox. They need more racers on yellow for XC races. Of course you guys need this stuff called snow to do any riding/racing. That’s going away more and more every season. 

2 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Ski-Doo has done the same thing since ‘08. They are far and away #1 in sales and kicking ass in snox. They need more racers on yellow for XC races. Of course you guys need this stuff called snow to do any riding/racing. That’s going away more and more every season. 

https://www.superprof.com/lessons/stand-up-comedy/united-states/

51 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Did anyone tell the cat crowd to put on the super secret belt and cover and make sure the helix is at #1 setting ?

on a side note for any of you racers out there - 2023 .5 hours and no miles 30,000 no low ballers I know what I got (the only way apparently a ice race can be won is with a procross)

3516584869.jpg

in that case... $29,900 and it comes with a brand new engine and previous celebrity ownership.

IMG_20230205_131003243_HDR.thumb.jpg.7f703b15a58fba776b22453dc8ef8569.jpgIMG_20230205_131026230_HDR.thumb.jpg.95fbd08a75237431a0b9cebc338ff9f4.jpg

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

2012 anyone? 

It makes time to develop new chassis race machines.

11 minutes ago, mnstang said:

not when you care about winning...

1312723_web_SnoPro600-2.gif

but, they've gotta gain market share back somehow.  thank goodness Yamaha is getting out.  :)

20 minutes ago, mnstang said:

But last year the totally stock Catalyst was outrunning even the Mod sleds, and Jimmy won't answer how it got slower..

10 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

But last year the totally stock Catalyst was outrunning even the Mod sleds, and Jimmy won't answer how it got slower..

He would tell you but you dont know the super secret hand shake

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

2012 anyone? 

Bryan wrenching on that sled is what makes the difference over other doos. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fortune46x said:

3516584869.jpg

Country cat was blowing those puppies out for 12,399.00!!!!:haha:

2 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

Country cat was blowing those puppies out for 12,399.00!!!!:haha:

Tell that to Brady. Poo does have a speed advantage on ice. Cat OWNS snow. I ride on snow.