Check your account email address ×

23/24 Cross Country thread

40 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

Not there either, heading to NM in the morning.

Facebook

Boe Bunke with the Pro Mod win.

419185519_831455418907561_7182189873394158296_n.jpg

It's a THE GD SOO sled !!!!   :)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Potatodigger1 said:

Maybe not “the” one, but I believe the chassis is very similar. Stock 600r efi single pipe motor.

so the std SX sled mill... still 150ish hp

good looking aero on it

how did Herf do on his stocker in the mod class?

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

2 hours ago, airflite1 said:

They aren't reporting much, Jesse Hallstrom won Semi-Pro.

419732892_18409796029046185_325030212822513504_n.jpg

who's the prankster that put the BRP logo and SkiDoo decals on his Arctic Cat?

1 hour ago, Potatodigger1 said:

47BF97E6-30C0-401B-B75E-C3E14C97FBE6.jpeg

Gotta love how they don’t include the brand of sled in the results. 

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so the std SX sled mill... still 150ish hp

good looking aero on it

how did Herf do on his stocker in the mod class?

On the bold the belt blower didn’t do so hot. Kinda hard to dial in gearing with only two combinations available.

Edited by AK440

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

Gotta love how they don’t include the brand of sled in the results. 

On the bold the belt blower didn’t do so hot. Kinda hard to dial in gearing with only two combinations available.

Zach ran a stock sled in the mod class because the cattle ass mod shit the bed. Looks like cat did not have a good day in that class. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

looking forward to hearing about Pine Lake @racinfarmer and @airflite1 assuming you are there?

is @Potatodigger1 still around?

Stayed at home in the race shop all day.  Holiday banquet too.  Could have done without that.

6 hours ago, airflite1 said:

Not there either, heading to NM in the morning.

Facebook

Boe Bunke with the Pro Mod win.

419185519_831455418907561_7182189873394158296_n.jpg

I remember Boe when he was back in the Jr 10-13 class.  Damn that seems like not that long ago.

2 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Justin Tate is a freak, guys been around the snowmobile scene longer than the procross and still doing well.

Even when I was racing, you'd see him get off the sled and gimp around.  Great guy, but damn that body has had a lot of abuse.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Stayed at home in the race shop all day.  Holiday banquet too.  Could have done without that.

I remember Boe when he was back in the Jr 10-13 class.  Damn that seems like not that long ago.

Even when I was racing, you'd see him get off the sled and gimp around.  Great guy, but damn that body has had a lot of abuse.

Bobby Menne in the Carbide Podcast said Tate has been racing since ‘97 and can barely walk. I thought he was making a joke about the walking part but it sounds like Tate has suffered some injuries? Racing is cool and all but walking and being able to get around has a funny way of becoming more and more important as you get older. Being a hobbled up 60-70 year old who can barely climb a set of stairs would not be worth the trade off to keep racing sleds now. 

3 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Bobby Menne in the Carbide Podcast said Tate has been racing since ‘97 and can barely walk. I thought he was making a joke about the walking part but it sounds like Tate has suffered some injuries? Racing is cool and all but walking and being able to get around has a funny way of becoming more and more important as you get older. Being a hobbled up 60-70 year old who can barely climb a set of stairs would not be worth the trade off to keep racing sleds now. 

Better to be a wheelchair bound 70 year old knowing you lived a damn fun life to get there then to be one of those nurds that runs marathons in their 70's.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Better to be a wheelchair bound 70 year old knowing you lived a damn fun life to get there then to be one of those nurds that runs marathons in their 70's.

That’s what dipshits say that aren’t a wheelchair bound 70 year old. Ever listen to a Blair Morgan interview? He doesn’t exactly wax poetic about his racing career. 

Funny how decrepit 70 year old guy will wish he wasn’t such a bad ass “living such a fun life” when he was younger now that he can’t walk the grocery store aisle and has to drive around one of those obesity scooters. 

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

That’s what dipshits say that aren’t a wheelchair bound 70 year old. Ever listen to a Blair Morgan interview? He doesn’t exactly wax poetic about his racing career. 

Funny how decrepit 70 year old guy will wish he wasn’t such a bad ass “living such a fun life” when he was younger now that he can’t walk the grocery store aisle and has to drive around one of those obesity scooters. 

Blair Morgan is at most of the snocross races now. He is the reason why team skidoo is killing it.  He is a very humble person but most people think he is dick, but those people have never delt with Canadians. A certain cat rider said in will keep my team going but cat said no and he went away

7 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Blair Morgan is at most of the snocross races now. He is the reason why team skidoo is killing it.  He is a very humble person but most people think he is dick, but those people have never delt with Canadians. A certain cat rider said in will keep my team going but cat said no and he went away

He is a legend! If I had what happened to him, I would have ended it. One of the greatest riders to ever exist.

13 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no, a different one  9_9

what are you doing here on a Saturday afternoon with all that rideable snow in Alaska?

He doesn't own a sled.  Implied he can't afford one multiple times.  Sad.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Or they could do both like Donny Omdahl.

• Like 1

catching up on their Facebook page this morning it sounds like a well run, we're not fucking around and waiting for you event.  there were some scammers posting links to a 'live stream' of the race which were credit card thieves... so don't click and give them your digits if they try it again today. 

that said, would be nice if there was coverage of some kind for the big lake races.  if the kids in Sault St Marie can do it... what's up with you Minnesnowduh?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deephaven said:

He doesn't own a sled.  Implied he can't afford one multiple times.  Sad.

Still waiting for you to prove the photos I posted of snow with my machine in them weren’t mine. :news:#waiting :handjob: #deephavenisalyingsackofshit :lol2::owned:

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

He’s gotta be knocking on 50 or so isn't he?

6 hours ago, airflite1 said:

Or they could do both like Donny Omdahl.

There was a bit of sarcasm in my post, but I guess I'd rather look at it when I'm old the decrepit as I had a good time and not "Damn, wish I would have done that."

23 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

He’s gotta be knocking on 50 or so isn't he?

Thought I heard he has been racing since like 97?