Check your account email address ×

23/24 Cross Country thread

38 minutes ago, Premium said:

I think the Doos are 2.86.  Aren't they also all single ply from the factory?

Yeah I'm sure the clutching needs to be dialed in.  While the primary idler bearing system works great for the average rider, I've always wondered if the constant compression secondary acts to prevent overdrive. For all out speed it's hard to beat the old Cat reverse cam button/roller secondary setup. They just work.

idk if the Doo race sled gets a single ply or an R track tbh.   what's the availability of R rated tracks this year?  I know it was an issue last year at the GD Soo and many teams suffered track related issues.   didn't Zach blow a non R track @Not greg b and end up spectating and drinking beer the rest of the day?

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

otb, and 2.86P tracks weigh less :thumbsup:

2.52 puts more picks in the ice

if my memory is correct a few years back several of the Iron Dog :puke:teams tried 1" lug 14"W 136" 2.52P speed tracks.

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/iron-dog-indy-race-sled-pics.1869462/post-20390290

based on this pic from the 2023 race and how close the rear axle outer wheels are to the edge of the track it looks as though some still are running the 14"w

Iron+Dog+Meet_Greet+2023-02-14+12.jpg?fo

it's not the pic/post/thread/article I was looking for which was a ID Kit'd Assault with a 136" but...  

https://cdn1.polaris.com/globalassets/snow/root/team-polaris/racer-resources/cross-contry/parts-and-kits/2020-600-indy-xc-137-iron-dog-upgrade-parts-list.pdf?v=75e167d4

looks like that old link still works... notice the track drive comment on P2

The Iron Dog you say…. really?  :lol2:
I thought that was just a dirt race up in buttfuck nowhere.

Edited by AK440

16 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

idk if the Doo race sled gets a single ply or an R track tbh.   what's the availability of R rated tracks this year?  I know it was an issue last year at the GD Soo and many teams suffered track related issues.   didn't Zach blow a non R track @Not greg b and end up spectating and drinking beer the rest of the day?

Not sure about last year but the year before he blew a track right through the front of the sled and took out everything including the engine. He was up on the hill with the rest of us delirics. We offered him beer and food but I think he thought racing is safer than partying with you fools. Several other people were blowing tracks that year. Troy and Gabe got tangled up in the race the night before and screwed themselves up badly and didn’t race the actual 500. They flew in gunner last minute to ride with Spencer and Gabe’s team ran his sled without him. 

6 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Not sure about last year but the year before he blew a track right through the front of the sled and took out everything including the engine. He was up on the hill with the rest of us delirics. We offered him beer and food but I think he thought racing is safer than partying with you fools. Several other people were blowing tracks that year. Troy and Gabe got tangled up in the race the night before and screwed themselves up badly and didn’t race the actual 500. They flew in gunner last minute to ride with Spencer and Gabe’s team ran his sled without him. 

yup, two years ago.   

has Hector posted anything about his Catalyst mod yet?   128"?  does it break 111mph?

caught the sweet 16 from eagle river when we got home last night... Doo was a rocket.  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

16 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yup, two years ago.   

has Hector posted anything about his Catalyst mod yet?   128"?  does it break 111mph?

caught the sweet 16 from eagle river when we got home last night... Doo was a rocket.  

Hector is still waiting on his spoon engines he over nighted from Japan 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 9:46 PM, Premium said:

Zach gives a recap at the end (7:28) and basically says they haven't found the top speed they need to be competitive.  Hopefully they will find an answer!

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no sugar coating it from Zach...

Where ya been Crnr?? :bc:

COR and AXC, the only 2 ISR sanctioned cross country circuits in the country are both cancelled for this weekend. Idk how the weather out there looks but we have another 3 day warm up this week that’s screwing us.

42 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

COR and AXC, the only 2 ISR sanctioned cross country circuits in the country are both cancelled for this weekend. Idk how the weather out there looks but we have another 3 day warm up this week that’s screwing us.

10 day forecast is not better here. I think the trails will be shot in the next 48 hours here 

57 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

15 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

10 day forecast is not better here. I think the trails will be shot in the next 48 hours here 

I have 3.4 miles... on the track stand.  1.4 of them around the property at work.

#fuckingepic

glad I didn't buy a new sled, tbh.  

32 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

fuck, but this was my year!!!!  :sad:

iron dog instead anyone?  

:ashamed:

Iron Dog? I think that’s the so called dirt race the Freedom Sledder clowns like to bash on all the time. 

2 hours ago, Potatodigger1 said:

Park Rapids postponed, maybe they will have enough ice by then?

Bwahahaha! Great fricking winter for the Midwest. Just two weeks ago all the assclowns were saying how great conditions were and I told them don’t get used to it. 

Looks like snocross will be the only semi reliable form of snowmobile racing that can be done down there. Snowguns racing only. A couple more winters like this and the OEM marketing will be able to siphon even more money away from the race depts. Freedomsledder users will be making threads about which onesie is better and is a 155 better than a 163 for riding trees out west. 

team-polaris-athletes-gallery-chris-bura

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

2002, 2012, 2015, 2016, and 2021

Not to worry, @Bontz vouched that climate change is fake. He’s got no snow and can’t ride but climate change is fake.

• Haha 1