Check your account email address ×

23/24 Cross Country thread

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

2002, 2012, 2015, 2016, and 2021

Yea I looked at the winners list right after I asked that and saw it had been cancelled quite a few times since 2000

6 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Yea I looked at the winners list right after I asked that and saw it had been cancelled quite a few times since 2000

I think 2002 was because there was no one to host it.  USCC had just started or was close to it, and I really don't know who it would have been before that.  ISOC or MRP I would guess?

On 1/23/2024 at 5:03 PM, AK440 said:

Not to worry, @Bontz vouched that climate change is fake. He’s got no snow and can’t ride but climate change is fake.

Poor angry Eskimo ... or is that politically incorrect, and I should be saying Angry Inuit?  Why are you always so upset?  OTB - here's a picture of my sled this past Saturday and getting about 90 miles on for the day.  Too bad you can't post pictures of your sled :lol:

image.thumb.png.5094abb4cfe9164719d69990f4bb1510.png

PS - climate change is fake (but you go ahead and keep on hanging with Greta and Al Gore) :lol2:

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Park Rapids is looking unlikely to happen, and unless we get some cold weather, Walker and Naytahwaush are unlikely too.

Our race is ok. Might add one week before. Ice is good. Will see.

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Park Rapids is looking unlikely to happen, and unless we get some cold weather, Walker and Naytahwaush are unlikely too.

Climate change is fake news. 

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Our race is ok. Might add one week before. Ice is good. Will see.

Whether or not the DNR will issue the permit is another thing.

5 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Climate change is fake news. 

More time for farming.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

10 day calls for high 30's to mid-40's. 

That isn't ice maintaining weather.

Nope and the problem is normally there is some snow to help insulate the ice. Wheeler ice racing here was postponed.

15 hours ago, AK440 said:

Man made Climate change is fake news. 

only half way intelligent  thing you've ever said.

BTW, if the climate never changed, there would be no life at all on this rock

Edited by krom

4 hours ago, krom said:

only half way intelligent  thing you've ever said.

BTW, if the climate never changed, there would be no life at all on this rock

It was called :sarcasm1:

34 minutes ago, AK440 said:

It was called :sarcasm1:

So was my editing your quote, but not nearly as sarcastic as saying you said something  halfway intelligent

3 hours ago, Potatodigger1 said:

Park Rapids has been cancelled.....

Hahahah! Where’s @krom and @Bontz to explain away the complete lack of snow and useable ice. Them guyz is weally smart meteorologists sciency types

6 hours ago, AK440 said:

Hahahah! Where’s @krom and @Bontz to explain away the complete lack of snow and useable ice. Them guyz is weally smart meteorologists sciency types

You've got your wagon hitched to a group of people who think gas stoves are a menace to society.  Go drink another gallon of RV Antifreeze.  Climate change :lol2:

Edited by Bontz
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Climate change :lol2:

whatever 'it' is this winter it's getting a big :thumbdown: from me and :thumbdown: :thumbdown: from my wife who's sick of me constantly grumbling about it and enjoys not having me around every weekend.  

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

whatever 'it' is this winter it's getting a big :thumbdown: from me and :thumbdown: :thumbdown: from my wife who's sick of me constantly grumbling about it and enjoys not having me around every weekend.  

Your wife isn't the only one who enjoys not having you around :stirthepot: :lol:

All joking aside, mine is the same way.  The look of disappointment on her face when I told her we weren't doing our U.P. trip this week was pretty noticeable.  I told her, "Guess you'll just have to tell your boyfriend who comes to visit when I'm gone, to finance a trip out west for me this year."  Now, if somehow that happens & she's offering to send me out west ... I won't necessarily be laughing!!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

Your wife isn't the only one who enjoys not having you around :stirthepot: :lol:

All joking aside, mine is the same way.  The look of disappointment on her face when I told her we weren't doing our U.P. trip this week was pretty noticeable.  I told her, "Guess you'll just have to tell your boyfriend who comes to visit when I'm gone, to finance a trip out west for me this year."  Now, if somehow that happens & she's offering to send me out west ... I won't necessarily be laughing!!

right... mine is accustomed to me being out riding at every opportunity in the winter and being up at the cottage every other weekend fishing from May through October.  having me around every weekend since October is starting to wear on her nerves... hard to believe?  :lol:

she's getting this weekend off as I'm going to the GD Soo to poison @Not greg b's liver since there's no riding to be had. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Walker cancelled, tentatively 2 races 2 consecutive weekends at Naytauwaush.  

Not to worry, Bontz has you covered. He said climate change is fake. The race WON’T be canceled. That’s your overactive imagination.  

On 1/31/2024 at 3:39 AM, Bontz said:

You've got your wagon hitched to a group of people who think gas stoves are a menace to society.  Go drink another gallon of RV Antifreeze.  Climate change :lol2:

3 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Not to worry, Bontz has you covered. He said climate change is fake. The race WON’T be canceled. That’s your overactive imagination.  

This is just God's way of punishing us for electing Tyrant Timmy as our governor.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1